Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-14, 08:34 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I would say consistency, variety, and less intensity.

I've lost 14 pounds and about 2 1/2 dress sizes in the past year. I was doing Jillian Michaels, but switched to Jessica Smith and her you tube schedule (along with the D word). I'm 54, and had a child at 41, so I'm thrilled to be at the size I was in my 20's and 30's.

Same here, except I'm doing Jessica Smith and walking. Although, I know you do a lot of walking too. I really noticed a difference in my legs when I started walking the dogs three times a week, along with doing Jessica's schedule. My abs are really toned too.
Yes, I do walk a lot. It did the same for my abs. Interesting, isn't it?

Congrats on the w/l!
Old 04-16-14, 10:48 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
Yes, I do walk a lot. It did the same for my abs. Interesting, isn't it?

Congrats on the w/l!
Thanks!
Old 04-17-14, 05:38 AM  
intelsana

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabliss View Post
I recently posted a results thread but did not give background, only what I was doing. Brazil Butt Lift was the big catalyst for me. I've been working out regularly (5-6 days/week) for several years, with the last nine years being home (video and some paper) workouts exclusively. I've done rotations of Slim Series (the Slim rotation), most of a Supreme 90-Day rotation, and the Red Carpet Ready program. I have done barre extensively (the Bar Method, Callenetics, Lotte Berk), Squeeze, and numerous other types of programs; lots of weights and cardio, some Pilates, etc. Nothing I did seemed to have any effect on my thighs.

For reference, I am in the "last 5 pounds" category. If I lose that, my BMI will be 20, just to give you an idea. I lost 7 lbs in 60 days without working super hard on it. I also lost 1.5 inches off each thigh, 2 inches off my hips, and an inch off my waist. I didn't even follow the BBL rotation because I didn't have that kind of time, but I developed my own rotation based on what I thought was effective for me from the program. I did change my eating too, but not incredibly stringent on that either.
How were your results with the red carpet ready program?
intelsana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-14, 04:46 PM  
seabliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by intelsana View Post
How were your results with the red carpet ready program?
I didn't lose any weight, but I did get stronger. My toning only really showed in the upper body though. I didn't see a difference in measurements. I like Valerie Waters and her philosophy, and I may try one of her tougher plans at some point.

I do attribute the recent inch loss to pounds lost too, which I attribute a lot to d**t. I've done food measuring with calorie counting many times before along with other eating plans, but this "made up" plan combined with BBL was the ticket for me. I still want to lose 4-5 lbs more, so I'm working on that.
Old 04-17-14, 11:54 PM  
bex

First, let me say I am incredibly jealous of those of you for whom walking really toned your abs. My current lifestyle is such that I walk a lot, but for me it's transportation, not exercise. I think it has some slight effect on my overall energy levels but absolutely no cosmetic effect.

My biggest 'results' have come from my recent infatuation with kettlebells. My first lesson was 5 months ago, but because I travel a lot, I've been pretty sporadic. If there's a hotel gym, my 'go to' options are usually Cardio Coach on the elliptical machine or possibly a cardio/circuit DVD (Slim Series, Powerstrike) in my room.

But during a trip last month, the gym I had access to had really odd cardio machines, but a complete set of kettlebells. So I did 7 KB workouts in 2 weeks. And I totally fell in love.

When I left for the airport, I could feel the difference in handling my heavy suitcase. My grip was stronger and my lats more engaged when I was wheeling it, and it was a lot easier to hoist up and down when I needed to.

And - after another week - my abs are starting to flatten out. I'm 47, and I haven't had a flat stomach since puberty. I'd long ago resolved myself to my belly curve just being part of my general curvy body shape. But now I can see the difference, and feel it in my jeans.

More importantly for me, I feel stronger and more 'solid' on my feet, and my posture is better. And I just like being strong.

I've been an on-and-off exerciser for over 20 years, with my most recent 'on' over the past 3 years. I'm in the high intermediate/low advanced bracket, and I enjoy step, cardio, circuits, conventional weight lifting (mostly low weight/high rep), swimming, and pilates.

All of them make me feel good but nothing gave me dramatic changes in both how I look and feel the way kettlebells are doing.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-14, 12:03 PM  
Kathleen Ann

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post
First, let me say I am incredibly jealous of those of you for whom walking really toned your abs. My current lifestyle is such that I walk a lot, but for me it's transportation, not exercise. I think it has some slight effect on my overall energy levels but absolutely no cosmetic effect.

My biggest 'results' have come from my recent infatuation with kettlebells. My first lesson was 5 months ago, but because I travel a lot, I've been pretty sporadic. If there's a hotel gym, my 'go to' options are usually Cardio Coach on the elliptical machine or possibly a cardio/circuit DVD (Slim Series, Powerstrike) in my room.

But during a trip last month, the gym I had access to had really odd cardio machines, but a complete set of kettlebells. So I did 7 KB workouts in 2 weeks. And I totally fell in love.

When I left for the airport, I could feel the difference in handling my heavy suitcase. My grip was stronger and my lats more engaged when I was wheeling it, and it was a lot easier to hoist up and down when I needed to.

And - after another week - my abs are starting to flatten out. I'm 47, and I haven't had a flat stomach since puberty. I'd long ago resolved myself to my belly curve just being part of my general curvy body shape. But now I can see the difference, and feel it in my jeans.

More importantly for me, I feel stronger and more 'solid' on my feet, and my posture is better. And I just like being strong.

I've been an on-and-off exerciser for over 20 years, with my most recent 'on' over the past 3 years. I'm in the high intermediate/low advanced bracket, and I enjoy step, cardio, circuits, conventional weight lifting (mostly low weight/high rep), swimming, and pilates.

All of them make me feel good but nothing gave me dramatic changes in both how I look and feel the way kettlebells are doing.
What were your workouts?
Old 04-18-14, 10:14 PM  
bex

Kathy

At the time of my trip, I was just using MBody 45 Essentials. I rotated between the 3 'regular' workouts, along with doing the two 15 min beginner workouts back to back. Adding in my own warmup and stretch made it all fit within an hour.

Now I'm using AOS Kettlebell Way and just starting Fitness is Function Kettlebells rotation. Still getting great results and loving all of the workouts.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
programs, results, weight loss