Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-14, 04:36 PM  
Jewels5

I love Change Your Body for the reasons mentioned above. I have only done the Accelerated Workout once and didn't notice much difference, but probably because I hadn't done CYB in awhile. I think I originally bought them on their website when there was a special for the two together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlinpyle View Post
why are bar Method DVDs soooo expensive on Amazon??

are there any Bar Method DVDs that are not good? I don't have any yet. I'm also relatively new and trying out all the different styles.
I would like to know this too! I noticed the Pure Barre workouts were very expensive on Amazon too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollytc View Post
Is Gilt a website?
Yes. I think you have to subscribe and they will send you emails. I bought Physique 57 Volume 2 from them when they were offering them for $39 + shipping. I don't think they sell fitness DVDs often, but it doesn't hurt to check. ETA: Their website is gilt.com

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-14, 05:03 PM  
caitlinpyle

Starbelly, I just discovered Gilt thanks to you!! The entire 6 dvd set was on there for $85, plus I got a 10% off new customer coupon and 2% cash back from eBates ... I don't need 'em, but I want 'em!! LOL ... So my total was 13.46 per workout. A steal for sure. There is a Bar Method studio not far from my house but the workouts are $25 a pop or $120 for a month membership!!! Not gonna happen. Plus I love working out at home

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbelly View Post
I love Burr and Change Your Body is a good one. It's not fast paced, but her pointers are excellent. Many people dislike the long set up time, but I like to use it when I need a slower and more focused workout. It really pairs well with the Accelerated workout. The other more recent videos-- Super Sculpting I and II and Dancer's Body-- are more advanced, but I prefer CYB and AW. Reps are uneven in the later releases but Burr is very focused and natural in CYB and AW.

Bar Method DVDs were on Gilt yesterday and come on there fairly regularly. The best place to buy them otherwise is through the Bar Method website.
caitlinpyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-14, 05:13 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlinpyle View Post
Starbelly, I just discovered Gilt thanks to you!! The entire 6 dvd set was on there for $85, plus I got a 10% off new customer coupon and 2% cash back from eBates ... I don't need 'em, but I want 'em!! LOL ... So my total was 13.46 per workout. A steal for sure. There is a Bar Method studio not far from my house but the workouts are $25 a pop or $120 for a month membership!!! Not gonna happen. Plus I love working out at home
Oooh, that is a good deal!

If anyone's interested, I tried the Bar Method online subscription for a week. There are a number of membership options, more expensive than Suzanne Bowen and Barre3, but not as bad as some others. Anyway, all the more recent DVDs are on there, as well as several new, online only workouts.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-14, 02:03 AM  
starbelly

Gilt is a website that has groupon- type offers. I don't know how I ended up on their mailing list, but they send out offers pretty regularly for clothing, workout videos and sometimes live classes.

Once you get past the introduction, the Accelerated workout is ~53 minutes.

If you want to get a taste of all of the Bar Method DVDs you can try a month of streaming. All of the videos that you are interested are on there (Accelerated, Super Sculpting 1 and 2 plus Dancer's Body) in addition to some videos made just for the site. You can find it here
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-14, 05:57 AM  
violingal3

Tempting! Gilt has the 6-DVD set on sale for $85 and includes:

Beginner's Workout DVD
Accelerated Workout DVD
Change Your Body DVD
Dancer's Body Advanced DVD
Super Sculpting DVD
Super Sculpting II DVD
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-14, 06:17 AM  
caitlinpyle

I'm so intrigued by the streaming workouts!! I wish there was a way to have all the barre style streamed at one low cost: $0. LOL. I bought the Gilt set -- here I was thinking all the DVDs were $40 since they're so expensive on amazon but I ended up with each for $13.49! Not bad and I'm sure I can resell on Amazon if needed for way less than the price listed haha :-)

Barre, Indoor Walking, and Rebounding Lover

Favorites: Suzanne Bowen, Jessica Smith, Ellen Barrett
Old 04-17-14, 08:27 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Thanks for the Gilt info! I was able to pick up just the Super Sculpting set - the only Bar Methods I'm missing - for a reasonable price. I'm happy!

I don't do streaming (well, I haven't so far ) but I really like the look of their online workouts. Very bright, clean and uncluttered; small classes and it looks like they have excellent pointers and hands-on assist where needed.

ETA - I've tried a lot of barre instructors/methods (on DVD only) and Bar Method is still my favorite. I guess slower and methodical suits me.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-14, 09:23 AM  
mle777

Gina, I also prefer the slower, calmer pace of TBM, which I think is why I also like Barre3 so much.

I haven't done them in awhile, but if I remember correctly, CYB and Accelerated can be broken up into 25/30 minute workouts pretty easily if you only have time to do half of them. I rarely have time to do a 50 minutes+ workout.

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-14, 09:25 AM  
caitlinpyle

I like slower and calmer, too, so its more of a mind/body experience and not a frenzied experience. can't wait to try them!!!!

Barre, Indoor Walking, and Rebounding Lover

Favorites: Suzanne Bowen, Jessica Smith, Ellen Barrett
Old 04-17-14, 10:26 AM  
pollytc

My poor cc! Do I dare make just one last transaction?!