Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-08-08, 04:46 PM  
Happykatie
VF Supporter

Hi Sue,
Your avatar looks like me trying to play We Cheer. I love it, but I'm such a goof. I've passed maybe 5 or 6 songs (one or 2 stars). Anyway, got a question for you. I couldn't tell any difference when adjusting the timing on the stars. What does it mean to make it -1 or +5 or whatever? Does making the number bigger make the timing slower or what? Can I react later with a bigger number? Do you have to pass all the songs in a stage to open another stage? I did read tha manual but I don't think it had those answers. OK, that's more than one question. Sorry. Any help would be appreciated. I don't really care if I pass a song because they're fun whether I fail or pass, but I would like to know if there's something better waiting.

Thanks,

Jenny
Happykatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-08, 10:34 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happykatie
Hi Sue,
Your avatar looks like me trying to play We Cheer. I love it, but I'm such a goof. I've passed maybe 5 or 6 songs (one or 2 stars). Anyway, got a question for you. I couldn't tell any difference when adjusting the timing on the stars. What does it mean to make it -1 or +5 or whatever? Does making the number bigger make the timing slower or what? Can I react later with a bigger number? Do you have to pass all the songs in a stage to open another stage? I did read tha manual but I don't think it had those answers. OK, that's more than one question. Sorry. Any help would be appreciated. I don't really care if I pass a song because they're fun whether I fail or pass, but I would like to know if there's something better waiting.

Thanks,

Jenny
Hi Jenny! That avatar is definitely me, too! I was playing last night after the girls went to bed, and I seemed to be getting more misses than usual. Maybe I was tired, but I thought about adjusting the timing also. I really don't know exactly what it does. A lot of stuff about this game is trial-and-error. Someone on Amazon mentioned that you may have to adjust the timing if you have HDTV. Try it out and see if it helps! Sorry for the lame answer, but I don't know either

As for passing stages, you only have to pass one song in each stage. Then, IIRC, the flower icon appears in the bottom corner on the stages screen. Once you have flowers for all the open stages, all that group's songs appear in that grouping of stages, and the next group of stages opens up (with exclamation points in the bottom corner).

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-09, 08:12 AM  
Cher

I got We Cheer for Christmas and finally gave it a serious try last night. (I've been too busy playing DDR2 to try this one). Anyway, I played for about an hour and failed every time. In my opinion, it's harder than DDR is. I decided to reread this thread and you all have convinced me to keep trying. Maybe I'll try a harder song instead of the one star songs and see how I do with that. Did anyone figure out what adjusting the timing does? Any other helpful suggestions to try to pass at least one song would be appreciated.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-09, 01:11 AM  
lissalaurel76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher
I got We Cheer for Christmas and finally gave it a serious try last night. (I've been too busy playing DDR2 to try this one). Anyway, I played for about an hour and failed every time. In my opinion, it's harder than DDR is. I decided to reread this thread and you all have convinced me to keep trying. Maybe I'll try a harder song instead of the one star songs and see how I do with that. Did anyone figure out what adjusting the timing does? Any other helpful suggestions to try to pass at least one song would be appreciated.
One thing that should help you is to WAIT until you see that star light up at the beginning of each move. Don't just go when you see the formation up on the screen. Be patient. It moves fast, but not as fast as you think it does initially. If you just breathe & take it in, just wait for that star to light up & show you the path of motion FIRST, THEN do the move you'll have more success.
Old 01-25-09, 08:04 AM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissalaurel76
One thing that should help you is to WAIT until you see that star light up at the beginning of each move. Don't just go when you see the formation up on the screen. Be patient. It moves fast, but not as fast as you think it does initially. If you just breathe & take it in, just wait for that star to light up & show you the path of motion FIRST, THEN do the move you'll have more success.
Thanks Melissa. I finally did figure that out but was running out of time to play. I sort of did a little better than. On one of the routines, I was doing really well then my phone rang and I had to stop and go answer it. Next time I play, I'll pay more attention to the stars.
Old 01-25-09, 08:57 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Cher, if you can pass a song in an hour you're really good! It took me days of practicing to pass even one. But once I sort of caught on to the rhythm, it became much easier. My daughter finally passed Push It To The Limit after lots of trying, and she normally gets frustrated easily, so I think this game is teaching her to be patient and keep at it.

Did you try the workout mode? It's corny, but a good way to learn the basic moves. Another good way to practice is the cheer-off where you only use one remote.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 01-25-09, 09:05 AM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

It's a cute game. I haven't played very much, but I've only passed "Walking on Sunshine," (which is okay because the leftover high school angst in me enjoys disappointing all the cheerleaders anyway.) I thought they should have had a longer workout mode, even though I had more trouble with that than with the actual cheers. You would think I would know how to step-touch by now, but apparently I'm lost without advance cuing!
Sarah-lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-09, 09:56 AM  
dixiechickntx

My boyfriend just got the Wii fit board yesterday. I am already addicted to hula hooping. My core hurts today and I am in pretty good shape!

I must get the cheer games. I have not even gotten through the majority of the programs yet but I am loving what I have seen so far.
Old 01-25-09, 10:45 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiechickntx
My boyfriend just got the Wii fit board yesterday. I am already addicted to hula hooping. My core hurts today and I am in pretty good shape!

I must get the cheer games. I have not even gotten through the majority of the programs yet but I am loving what I have seen so far.
We Cheer is the one to get. My daughter got All Star Cheer Squad for Christmas, and it's not as good IMO. It's more of a "story" game than exercise.

Old 01-26-09, 06:38 AM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B
Cher, if you can pass a song in an hour you're really good! It took me days of practicing to pass even one. But once I sort of caught on to the rhythm, it became much easier. My daughter finally passed Push It To The Limit after lots of trying, and she normally gets frustrated easily, so I think this game is teaching her to be patient and keep at it.

Did you try the workout mode? It's corny, but a good way to learn the basic moves. Another good way to practice is the cheer-off where you only use one remote.
Nope, didn't pass anything in the hour I played. I'm glad to hear it took days of practice to pass even one song. I'll keep trying. I only tried the workout mode on X-mas day after I got the game so I'll give that a try again too.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Tags
active gaming, we cheer, wii