Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-15, 09:27 PM  
snapfish45

How about Gilad's quick fit system or his 45/45 split routine? His Bodies in Motion workouts are quick and easy as well. No dread factor. Paul Katami's ASAP workout would work as well. For cardio, anything Leslie.

Snap out of it!
snapfish45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-15, 09:37 PM  
bubbles76

I use the following when I am getting back in the workout game:
  • Kathy Smith's Secrets Series
  • Powerfits
  • Jessica Smith Walk On dvds
  • Jenny Ford - her workouts can be modified up or down
  • Katina Hunter Party Fit
  • Althea Lawton Thompson - Pump Fit
  • Haven't tried it yet, but I think that Firm Volume 6 would probably be good for a restarter, if you choose lighter weights. No high step work, and the pace is controlled.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-15, 08:49 AM  
windyh
VF Supporter

Firm Total Body Toner
Firm Hi Def Sculpt
windyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-15, 08:54 AM  
Breezy Trousers

I had to do slower-paced beginner-low intermediate workouts while recovering. Here's what I liked:

* Outdoor walks
* Denise Austin. I did her workouts with "music only" and discovered I really liked quite a few of them once I did that. I was recently gifted with her 360 series and it looks terrific for high beginner to intermediate exercisers.
* Paul Katami's ASAP Fitness in 15; Perfect 10: Basics; and, Sculpt.
* Kathy Smith's Project You series, Moving Into Menopause, and Super Slimdown Circuit. (I haven't tried her latest offerings.)
* Pink Firms
* Kelly Coffey Meyer's Your Best Body and Start Here
* Jessica Smith's more recent walk workouts, Total Body Balance, Yoga Stretch. Her newest series looks great, too.
* Self: Bikini Ready Fast (my favorite Ellen Barrett workout)
* Barre3 and The Bar Method workouts
* Leslie Sansone's 5 Big Miles

Barlates (youtube) might be something to look into, too. Barlates is not easy, but it's low intensity, no dread, highly effective and usually under 30 minutes in length. The same is true with Ballet Beautiful's pregnancy series.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-15, 09:22 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

If I haven't been working out for a long period of time, I ease into things by going for walks to start. Once I'm able to walk for 30-45 minutes, then I do any of these:

Tai Cheng
Jessica Smith's easier youtube walking workouts or chair workouts
10 Minute Trainer basic set (Tony Horton)
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-15, 09:27 AM  
Kitten

I learned the hard way to keep beginner workouts around . Here are my favorites:
Just about any Leslie, really. WAtP walk with me is a 20 minute instead of a 15 minute mile, if you need something super beginner.
Ellen Barrett Pick your spot pilates
Ellen Barrett fat burning pilates
Ellen Barrett burn & firm pilates
Crunch Candlelight Yoga
Yogilates Volume 1
YBB live Light & Easy
Jane Fonda's Light Aerobics & Stress Reduction
Denise Austin's Blast Away the Pounds Indoor Walk
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-15, 11:42 AM  
pharma_gal

Thank you everyone. Many options to choose from! Will keep you posted on this thread.

Breezy Trousers - I don't mind Denise Austin in small doses. The 360 workout program is it DVD's or streaming? It looks really interesting. Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-15, 08:43 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
Thank you everyone. Many options to choose from! Will keep you posted on this thread.

Breezy Trousers - I don't mind Denise Austin in small doses. The 360 workout program is it DVD's or streaming? It looks really interesting. Thanks!
The program/streaming was originally offered for over $100 or so. Anyone wanting the 360 series in DVD format had to pay that membership fee and then pay even more for the DVDs. However, the DVDs recently became available for separate purchase ($99.99). VF'er Lindsey wrote great reviews on the 360 series both here and on her blog:

http://lindseylu8.blogspot.com/searc...k%20360%20Plan

Lindsey rates a lot of these workouts as intermediate, but it appears they can be modified up or down.

Right now, Austin is offering a 50%-off sale using 2016 as the promo code. One option is to make a one-time purchase for $75 (compared to $149 regular price). The six 360 DVDs can then be purchased for an additional $49.99. So it looks like the whole shebang is now available for only $25 more than my sister paid for the $99.99 stand-alone DVD set.

Her company is responsive to inquiries. When the DVDs first became available without membership, I wanted to know if there was a "mute Denise" button, and the company responded "no" in less than 24 hours (). I really do respect her but, like you, take her in small doses. She's still "Denise" in this series but more subdued (in fact, was serious & soft spoken in two of toning workouts I previewed last night). I like that it's easy to mute her workouts and play your own music, too. Also love the classy light & airy beach/studio settings. Typical canned workout music but, still, this series is so much better than her past retail media.
Old 12-28-15, 09:04 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
I learned the hard way to keep beginner workouts around
I learned the hard way, too.
Old 12-28-15, 09:05 PM  
pharma_gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
The program/streaming was originally offered for over $100 or so. Anyone wanting the 360 series in DVD format had to pay that membership fee and then pay even more for the DVDs. However, the DVDs recently became available for separate purchase ($99.99). VF'er Lindsey wrote great reviews on the 360 series both here and on her blog:

http://lindseylu8.blogspot.com/searc...k%20360%20Plan

Lindsey rates a lot of these workouts as intermediate, but it appears they can be modified up or down.

Right now, Austin is offering a 50%-off sale using 2016 as the promo code. One option is to make a one-time purchase for $75 (compared to $149 regular price). The six 360 DVDs can then be purchased for an additional $49.99. So it looks like the whole shebang is now available for only $25 more than my sister paid for the $99.99 stand-alone DVD set.

Her company is responsive to inquiries. When the DVDs first became available without membership, I wanted to know if there was a "mute Denise" button, and the company responded "no" in less than 24 hours (). I really do respect her but, like you, take her in small doses. She's still "Denise" in this series but more subdued (in fact, was serious & soft spoken in two of toning workouts I previewed last night). I like that it's easy to mute her workouts and play your own music, too. Also love the classy light & airy beach/studio settings. Typical canned workout music but, still, this series is so much better than her past retail media.
Thank you so much! Is the discount code valid on the DVDs alone? I'm not interested in the streaming just the DVDs. Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slower step workouts