Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-20, 05:03 PM  
Carol K

The beaches aren't open in Chicago, just as well. It's bad enough at the bars.
Old 07-18-20, 05:08 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
The beaches aren't open in Chicago, just as well. It's bad enough at the bars.
The bars are closed here.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
Old 07-19-20, 12:12 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

DH and I had to do some errands yesterday. We mostly hide in the house, so this was stressful. Masks and social distancing are a joke around here. Despite surging cases and deaths.

At two different locations, the employees had a masks hanging down around their necks. Upon seeing us both masked, they put their masks on. I found it comforting that, although they didn't want to wear a mask, they put theirs on out of respect and common decency. I was actually surprised.

In general, I can't even imagine the experience of living in an area where folks give a damn about each other. OMG, what is that like???

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 07-19-20, 03:44 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Related to a comment above, this is why physical-distancing is so important. You still need to stay 6ft away even with wearing a mask:

"Wearing a cloth mask does not protect you much if you’re in close contact with someone who is COVID-19 contagious. It may give you 20 minutes, instead of 10, to avoid contracting the disease."

Source: COVID-19: Straight Answers from Top Epidemiologist Who Predicted the Pandemic
https://www.bluezones.com/2020/06/co...-the-pandemic/
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
Old 07-19-20, 06:51 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
The CDC has issued warnings about Legionnaires disease as it relates to the coronavirus, but the real risk is from stagnant water systems that occur when businesses have been closed for prolonged amounts of time, not from mask usage. I cannot fathom that a mask--if cleaned properly and disposed of after wearing if it's a paper mask--would cause this, unless it is a cloth mask that had been washed in infected water.

https://news.lvhn.org/legionella-and...n-health-risk/
Do you really think that people are really cleaning their masks...I work in a dental office and I have seen some of the masks that people are wearing cloth or disposable they are filthy...
Old 07-19-20, 07:00 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Can you cite a source for this information? I'd like to read about it. I had also "heard" that N95 masks can have a negative effect, but haven't followed up on the claim to see if it's legitimate.
I heard someone talking on the radio about it...I am thinking I heard it on Rush but to be honest I really can't remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Wouldn't health care workers be dying of legionnaires disease too? I'd imagine they are wearing masks more than other people. Maybe it was the kind of mask she was wearing, or maybe she wasn't washing it properly (if it was a cloth mask)? Or wouldn't this have been a more widespread problem among health care workers before COVID, as they have always worn masks? I don't know anything about legionnaires disease but that's what came to mind first. I could be on the wrong track.
No because health care workers are constantly changing them between patients
Old 07-19-20, 07:18 PM  
Carol K

Rush as in Rush Limbaugh?
Old 07-19-20, 08:18 PM  
Izzy

I think most people are trying to distance. At least in the stores I was in this weekend. But there is only so much room and so many people and you find yourself navigating a store like an Indy driver, weaving to avoid colliding. Some places, there is only so much space. I found myself saying “sorry” a lot. I dodged on lady only to collide into another.
Old 07-19-20, 08:34 PM  
ADoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
No because health care workers are constantly changing them between patients
I work in the hospital (NICU to be exact) and we wear the same mask the whole 12 hours along with a face shield. The only time we change to the N95 mask is when we know the patient is positive with Covid.
I hate to see it when people are not wearing masks, wearing them wrong, or not social distancing. If they only can go to a Covid unit and see how sick Covid patients are especially so many on ventilators, how many are dying, and how we’re getting so many patients that we have to keep opening more units and beds for Covid patients.
Old 07-19-20, 09:55 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
In general, I can't even imagine the experience of living in an area where folks give a damn about each other. OMG, what is that like???
People in my suburban area seem to be very mask compliant and pretty good at social distancing in stores. A couple times a cashier has had to tell a customer behind me in line to back up, but it seemed to be because the person was either clueless or they were just naturally used to continually moving forward in line like in the pre-pandemic days so they were sort of operating on autopilot.

I feel like I must be living in some kind of happy little bubble because I'm fortunate to not have experienced the kind of things people have shared in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
Do you really think that people are really cleaning their masks...I work in a dental office and I have seen some of the masks that people are wearing cloth or disposable they are filthy...
That's really disheartening. I leave the house maybe once or twice a week to get groceries or pickup food curbside and I do reuse the same cloth mask when I venture out, but I wash it once a week. I used to wash it after each time I wore it but I've been slacking off recently--hence the once a week washing. I also have more than one mask so it's easy enough to rotate, though I have a favorite mask from etsy for the summer (breathes better).
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, face masks, masks, pandemic, what a drag it is