Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-14, 02:30 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
I have done Sculpt A, Sweat A, and Ab Ripper A. The only one I thought was easy-ish was Ab Ripper. I only used the band for the tricep move. I used dumbbells for the two back exercises. (Sculpt)

I previewed Sculpt C and there is a gal named Anna that Tony referred to as Pop Sugar. That sounds familiar to me. Anyone know who that might be?

I also previewed Speed Sculpt and it's another one that will use the band for several moves.

ETA: never mind, I found her. http://www.popsugar.com/author/anna-renderer
I think the moves might be "basic" in nature, in that they're not complex or impactful, but honestly, if you lift heavy enough, or get a tight band with a lot of resistance I think you'll be surprised at how effective they will be.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-14, 02:49 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I've done all of the "A" workouts, as well as Ab Ripper. I'm actually thinking of incorporating the "B" workouts into the first month, just for more variety. I don't think I'd be able to do the rotation as planned. I was already getting tired of Tony's comments in "A", so I needed something else. It's just with repeated use, it's going to drive me crazy.

I'm only using 5 lbs. for most of the shoulder exercises, since I have an older shoulder injury. I can't use the tubing, since I have no door in my workout room, so I sub one arm rows (using 8 lbs.) and deadlifts (using 10 lbs.) There's another exercise with bands where you're pulling down with hands face up, where I mimic the same motion using dumbbells.

I am a bit frustrated that there isn't a modifier using all dumbbells for each of the exercises. I guess the people that can't use tubing (and attach to something) are in the minority.

Not to knock Tony, as he is very positive and encouraging in these. Maybe I'm easily irritated, LOL! He does confuse some of the "kids" because of all his jabbering. And, then he comes over to correct them.

There's a slow motion back lunge where he uses sort of running man arms. I really like this move! I also like the twisting from side to side with dumbbell when alternating lunges.

I haven't previewed "B" and "C" workouts so can't comment on those.

Pam

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-14, 02:56 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
I think the moves might be "basic" in nature, in that they're not complex or impactful, but honestly, if you lift heavy enough, or get a tight band with a lot of resistance I think you'll be surprised at how effective they will be.
Yes, I found this to be so. That's why I said the only one that seemed easier to me was the ab one.
Old 10-07-14, 03:01 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
Yes, I found this to be so. That's why I said the only one that seemed easier to me was the ab one.
I'm not questioning your comments at all - I didn't mean to quote you. There have been other comments that mentioned this was "easy."

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-14, 03:45 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
I'm not questioning your comments at all - I didn't mean to quote you. There have been other comments that mentioned this was "easy."
Yes, I've been surprised by how easy people find them. I felt worked out. But then I'm not as fit as many.

Since you quoted me, I assumed you thought I believed them to be easy. Sorry about that.
Old 10-07-14, 08:03 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
You're right, truly. My impression of it being "a bit on the easy side" was obviously based on the weights I chose. Ironically, I'm not sure I could do all the reps at Tony's pace if I went up from 7's to 10's, but it would be a good workout even if that meant I did fewer reps.

I actually *liked* the pace and the way the moves felt with 7's, so I think I'd like to try Sculpt B to see if it's similar but with more exercises and shorter rests. But I do think Sculpt A can be a challenging workout for most people.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-14, 11:37 AM  
kpearl1227

Is there any yoga in the new P90?
kpearl1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-14, 11:44 AM  
laurajhawk

There is no yoga, which surprised me! I wonder if maybe that's why the included bonus is P90X3 Dynamix, which I gather is mainly a stretch (haven't done it yet).

I'm not sure if everyone gets Dynamix, or if you only get it by ordering through a coach.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-14, 11:46 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I was also surprised there was no yoga. I know he was trying to make it fit the format of the original, but I thought he'd include some type of yoga or stretch.

I thought Saturday Special was going to be yoga, or at least recovery, based on the cover photo. I'm not quite sure what it's supposed to be. It looks like mostly core based moves.

Has anyone looked at Horton's Greatest Hits yet? Mine freezes at the 19:52 mark. I still need to test it in another player.
Old 10-10-14, 12:08 PM  
horusosiris

If any of you have the P90 Speed workouts and Tony's Greatest Hits could you review them for me? I am strongly considering purchasing the additional speed workouts but would love to get some feedback on and reviews of them first.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new p90, p90, tony horton