Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-24-20, 08:08 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I'm celebrating my 15th anniversary at work and they sent me a gift basket from Simply Chocolate. If you love chocolate like I do, it's great! It'll take me a long time to eat all of it, but that's ok. I also like Gertrude Hawk as someone else mentioned. Costco and Sam's also have gift baskets around Christmas that I've bought as gifts.
Old 10-24-20, 09:14 AM  
Demeris

Big Island Cookies

I had the great good fortune, 6 years ago, of spending 6 weeks on the Big Island. These cookies are unbelievably good.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 10:56 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Yes, I am loving this thread -- I am always at a loss for gift ideas so this is fantastic!! Thanks to the original poster for starting it.
Old 10-31-20, 10:46 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thanks for all the suggestions! DH said to me, "What do you think about sending the nieces and nephews food gift baskets for Christmas this year?"

I replied, "Gotta look up that thread on VF!"

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-20, 10:57 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I had a Greenberg Smoked Turkey last year from https://gobblegobble.com/view/home and it was really good. All they do - I think - are turkeys and they aren't cheap though.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-20, 11:07 AM  
BigBadBetty

I used Goldbelly to send a gift. My recipients were really happy with the gift. They feature foods from favorite restaurants across the US.
BigBadBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-20, 11:07 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
OH MY GOSH!!! You can order this? I've only ever had it when I had a layover at O'Hares!
Garrett's popcorn is good, but my husband prefers Nuts on Clark popcorn when it comes to Chicago popcorn.

Another site to get Chicago gifts from is Taste of Chicago. I've sent my family Lou Malnati's pizza from there. Not cheap, but great pizza!
Old 10-31-20, 08:43 PM  
bfit

I've also had a good experience with Harry and David. They have non-fruit items in addition to fruit, and you can get boxes and baskets that combine fruit and non-fruit. For my Dad's 90th birthday my brother and I went in together and got him the Fruit of the Month club for 12 months.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-20, 09:51 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
I've also had a good experience with Harry and David. They have non-fruit items in addition to fruit, and you can get boxes and baskets that combine fruit and non-fruit. For my Dad's 90th birthday my brother and I went in together and got him the Fruit of the Month club for 12 months.
This made me think of the episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond" when Ray buys that for Marie. It was hysterical! "so many pears! "

That is a sweet gift! Happy Birthday to your dad.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-20, 10:02 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

This is a terrific thread. I'm a big fan of consumable gits.

From those listed in this thread, I've used nuts.com and Harry and David and been happy with both. A couple of years ago someone sent me some chocolate dipped strawberries....I wish I could remember what site they were from!

Tags
catalog, food gifts, gift ideas, gifts, holiday gifts, off topic, off-topic, old thread alert