Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-09-20, 10:13 AM  
alisoncooks

Wanna chat about Pahla B. workouts? (YouTube)

Hi all. I "discovered" Pahla B's YouTube channel about a month ago. Golly, I LOVE her! I remember checking out her page a long time ago (maybe she was mentioned here) and did not click at all. Too chatty!

But now, I enjoy her chattiness. I don't like all her workouts -- I will not do any of her walk/run videos. (Boring!) And I prefer her newer videos to her older ones. But she has definitely filled a need for me: her low-impact videos or the unweighted strength/balance videos are fabulous. I hate cardio, in general, but those are just what I want to do right now. 20-30 minutes, and then I add-on a toning segment and stretch.

Anyone else quite like PB? I also enjoy that her cats make appearances, sometimes.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-20, 10:28 AM  
cyana

I must confess, I was hesitant to try her work-outs when she was first mentioned here on VF due to the chatty factor. I'm glad I was able to get past that as she comes across as a genuinely nice person and some of her work-outs are deceptively tough - especially if you heavy up on the weights. And it's fun to see how she and other instructors evolve over the years. I agree that she continues to improve and she's very generous with the number of work-outs on YT.

I'm always good with feline guest appearances in fitness videos - bonus points for the instructor.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-20, 10:39 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

I think it was in January she started a challenge for women over 50. I did that -- didn't make it through quite the entire challenge -- I was itching for something new. I enjoyed it and found her motivating, and I have even put some of the walk/run podcasts on my phone and found her motivating while I've been outside. I really appreciate all the work she does and shares for free!!
Old 05-09-20, 11:19 AM  
cyana

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I think it was in January she started a challenge for women over 50. I did that -- didn't make it through quite the entire challenge -- I was itching for something new. I enjoyed it and found her motivating, and I have even put some of the walk/run podcasts on my phone and found her motivating while I've been outside. I really appreciate all the work she does and shares for free!!
I've done some of the work-outs from the challenge (confession: I am a certified rotation failure ) and thought Pahla did a really nice job. And there was at least one feline guest appearance.

Old 05-09-20, 11:44 AM  
karenl

I love Pahla B! Like some of you when she was first mentioned on here I thought she was too chatty, just wasn’t too sure about her. But I revisited her and now I’m hooked! Her workouts now are geared for the over 50 crowd and they have been perfect for me. I’m doing her 31 day weight loss challenge for the second time. I followed her guild lines for losing weight over 50 and I’ve lost 11 pounds and have felt better than I have in a long time. This is the first program that has worked for me in a while. I also joined her private Facebook group, The Killer B Hive, and it is very active and supportive. She is also active on it.

As a cat person, I also love her cats. There was one video where they are playing and chasing each other around. It was so cute!
karenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-20, 01:17 PM  
cyana

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenl View Post
I love Pahla B! Like some of you when she was first mentioned on here I thought she was too chatty, just wasn’t too sure about her. But I revisited her and now I’m hooked! Her workouts now are geared for the over 50 crowd and they have been perfect for me. I’m doing her 31 day weight loss challenge for the second time. I followed her guild lines for losing weight over 50 and I’ve lost 11 pounds and have felt better than I have in a long time. This is the first program that has worked for me in a while. I also joined her private Facebook group, The Killer B Hive, and it is very active and supportive. She is also active on it.

As a cat person, I also love her cats. There was one video where they are playing and chasing each other around. It was so cute!

Karen - That's great to hear that you've had such good results from her over 50 program.

Old 05-09-20, 01:25 PM  
prettyinpink

I don’t do her videos often but I do like her. When I need something different or lack motivation to do what I had planned for myself, she tends to be my go-to when I look on YouTube.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-20, 01:51 PM  
AnMrsDe

Pahla B really makes the time pass quickly on the treadmill! For something different other than listening to my music, I'll listen to her while doing my own thing on the TM. She can be too much at times so it's not often, but overall, I enjoyed listening to her and before I knew it, 30 min. went by.
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-20, 02:33 PM  
donnamp

I really enjoy her, too. I don't love the walking/jogging videos - but I have done them on my treadmill and recumbent bike.

Her chattiness doesn't bother me - it helps pass the time during the workout and what she has to say isn't frivolous - if you know what I mean - it is useful information.

I like how efficient she is - she gets a lot done in a short amount of time.

And, she is super generous with all her free workouts and each week she posts a new "mini challenge" for the week.

definitely a winner for me!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-20, 02:35 PM  
donnamp

Oh - for someone similar to Pahla B - I'd say Lucy Wyndham Read - the similarities are that her workouts are efficient, short, minimal equipment. Lucy does chat a bit, too. And, I have seen cats walk by! LOL!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pahla bowers, youtube instructors