Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-20, 01:07 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I'm posting the same thing a few places on VF today!

I find self-acupressure helpful sometimes. Lee Holden has a couple of YouTube routines for free:

***3 Common Acupressure Points Everyone Should Know (Pain, Stress, Energy)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP1xt62u5r4

***60 Second Acupressure Self-Massage Techniques for More Energy, Headache Relief, and Inner Balance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYTwJxAx6W4

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-20, 10:59 PM  
DCW

Thank you!

What went right today?

The rain stopped so I did a mid day short walk and a later after work walk.
I did my pushups. I ate healthy today. I took the time to watch work related materials. I didn't have to cook from ground zero.

So I am going to bed at a decent hour while I'm ahead.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-20, 09:46 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Alta, thanks for posting the links to those videos. They look great.

DCW, I love those days when everything just seems to go right. They seem fewer and fewer these days, but it feels so good when they do.

Two virtual dance classes today - Bollywood and a pop dance class. I struggled with the Bollywood class today for some reason. I was just not getting the timing right. I tried a YouTube step workout yesterday by Lethal Leslie that I bailed on after 20 minutes. She seems like an amazing instructor, but I was just lost in the choreography. She uses different names than I am used to for some moves. For example, she cued us to do a 'half-orbit', which I eventually realized was a revolving door. So a very frustrating couple of workout days. Plus is it super cold here, and I am too wimpy to go walking in this.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-20, 05:43 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

Again, I haven't done much exercise wise - some walking and yoga. Just thought I'd drop in and say hi!

My sister suffers from sometimes severe depression and I am her lifeline so to speak. She does speak with a counselor and takes meds but depends on me a lot. It's been wearing me out recently. I know exercise would help me feel less mentally exhausted. Need to seriously get back at it.

Hope everyone is doing well.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-20, 07:41 PM  
DCW

In the midst of so much sadness this year I have decide to look for little rainbows in the day. What went right today?

I signed up for Essentrics streaming.
I walked outdoors. I try to get outside every day just to clear my head. Amazing what a blast of cold does to your thoughts. Even 10 minutes works!
Old 12-18-20, 09:51 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Annette, sorry to hear about your sister's struggles. I can see how that would be mentally exhausting for you. I hope you are able to take at least a little bit of time to care for yourself and recharge (easier said than done, I know).

DCW, that is a wonderful idea to look for little things that that went right each day. Especially with so much sadness happening now. I love walking in the cold - I even have a pair of fleece-lined leggings. I draw the line when they start to issue frostbite warnings!

I did a virtual Christmas-themed dance class the past two days. Yesterday was Mariah's All I Want for Christmas and today was Destiny Child's Eight Days of Christmas. I am starting to get in the Christmas mood!

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-20, 01:23 PM  
Hsim

Hi Everyone! Happy week before Christmas.

DH and I have decided to put our house up for sale right after New Year's day so we are busy cleaning and organizing. I will try to hold out on retirement until the middle of March for my bonus but I just don't know if I can last that long. Practically speaking just trying to eke out until the end of January by that time hopefully we will have some solid offers.

Workout wise lots of walking and running some of it indoors due to snow on the East Coast. Also did some Cathe MMA boxing and Pop Pilates.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-20, 07:24 PM  
DCW

Wow, selling your house!! You are busy. I can guess that retirement has you ready to go and start another phase of life. Congratulations!!!

Today I got out and walked. I am feeling the lack of daylight and I will be so happy when we start gaining more light. Feeling a wee bit blue but I will get outdoors tomorrow and get some sun. I am so not a winter person. Give me long summer days.
Old 12-21-20, 01:08 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Hsim - home selling! You are ambitious!

I've started Lee Holden's 30-Day Qi Gong Challenge DVD. I'm absolutely desperate to try anything to reduce stress.

I still doing my regular workouts. JENILU put her playlist of holiday-themed workouts up and I've done one of those.

Tonight, we'll walk outside after dark to see the 2020 Planetary Conjunction!

Hugs to all!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-20, 06:07 PM  
DCW

I did Essentrics in the morning and two short routines after work to work out the knots from sitting.

I walked for lunch and got a good look at our resident redtail hawk. I see it about every few months. I haven't seen the eagles since mid summer. I guess the hawk is the lord of the sky for now.

Tags
check in, check-in, coronavirus, covid, covid-19, new check-in, pandemic, social fitnessing