Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-24, 08:27 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I was able to get a dog walk in and then I did "Rise" from Jessica's Stretch & Relax DVD.

Today, so far:

Jessica Smith - Walk On - Tone Your Trouble Zones - Buns and Thighs Walk - this one goes back to 2013 or 2014?! I think it was one of the first walking series on DVD she did. It was fun to re-visit it

Jessica Valant - Beginner Core - this was a nice well-rounded core workout to add on to cardio today.

Summer Breeze - I hope you are feeling better I have to go to a big event for work on Thursday and I'm worried about getting sick from being around all those people. And I have vacation planned for May - so I'd better not get sick.
When is the wedding?

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-24, 08:44 AM  
Margot

Hello all!

Yesterday was:
- ETV Live Class Standing and Barre with Alexa
- MFML Keep Your Feet Happy!
- 2 1/2 hr Pelvic Balance Workshop with Catherine Annis on MFML. The practical session was around 50 minutes. I thought overall it was very informative. It was also timely, as she talked a lot about the SIJ and mine had started bothering me the last couple of days, which I believe was triggered by all the yard work.

Beth - I grew up drinking sweet tea too - with 2 sugars! Did you ever drink iced tea ? I'd never heard of it until I moved to the US. I think it's nice that you get a good feeling after Hamelin's class. When I used to go to aerobics classes over here, we always clapped at the end of the class.

Donna - I wondered too where Ellen was in Phoenix's class. I must admit I did about 15 minutes before giving up.

Thanks Pat, DH is slowing improving day by day and the swelling is starting to go down a bit. At least, we're heading in the right direction. Your blend of organic spices sound good; protecting against parasites, fungi and bacteria, with the antioxidant quality thrown in for good measure. We use a lot of cinnamon and ginger, mainly because it tastes so good.

Summer Breeze - It sounds like a fun day out shopping and nice that you have a choice of three outfits. Hope that after a good night's sleep, you are feeling better today.

Long story short, I spent about 15 years with my GP and alternative medicine practitioners trying to resolve a multi allergy problem with no real solutions. So I trained and qualified as an Allergy & Environmental therapist a few years ago and was able to manage my issues much better myself. Then, my former tutor thought I'd find the study of Epigenetics interesting and directed me to this guy and the rest is history. So, I'm now back studying, learning so much more and enjoying every minute. It's funny because in High School I was really into human biology but decided at the time that it would be more practical for me to go down another route.

Waves to Pam, Diane and Rose.
Old 04-23-24, 09:07 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

The sun is coming back out! Today will be walking and a little rebounding. I hope everyone has a great day!

Margot, ah, the fond memories of making sweet tea. When I was growing up the tea would be boiled in a kettle and then moved to a pitcher. The sugar would then be added, my mom knew just how much without measuring. It dissolved perfectly and was ready either hot, or cold by adding ice cubes. Remember it gets up into the 100s in the south lol, you want that ice. When I was a child there wasn't any central air conditioning, only box fans and the front porch that caught evening winds.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-24, 10:46 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning, Lovely Ladies! I didn’t get much done yesterday. We had a cold snap, wind, and I was just generally a mope. When I got home an episode of All Creatures and reheating homemade sweet potato/corn/carrot soup was all I could muster.

~ 8 minutes timed meditation (day 39)
~ Qi Challenge Day 22
~ SeniorShape 10 Minutes Abs & Core Workout
~ 2,840 steps

Margot, that's fascinating about your allergy and environmental therapy training. You really take the bull by the horns! But when you have a chronic condition you pretty much have to in order to get any answers.

I have to scoot today - waves to everyone, I hope you are well and having a great day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-24, 08:53 AM  
Margot

Happy Hump Day!

- Jessica Smith Cardio Yoga Fusion
- MFML Lymphatic Yoga: Move & Glow. I hadn't slept very well the night before and the added lymph massage seemed to revive me.
- Lee Holden April 17 Class

Beth - I liked hearing about your tradition of tea making when you were younger. Those childhood memories certainly stay with you. I have fond memories of helping my Mum bake cakes when I was about 5 or 6 years old. The best bit was licking out the bowl before the cake went into the oven. I can't imagine living a place so hot but probably because we are just not used to those high temperatures. We hardly ever use ice either!

