Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-16, 08:54 PM  
Castella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie View Post
The moves are very controlled and allow plenty of time to switch weights. It's one of the many things that I love about the program. I've purchased many Cathe sets and sold all of them.
Uh oh! In between this and AlisonH, I think I'm in trouble! I struggle with rotations, but I like variety and this looks gooood.

Thanks for enabling!
Castella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-16, 09:44 PM  
jusca

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaR View Post
I'm still interested in these & have been reading reviews. I'm counting on my fellow Vfers to give me the needed push. I have a couple of questions. Do the workout times include the warm up & cool down or are those extra? Also, what the consensus of getting the deluxe kit? Are the additional 4 advanced workouts worth the added cost?
The workout times include the warmup and cooldown. All the warmsup are the same no matter the workout. They last roughly 3-4 mins. Cooldowns average 2-3 mins.

I didn't get the deluxe kit so I can't comment on it. However I saw that 2 of the deluxe workouts are only 15 minutes each. I didn't find that a good value compared to the amount of workout time of the regular kit.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-16, 11:31 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I got the deluxe DVD and love it, but it is priced ridiculously high. I found it on ebay, still expensive, but less than beachbody's price. These workouts use a medicine ball, along with the rest of the gear.
Hammer Build Up 31 min
Power Chisel 29 min
15 minute Leg Hammer (actually 17:55)
15 minute Glute Chisel (actually 17:22)

Someone posted upthread that all the warmups are the same - not quite. There are 2 different warmups. Chisel/Autumn's and Hammer/Sagi's.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-16, 10:09 AM  
AlisonH
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castella View Post
Uh oh! In between this and AlisonH, I think I'm in trouble! I struggle with rotations, but I like variety and this looks gooood.

Thanks for enabling!
Glad to be of service! I do want to say that while I do love these, I also feel there are a few unsafe moves on the weight bench. I use my mini step instead with 3 or 4 risers under it. I also always add a long stretch at the end because theirs isn't anywhere near enough. I'm now almost done with week 3, and I'm still loving it.
AlisonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-16, 08:39 PM  
MelissaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusca View Post
The workout times include the warmup and cooldown. All the warmsup are the same no matter the workout. They last roughly 3-4 mins. Cooldowns average 2-3 mins.

I didn't get the deluxe kit so I can't comment on it. However I saw that 2 of the deluxe workouts are only 15 minutes each. I didn't find that a good value compared to the amount of workout time of the regular kit.
Thanks! Good information. I have a few of KCM 30 minutes to fitness workouts & I noticed the "30 minutes" doesn't include the warm up or cool down. I plan to order this week -- can't wait to do them!
MelissaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-16, 06:23 PM  
Sunshine

I Previewed them on Utube, they seem a lot like Cathe's STS..and the P90. And P90x videos I have..

I don't do STS every day, I alternate them with other videos.

I guess I'm not into spending so much right now.

I have so many videos already.

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-16, 03:05 PM  
lorajc

I have this but haven't done it until today, as I have been healing from fractured ribs.....but I tried it today for the first time.

Gosh I don't remember anyone here mentioning how this program gets your heartrate soaring doing weight exercises!! I like that!!

I did Strength Chisel today and liked it. I only went up to 12 pounds cuz I still have to be careful. I did modified pull ups with a cheat support and not sure I should have done that with my ribs...but I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

For those that like to burn calories, my HR went up to 142 during lats and pull ups and I burned 330 in the 35"....that's decent!!

I still can't stand Autumn....why did they have to get a bikini model for the instructor when they could have gotten so many other qualified people? I hated how she quit the exercise to walk around also......as when she quit...I would think the exercise was over and get ready to quit, plus I didn't like a lot of the stuff she said during the workout....she just grates on my nerves......why didn't they get Debbie Siebers, Jillian Michaels, Chalene.....anybody....a newbee???? Gosh....a bikini model!!! Okay vent over. But I did like the material.....and on the positive side, most of the time, I was working hard enough she was easy to brush off.....but it's hard for me cuz I have laser focus on her....ha ...ha!
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-16, 03:48 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I actually don't mind Autumn in H&C. She gives pretty good form pointers and motivation. But Sagi seemed a little out of his element in a couple of the workouts though. I don't think he does much "functional" stuff very often (more straight forward weight lifting similar to Body Beast).

I also agree, do NOT use your weight bench as a high step! Use something more solid to prevent an injury like a high step or plyo box! I cringe when I think of that poor woman on the H&C Facebook Group falling and tearing some tendons/ligaments in her ankle.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-16, 04:53 PM  
pharma_gal

Are there pull-ups in this program? and if yes, can they be substituted?
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-16, 05:20 PM  
AlisonH
VF Supporter

Yes there are pull-ups and yes they always have someone doing an option with tubing and a door attachment. I do that option 95% of the time.
AlisonH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autumn, hammer and chisel, sagi