Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-20, 07:20 AM  
Rhonda

Jazzercise on Demand

Does anyone have this subscription? I know it is a bit pricey but wondering how it is.

they have a two week trial so I was thinking about trying it out as I feel I need something different.

I also like that they have a choice of 10, 20, 30, 40 minute classes.
or
Is there something else out there similar to this that would be good.

Thanks!
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 07:50 AM  
atticus
VF Supporter

I have had JOD since last fall and I love it! I used to attend classes but I actually like these better. The app has a mix of the workouts they filmed specifically for the JOD site and also a number of workouts they filmed during the time most of the studios were closed because of the quarantine.
There are a lot of workout options (cardio, strength, intervals, fusion, stretch, etc.) and the instructors are fabulous! So encouraging, so much energy, and very personable.
HTH.

ETA: They add new content every week.
Old 08-28-20, 09:51 AM  
spearrmint

Red face Love Love Love it!

I used to take then teach Jazzercise. I haven't done it in like 25 years when I found the Jazzercise Live on Facebook that then went to YouTube. I was elated! The routines have changed & are more up to date and a rocking hard sweaty workout! I met Shanna when I was an instructor so it's so much fun working out with her again. I joined JOD and it's the best $195 I've spent on workouts in some time. It works out to $16/month which is less than most gyms. You can pick the length & type of workout & instructor. My faves are Interval Fusion & Core Booty Burn. All dance workouts include strength training and they're doing Body Band strength training workouts as well. During quarantine some instructors are recording routines at their homes which is really neat. I would recommend joining JOD, it really got my workout mojo back big time. I've worked out more during quarantine than in the past few years, just got stale on all my hundreds of DVD's. The only problem is I struggle with doing my other workouts at all, Jazzercise is so much fun & I feel so good & worked out afterwards. I feel like a sponsor with all my raving LOL
spearrmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-20, 11:37 AM  
gladgirl

I missed the whole Jazzercise movement before. I have wanted to take a class.
I love the idea, but wonder if my 2 left feet would get in the way of the workout.
Is Jazzercise beginner friendly?

Tell me more.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-20, 12:55 PM  
atticus
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post
I love the idea, but wonder if my 2 left feet would get in the way of the workout.

Tell me more.
I tell people if you can count to 8, you can do Jazzercise! I am not at all dance oriented, but the choreography is not complicated and they repeat the moves enough times that even if you don't get it on the first try you will get it before long. The workouts are Nothing But Fun and the Jazzercise on Demand app is fabulous!
You can do it!
Old 08-28-20, 12:59 PM  
atticus
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearrmint View Post
I used to take then teach Jazzercise. I haven't done it in like 25 years when I found the Jazzercise Live on Facebook that then went to YouTube. I was elated! The routines have changed & are more up to date and a rocking hard sweaty workout! I met Shanna when I was an instructor so it's so much fun working out with her again. I joined JOD and it's the best $195 I've spent on workouts in some time. It works out to $16/month which is less than most gyms. You can pick the length & type of workout & instructor. My faves are Interval Fusion & Core Booty Burn. All dance workouts include strength training and they're doing Body Band strength training workouts as well. During quarantine some instructors are recording routines at their homes which is really neat. I would recommend joining JOD, it really got my workout mojo back big time. I've worked out more during quarantine than in the past few years, just got stale on all my hundreds of DVD's. The only problem is I struggle with doing my other workouts at all, Jazzercise is so much fun & I feel so good & worked out afterwards. I feel like a sponsor with all my raving LOL
LOL - I'll join you as a "sponsor!" I can't get over how fabulous the Jazzercise on Demand app is! I did Core Booty Burn this morning and also love the Interval Fusion and the Flip Fusion workouts! Love the Strike workouts and the general Dance Mixes as well. There really isn't anything I don't like about it!
How awesome that you met Shanna. I am a bit obsessed with her workouts in particular!
Old 08-28-20, 01:08 PM  
spearrmint

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post

Tell me more.
I think the fun factor and the music is enough to keep you moving regardless if you miss a step or two. I thought I'd be able to jump right in since I used to teach but it doesn't matter. I eventually pick it up & since you do the same routine different times in different workouts you tend to start remembering the steps. Who cares if you "mess up" here & there, just keep movin' & dancin' & gettin' your sweat on. It's also such a feeling of being connected to a group of empowered women (there are men too don't get me wrong). But they encourage you to go at your own pace, it's your workout, just move, be healthy & have fun.
Old 08-28-20, 01:14 PM  
spearrmint

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticus View Post
LOL - I'll join you as a "sponsor!" I can't get over how fabulous the Jazzercise on Demand app is! I did Core Booty Burn this morning and also love the Interval Fusion and the Flip Fusion workouts! Love the Strike workouts and the general Dance Mixes as well. There really isn't anything I don't like about it!
How awesome that you met Shanna. I am a bit obsessed with her workouts in particular!
I tend to only do her workouts, she's so precise with movements and much easier to follow for me. I like her demeanor, humor, a little talk about her family sometimes, you feel like you know her. She doesn't make mistakes either.

Back in '92 when I was living & teaching in Atlanta, Shanna and other members of the taping team came to conduct a workshop. That's how I met her, they were talking about the business, teaching tips, etc. It was really cool. I took a class under Judi in Atlanta also & have a picture of us. Now that's cool! When I lived back home in Pensacola a group of instructors & students went to JazzerJam in Orlando in '93 and we took a huge class taught by Shanna. I have pictures of the instructors up on stage and the big crowd. That was a very fun event. Got pictures with Dr. Ruth & Mary Lou Retton who were speakers.
Old 08-28-20, 03:54 PM  
atticus
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearrmint View Post
. . . Back in '92 when I was living & teaching in Atlanta, Shanna and other members of the taping team came to conduct a workshop. That's how I met her, they were talking about the business, teaching tips, etc. It was really cool. I took a class under Judi in Atlanta also & have a picture of us. Now that's cool! When I lived back home in Pensacola a group of instructors & students went to JazzerJam in Orlando in '93 and we took a huge class taught by Shanna. I have pictures of the instructors up on stage and the big crowd. That was a very fun event. Got pictures with Dr. Ruth & Mary Lou Retton who were speakers.
I cannot begin to imagine how exciting that must have been! Apparently Judi still teaches classes! As Shanna says, sweat is the fountain of youth!
Old 08-28-20, 04:19 PM  
spearrmint

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticus View Post
I cannot begin to imagine how exciting that must have been! Apparently Judi still teaches classes! As Shanna says, sweat is the fountain of youth!
And Adrienne says to "get your sweaxy on" LOL

Tags
jazzercise, jazzercise on demand