Pat - The changeable weather is enough to put anyone in a mope. It looks nice and sunny outside but there's definitely a cold snap in the air.
Your soup sounds delicious and comforting (yum). How are you liking All Creatures? I saw the original series back in the 70s but haven't thought of seeing the updated version.

Donna - Good luck in avoiding any germs on Thursday.

Hope everyone is keeping well. Waves!
Old 04-24-24, 10:52 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning ladies! Yesterday:

~ 10 minutes timed meditation (day 40)
~ One mile lunch walk
~ Qi Challenge Day 23
~ Yin yoga/meditation class
~ 7,238 steps

Yay, I completed my silent meditation sadhana. I plan to continue, though I'd like to add back in some guided meditation and yoga nidra. If only I could sit on a hillside and veg out all day.

Margot, I'm loving the more recent All Creatures. I read all the books when I was young and ended up getting the whole family on board with them, and the original PBS series. The current one seems to drift a bit from the books, but it's so heart warming, family oriented and the scenery is spectacular. A great escape from the news. I'm glad the lymphatic massage helped you.

Good morning Beth, Donna, Summer Breeze, and Pam! I hope Rose and Diane are both well.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-24, 11:29 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

I seem to have - hopefully - turned the corner on this virus. I'm still stuffy but the fever and fatigue have passed. I may try for a walk later today.

PAT, congratulations on finishing your silent meditation sadhana.

BETH, I don't know if you follow KCM on fb but she's coming out with a new rotation idea for May, June and July where you use the same 4 workouts the whole month. It's an idea I've always been interested in so maybe I'll give it a try. I think I decided on a halter style (not really a halter but similar) sheath dress. It was the first one I tried on and it just spoke to me. I'm supposed to go to get measured tomorrow and order the dress. I took 2 covid tests Monday and Tuesday and both were negative so hopefully it was just a 48 hour virus.

MARGOT, glad to hear DH is making improvements. That's wonderful that you were able to manage your allergy issues through your own research and studies.

DONNA, good luck at your work event. Wash your hands a lot. LOL. The wedding is early August. Coming along quickly.

Waves to PAM, ROSE & DIANE.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-24, 12:20 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

I am few days behind as we went to the city on Sunday to see friends who are visiting from Winnipeg. We stayed overnight and also had a quick visit with DS1 & family.

Sunday:
~Long downtown & harbour walk on a beautiful sunny day, 16,251 steps

Monday:
~Qi Challenge Day 18
~city walk
~30 min Yoga for Tight Hips & Low Back (SarahBeth YT)

Tuesday:
~Qi Challenge Day 19
~Taught Essentrics
~Bellyfit g-school: Full Moon Medicine - Fun 40 min of cardio

I’ll try and catch up, hope everyone is having a good week!
Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-24, 04:05 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was a bit of a crazy one so I'm just checking in now!

Jessica Smith - Walk On - Latin Dance Walk - this is the one she filmed with her mom on a dock in Florida, and it looked like her mom was going to fall in the pool sometimes! I am enjoying re-visiting these older walks!

I took a walk with my dog later in the afternoon and I'm gearing up now to do some Pilates - probably Jessica Valant's practice with the band

I have a work event tomorrow so it will be another crazy day!

Pat - All Creatures sounds like something I need right now.

Summer Breeze - the dress sounds nice! And glad you are feeling better. Jessica Valant was talking about focusing on something for 3 months to see results - it does make sense.

Hope everyone has a nice Wed evening.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-24, 06:18 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

-Caroline's Circuits Full Body
-Short lunch walk on tread

Margot, I remember those days of licking the bowl as well, especially the chocolate.

Pat, I haven’t had a chance yet to check out the most recent All Creatures. I still have a fondness for the original. Siegfried played by Robert Hardy was one of my favorite characters.

Summer breeze, ooh, that is an intriguing idea to use the same workouts. Let me know if you decide to do it. I can see the value in trying it.

Hi Pam, wow on the 16,251 steps! Great workout combos.

Donna, lol, I must have missed the Latin dance walk. I bet I purchased it at one point and need to check it out!

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote