Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-12, 03:25 AM  
juberann

I admire your patience, Carla. I am looking at a two month wait (until release) and can barely stand it Kelly is the one instructor I simply can't wait on OR get enough of
Old 06-30-12, 07:42 AM  
Keepfitgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaShanti View Post
Hmm, shipping to the UK is $20, so including shipping that makes them £15 each. If I wait 6 months, I can usually find KCM workouts on Amazon.co.uk for about £8. So I guess yet again I'll be half a year or more behind everyone else. Never mind, though!

I look forward to these workouts, eventually.
Carla,

I just posted on another thread about how much the shipping is for both DVD's. I've only ever pre-ordered one before and shipping was $5. $20 is really steep, so I'm with you in waiting until they are either at Mary's or on Amazon UK.

Emma
Keepfitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-12, 08:02 AM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bot View Post
Does anyone know if the plateau buster can be done as an advanced level workout? Not that I need any other workouts, of course.
There is supposed to be a premix on this dvd that is harder. I think Kelly had to tone the original workout down for her classes, as they were dying, so she did the same with the dvd workout, but she put in a "harder" premix, where she does some squat thrusts. She posted about it on her forum, I think, & there are some posts about it here at VF. I'm not quite sure which threads they're in-- there are a bunch of threads about Kelly's presale/new workouts right now.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-12, 08:17 AM  
JP44

As I've posted on other threads, I'm not a full fan of Kelly's workouts BUT I do agree w/ the many VFers who say that Lauren is the best modifier in the business. It's not just that Lauren shows true low impact moves w/ great form, but she projects such positive energy, has a fantastic, genuine smile and carries herself with such grace & presence.

While the new modifier has good form she lacks presence, energy and a smile. IMO, it feels like a big black hole on the right side of the screen. She may have been nervous at the shoot, but wow, what a difference between Lauren and the newbie.

Joan
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-12, 08:29 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I don't think it's fair to judge Noelle based on minute-long clips. Sometimes she smiled, sometimes not. Too short to tell what her demeanor is. She was probably nervous on these new videotaped ventures but I think she'll do fine. I do miss Lauren, though.

What I don't get is the addition of the 4th exerciser behind Kelly. Sorry - can't remember her name? She's not Sam who's 'the right hand', and she's not 'the modifier', nor does she show an advanced version (that's what Kelly sometimes does) so not sure of the reason she's there. Maybe it's supposed to simulate a fuller class but to me it adds visual clutter, and she's sometimes obscured by Kelly anyway.

ETA - On another note and just a matter of opinion, but I'm not keen on the pink walls. It's too close in hue to the women's flesh tones.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-12, 08:30 AM  
Tugger31

I'm actually under-whelmed by the looks of these. The cardio one looks too easy and the plateau-buster doesnt look tough enough to break any plateaus. But, then again, the clips are very short so I'll have to wait for longer clips and the reviews.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-12, 09:11 AM  
Wanda
VF Supporter

I was going to skip these because the titles made me think they'd be more advanced than Kelly's usual level. But the clips look like they're pretty doable, especially Plateau Buster. Or is that wishful thinking on my part? What do you think? (And, yes, I'm in the mood for some new workouts )
Wanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-12, 09:17 AM  
wendy2

Maybe someone's already asked this--but why is it called Cardio Slim Down on the cover and the youtube title, but in the clip it's titled Cardio Quick Fix and that's what Kelly calls it in the intro, too? I'm assuming they re-named it at some point, but I wonder how they miss something so big as to actually have the cover with a different name than the title menu...

That aside, I'm becoming more and more interested in KCM the more I look at her clips...
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-12, 09:51 AM  
IrishOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
I'm actually under-whelmed by the looks of these. The cardio one looks too easy and the plateau-buster doesnt look tough enough to break any plateaus. But, then again, the clips are very short so I'll have to wait for longer clips and the reviews.
I agree, I am hoping they are tougher/more advanced than the clips showed. This is the first time ever I pre-ordered KCM and I am thinking I am going to be disappointed in the intensity level....I hope I am wrong!
IrishOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-12, 10:01 AM  
Calistro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaShanti View Post
Hmm, shipping to the UK is $20, so including shipping that makes them £15 each. If I wait 6 months, I can usually find KCM workouts on Amazon.co.uk for about £8. So I guess yet again I'll be half a year or more behind everyone else. Never mind, though!

I look forward to these workouts, eventually.
Hello Carla,

are you sure? I just placed them in my cart and it showed UK shipping as $8.50 for the two dvds, and it was around that amount I paid last time.

By the way I live in the UK too
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kcm, kelly coffey meyer