Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-14, 12:29 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post

Sort of off topic -- these clips might interest you. It seems this woman does Tracie Long's Longevity workouts, along with Pink Firms and a couple Jari Loves. She watches her diet re cholesterol, so it's clear that this is all working well for her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm_pd6YePwU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS-U2Vs-51M
Thanks. I'll give BBBB a miss if it isn't as challenging. And I remember this woman because I was amazed that she only has a handful of DVDs.

Can I get away with using a 5 lb dumbbell or do I need a soft fitness ball for her workouts?
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-14, 12:30 PM  
Judy W.

Just interrupting to share my little giggle. When I looked at the active threads, I saw "Tell me about Tracie Long" and just below it I saw "She's considered obese". Just kind of struck me as funny! (Tracie certainly is anything but!)

Btw, my favorite Tracies are Tortoise, Hare, Maximum Body Shaping, and Firm Basics Sculpting With Weights. I also enjoy BBBB, Defined Lines and Leaning Out.

Judy
Judy W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-14, 12:34 PM  
YogaGal

My favorite Tracie workouts are Defined Lines, Staying Power, Reboot 1, and Leaning Out. I find these are good mid- to high- intermediate workouts. Reboot 2 is definitely a bit into high-intermediate to advanced.

Tracie has a nice teaching style--great pointers, friendly and encouraging without being overly "perky." She works hard and you will see her sweat!
Old 04-16-14, 12:51 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
Thanks. I'll give BBBB a miss if it isn't as challenging. And I remember this woman because I was amazed that she only has a handful of DVDs.

Can I get away with using a 5 lb dumbbell or do I need a soft fitness ball for her workouts?
If you get the Reboots -- Reboot 2 is my favorite -- you can certainly get away with a 5 lb. dumbbell. If that doesn't feel intense enough, try a 10. I kept moving up until I hit the right weight.

I felt I had to invest in Valeo balls when I did the Longevities, but it's been two years since I did a committed rotation, so I'm no longer sure if that's because I truly needed them or if it's just because I'm a vidiot. (I tried Danskin weighted balls before the Valeos, but those weren't as appropriately sized for the Longevities as the Valeos.)

ETA: I also love a lot of Tracie's old Firm workouts (Tough Tape ) and old FitPrime workouts (Weights First has shoddy production values, but the music is great and the workout is killer if you go heavy).
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-14, 07:47 PM  
loulou

I love everything Tracie does. All of the Firms, the old Fitprimes, Strong Bear and Fast Cheetah. When she came out on her own with TLP Revolutions, especially Core Foundations. Then Functional Foundations, AKA the Yorktown DVDs. Then it was the four TLT workouts, including BBBB, she also stars in Endurance For Movement. Susan Harris leads Finding Your Core and Jen Carmen leads Strength In Movement on the other two. I use Susan's when I want a good stability ball workout.

With the Focus and Longevity workouts, some get much more use than others. The 30 minute Focus workouts I prefer are Lift Higher, Kickback and Reach Further, (mostly stretch).
The Longevity favorites are definitely Defined Lines, Back Up and Defining Shape. I have Reboot 2 and Figure 30 Butt, but I never seem to go to these. Haven't tried the new ones yet.
loulou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-14, 10:32 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy W. View Post
Btw, my favorite Tracies are Tortoise, Hare, Maximum Body Shaping, and Firm Basics Sculpting With Weights. I also enjoy BBBB, Defined Lines and Leaning Out.
I just discovered the Tortoise (believe it or not :O) and I really like it! I never gave it a chance for some reason because I figured it would be just like Tough Tape which had too much dread factor for me. Not the case, one of the best Firms I have ever tried! I haven't tried Hare yet but I will like equally as much I am sure.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-14, 03:46 PM  
Jane1721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
I just discovered the Tortoise (believe it or not :O) and I really like it! I never gave it a chance for some reason because I figured it would be just like Tough Tape which had too much dread factor for me. Not the case, one of the best Firms I have ever tried! I haven't tried Hare yet but I will like equally as much I am sure.
I got Tortoise on VHS shortly after it was released, and it's STILL one of my favorite workouts ever! Hare is good too, but I don't like it nearly as much as Tortoise.

As far as the Tracie Long Fitness workouts go...I had all of them at one time and got rid of most of them because after I did them a few times, I really didn't care for them. Leaning Out is a keeper though, it's my favorite Longevity! The other workouts I kept were Defined Lines, the 30 minute med ball one (I forget the name!!), Weightless, and Reboot 1.
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-14, 12:39 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane1721 View Post
As far as the Tracie Long Fitness workouts go...I had all of them at one time and got rid of most of them because after I did them a few times, I really didn't care for them. Leaning Out is a keeper though, it's my favorite Longevity! The other workouts I kept were Defined Lines, the 30 minute med ball one (I forget the name!!), Weightless, and Reboot 1.
Break Through!

I also love Lift Higher, Kickback and Weightless of her Focus series.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-14, 07:05 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane1721 View Post
I got Tortoise on VHS shortly after it was released, and it's STILL one of my favorite workouts ever! Hare is good too, but I don't like it nearly as much as Tortoise.

Jane - Trying Tortoise reminds me of when I first tried the Firm Strength/Cardio series, for some reason I always steered clear of them and it turned out they are among my favorite Firms of all time. People rave about the classics which are no doubt good, but for me the Crosstrainers blow them out of the water.

I like Tracie, I think she is a really talented instructor but I must admit I have been hit and miss with her. I tried some of the Longevity workouts and liked them initially but ultimately parted with them. They are good though, Leaning Out, Defined Lines I would recommend the most. Staying Power was just okay for me, Defining Shape I liked parts of and other parts I didn't. I think I bought these during my functional fitness experiment which eventually petered out for me.

Others have mentioned Firm Maximum Body Shaping, which is also very good.

Right now is a great time to try her stuff, as a lot of it is on sale over at Total Fitness DVDs.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
defined lines, longevity, reboot, staying power, step forward, tracie long