Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-30-20, 09:21 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday was house cleaning. Today was Jessica's 11 minute Best Cardio for Bad Backs. She used a step in this one, but I didn't use the step. After that I did about 30 minutes on the exercise bike while I watched some you tube videos.

Tomorrow I'm driving up north to Flagstaff to meet some friends who are visiting their daughter and her family. My friend and I are driving back on Tuesday, as her husband has to come back on Monday for work. Tomorrow we're supposed to visit Bearizona, that should be fun, especially for the kids.

Donna, Pahla's challenge sounds like a good choice.

Waves to everyone!
Old 08-30-20, 09:30 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did Cathe's LITE Body Weight and Bands (Timersaver #2---Standing Only.) I also added Gin Miller's Build Up Your Muscles (tubing workout.) Both good workouts.

Donna, Soul Sessions Dance Walk has one of my favorite Dionne Warwick songs. I previewed another of her YouTube workouts (and now I'm forgetting which one) but it begins with something from Michael Jackson to get you going.

Sherry, enjoy your trip to Flag! I haven't been there in years but always enjoyed our trips up North!

Pretty lazy day today and now I'm ready for bed....

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-20, 07:49 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Yoga w/ Kassandra - Morning Yoga Challenge Day # 1 - I have started this challenge several times over the past few months and have usually quit by Day 4. I want to make it through this time. Kassandra seems like an instructor I can get along w/ right now - she isn't overly talkative (LOL, I know this is ridiculous for me to say - when I workout regularly w/ Pahla - but I just haven't been in the mood for a lot of "yoga talk" lately - if that makes sense - and she seems to keep that to a minimum. Nothing wrong w/ yoga talk - I have enjoyed it in the past, but, for whatever reason, for the past year or so, I haven't wanted to have a whole lot of it in my yoga routines). Anyway, this is a 10-15 min daily morning practice. The other thing I'm going to do is do the yoga first, before the workout, unless it is is a very stretch practice. I think another reason I didn't find it enjoyable was that I would be tired at the end of a workout and wasn't in the mood for lunges, downward dog, etc. but doing it as a warm up may be the way to go.

Pahla B - Body Shaping Challenge Day # 1- Wow! This was harder than any Pahla workout I have done recently. Pahla is pushing herself, too, she has some big weights out for this one. I, however, did not. I used 8's for my heavies and 5's for the rest. The issue w/ some of the exercises chosen is that there is a big core focus, and I decided to err on the side of caution and go lighter with that so as to avoid straining my lower back. I did manage to do the lower body exercises w/ my 8's. What I like is that this is self paced - you do as many as you can for 1.5 minutes. It was good b/c I could focus on my form for the squats, and do a fuller range of motion and for the deadlifts I was able to focus more on my glutes and hamstrings.

I finished the morning up w/ some morning affirmations from Kassandra's 30 day challenge.

Yesterday DD and I took a walk and I also did a quick 15 minute yoga for bed time practice w/ Kassandra.

Hope everyone has a good day - back to it on a Monday.....

Sherry - have a good time in Flagstaff, it has been many years since I was there, so pretty!

Pam - you are doing some nice workout combos!

waves, wishiwasinhawaii.

Take care,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-20, 06:59 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was stepping strength. I also took a short walk.

Donna, Pahla's workouts seem interesting. Is that a subscription?

Sherry, What is Bearizona??

Waves to all!
Old 09-01-20, 07:57 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday, after work, I did Gina B's "decades" walk - '70's I did the warm-up, segments 1 & 2 and the cool down. The music is fun but the movements are repetitive. So, I think, overall, this set will be for add-ons/extra steps more than anything else.

Today was:

Yoga w/ Kassandra - Morning Yoga Challenge Day 2

Pahla B - Body Shaping Challenge Day 2- stretch. This was a short dynamic stretching routine.

Later today I would like to add on another segment from the '70's DVD and *maybe" Jessica Valent's pilates workout for the day...we shall see what time and energy I have.

