Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-13-20, 12:37 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I hate to admit it, but I just looked at my shelf and have 34 of her dvds!
I restarted a more structures exercise habit a few months ago, and have been doing a lot of her walks, but mostly from YouTube.

I hate the thought of paying for a streaming service, and then if you change your mind about continuing, that's it, they're all gone, and you don't have anything to show for the money you spent. So, even though I'm not using them now, I'd rather buy a dvd.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-20, 04:31 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Oh I'm not looking for any Leslie's. I have 3 of her workouts that rarely get used as it is. I guess it is just the vidiot in me that thinks Leslie's are becoming rarer so I should pick them up while I can. LOL!
Wendy you made me laugh..thanks :-)
The vidiot in me sometimes drive me to look for others that are in a set. Which sometimes results in liking only the first one I purchased..but being resistant to " breaking up a set" by purging the ones I don't click with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Ah, but never the one I want!
Alison which titles are you looking for? ( I saw bzar's list on the exchange but haven't seen those titles.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-20, 06:40 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post

Alison which titles are you looking for? ( I saw bzar's list on the exchange but haven't seen those titles.
Well, I was looking into her Hips & Thighs dvd and the other one that used the fitcuff...but I don't have a fitcuff, haha. Kind of like "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" -- now to decide if I want to buy a fitcuff.
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-20, 08:12 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Well, I was looking into her Hips & Thighs dvd and the other one that used the fitcuff...but I don't have a fitcuff, haha. Kind of like "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" -- now to decide if I want to buy a fitcuff.
Lol

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-20, 11:10 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

It's funny that you mention this because just this past week with the terrible air quality in CA forcing us to stay inside, I've heard from two friends who would never have considered video workouts say they just did Leslie videos on YouTube and really liked them.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-20, 01:10 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I had to go check and I have 30 Leslie DVDs/sets. She has been my go-to instructor for cardio for decades.

Years ago, back when Leslie was somewhat derided on VF for being for baby beginners, injury recovery or just plain too darn easy for a respectable VFer, I gave away some of her videos. I was later sorry.

Admittedly, I'm doing mostly Team Body Project lately, but I would never give up even my oldest Leslie DVD.

I'm just not that in to streaming either.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-20, 01:37 PM  
Demeris

I have forty Leslie DVDs/Sets. This isn't counting the mp4s I downloaded from her youtube channel (only some of which are duplicates [duplicates that I currently know of]).

I had never heard of Leslie Sansone until I came onto VF, and when I first started lurking, she was a little poo-pooed here, but I got a couple of her dvds from Collage and really liked them. THEN I remember being in Paris over Christmas/New Years 2007/2008 and checking the VF forums at an internet cafe, seeing she was on QVC, furious that I couldn't order them right then! I did place a QVC order as soon as I got back home.

I still do her workouts, especially in the summer when the heat is too oppressive. I particularly like to do her stuff on my rebounder.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-20, 06:10 PM  
sillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by glavtx View Post
I hate the thought of paying for a streaming service, and then if you change your mind about continuing, that's it, they're all gone, and you don't have anything to show for the money you spent. So, even though I'm not using them now, I'd rather buy a dvd.
It's very rare, but there are streaming sites that let you download the workout to keep (no special app or software needed, workout saved as just a plain old mp4 file).
sillygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-20, 10:08 PM  
bubbles76

Someone was requesting Tone Every Zone Walk. Who was it?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-20, 10:10 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Someone was requesting Tone Every Zone Walk. Who was it?
Allison.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leslie, leslie sansone