I was not sore from Pahla's push-day, and I'm sure it is b/c I did not go as heavy as I could have - but it really is a balancing act. Some of the exercises, I felt would not mesh well w/ my lower back so I did not want to risk it. That is really the trouble I have w/ heavy weights to failure - a lot of times, it feels to me like a recipe for injury - particularly with some of the exercises chosen. All that said, I think I got benefit from yesterday's workout, so not a waste!

wishiwasinhawaii - Stepping Strength, particularly the DVD program is a tough one!! Pahla is on You Tube - check out Pahla B Fitness on You Tube. She also has a website:

https://pahlabfitness.com/

I describe her as bit of an acquired taste - she doesn't use music, and talks a whole lot, but she is very encouraging and seems to know her stuff - she is also "of a certain age" - in fact, I think her b'day is right around the same time as mine.

Waves, Pam & Sherry!

Waves, everyone ---

Donna
Old 09-01-20, 03:11 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Monday I took a much needed rest day.

Today I did Leslie's Walk Slim 5 Really Big Miles (4 miles.) It felt great to get some walking in at a fast pace, along with using toning stretch bands on 2nd and 4th mile!

Have a good day all!

Current Rotation:
Old 09-02-20, 07:44 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Yoga w/ Kassandra - Morning Yoga Movement Day # 3
Pahla B's Body Shaping Challenge - Day 3 - Cardio

Pahla's workout today was definitely more of my comfort zone - moderate cardio, Pahla style.

Yesterday I also walked on the TM for 25-30 min for some extra steps after work. The weather has been dreary here since Monday - rainy, humid, so no outdoor walk and I have just been feeling lazy anyway - pretty much about everything!

Pam - nice work w/ Leslie - I may use a combo of Leslie, Jessica and Gina on Pahla's Sunday Run day days on this challenge - and then I will listen to her "run day" workout while walking on the TM later in the week for extra steps.

Waves wishiwasinhawaii and Sherry!

Donna
Old 09-02-20, 12:47 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was Strictly Strength. Yesterday I found a 2 mile Leslie walk on youtube so I did that. It's too humid and gloomy out so I've just been staying in and walking inside.

Donna, Thanks for the info on Pahla. I will check that out. I've been feeling lazy too. I think it's the weather. I haven't been outside in so long I don't even remember! I have to go out soon though to grocery shop before the Labor Day rush.

Pam, I don't have any Leslie DVDs, but the 5 mile one you mentioned sounds good. I'll have to see if I can find it on Mary's sale. I'm looking for more indoor walks to do as we get into the cold weather.

Sherry, Hope you had a good time in Flagstaff!
Old 09-02-20, 03:02 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today was a bit of this and that, LOL! I did a mile with Gina B's YouTube Beatles Dance Walk. Chose with one because we just watched Aerial Britain and saw the Beatles hometown. I also did Stephanie Huckabee's WW Time Crunch resistance cord workout (Upper Body, Lower Body and Total Body.) These segments are only ten minutes each. Finished up with Gin Miller's RAMP Super Sculpt workout. This was fun and very effective for Buns and Thighs! I need to do this one regularly, but too many workouts.

wishiwasinhawaii, Leslie is great for mindless cardio. I liked the pace of these miles and in the first four miles, she's not with a big group of walkers. Set is nice and bright (not the dark bat cave.) The only mile that's sub par is the last one, with too many walkers and chit chat with everyone. She has a nice variety of steps in this one (not just the basic four) and there is a lot of boosted walking, so your HR gets up there pretty quickly. Sometimes Leslie can get a little distracted when she does band work, but she's okay here.

Current Rotation:
Old 09-03-20, 09:01 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Pahla B - Day 4 - Moderate Weights - she incorporates a lot of standing core and balance work which does make it difficult for me to go any heavier than 5 lbs. But i think that is what Pahla herself is using, LOL! Although, I do sometimes go lighter - 3s or no weight if I feel I need to.

Yoga w/ Kassandra - Morning Yoga Challenge Day 4 - neck and shoulder stretches

Last night I did Ellen's Core Cardio from her streaming site for some additional movement. It is a pretty low key workout.

wishiwasinhawaii - good workouts - it is looking brighter today - so I have hope of being more productive. And, a three day weekend is coming up. If we are still working from home in the fall, and i hope we are, I'm going to make it a point of taking a 'lunch' break that involves a walk outdoors.

Pam - nice workouts - you have been doing a lot lately!

Sherry - hope you are enjoying your time away.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna

Tags
jessica smith get strong