Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-26-16, 12:32 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

I went! Stephanie hit the nail on the head. It was an amazing weekend. I'll post my thoughts later but suffice it to say it was a blast and I hope she considers doing another one in the future.

And if you like step or boxing/kickboxing, you would have loved it.

Stephanie it was nice to meet you in person!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-16, 12:33 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by owltx View Post
mtngoat - The Cathe Live class was "You Can Do Anything For A Minute". She actually gave a shout-out to those of us visiting the class about halfway through, so you will be able to identify me. My face is very red and my curly hair is very frizzy by that point. The class was really good; it was tough, but I want to go back and do it again.
Thanks! I just subscribed, so I'll take a look. It'll make the class more fun to know that a fellow VFer was there!

(I love the personal touches. KCM is always giving me personalized cues in her workouts - it's so much fun! 'You wanna do more Lori? She wants to do more!' It always make me chuckle.)

eta: I can't wait to hear your thoughts too Gibbee!

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"

Last edited by mtngoat; 04-26-16 at 12:50 PM. Reason: addition
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-16, 12:38 PM  
Dabbadooey

That sounds like an absolute blast!
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-16, 01:28 PM  
owltx

Gibbee it was nice meeting you in person too!

Lori - This made me chuckle as I like the personal touches too. Step-knee! Close enough to Stephanie for me!
Old 04-26-16, 01:53 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I know that Renee was there too--I saw her photos on FB, and they looked awesome!

Anyone know if Kelly plans to repeat this? The sad thing is that Kelly's gym is actually in my hometown, and I've never been there! To clarify, I no longer live there, and family trips home are always such a whirlwind that it's hard...but I'd love to try to plan to go some time in the future.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-16, 03:57 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Wow, that sounds so awesome! I'm glad you had a great time. In my younger years I should have gone to a Cathe roadtrip. I'm in Pennsylvania, so it's not really that far. I used to dream about going to a Charlene Prickett adventure in Canada "back in the day". That would have really be out of the question given the distance, but it was always a dream.

Kim
I used to dream about going to Canada, too. It was out of my reach financially, & I always thought I wouldn't want to leave my cat for that long anyway.

Kelly's roadtrip sounds like it was awesome, & I am so glad a dvd was made so that we can share in the experience a little--that was a great idea of Kelly's. I am eagerly awaiting its release.

Years ago, I got to do some of Franny Benedetto's workshops & got to meet her. It was wonderful, she was so great in person, just as sweet as she is on her videos. I also got to meet & workout with some fellow VFers. Just one of the best times of my life, that's for sure.

I might try Amy's step dvd when it comes out, I feel I've got to support someone who's still willing to make workout dvd's.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-16, 08:10 PM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Yep, it killed me that I couldn't go and I'm RIGHT HERE in NJ. Sigh!
Well that sucks! I'm sure there will be other opportunities. Everything seems to be out east. I guess nothing is appealing in Wisconsin. Imagine that.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-16, 08:23 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

It sounds like you guys had a blast! So glad for you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
(I love the personal touches. KCM is always giving me personalized cues in her workouts - it's so much fun! 'You wanna do more Lori? She wants to do more!' It always make me chuckle.)
Quote:
Lori - This made me chuckle as I like the personal touches too. Step-knee! Close enough to Stephanie for me!
Hahahaha that was funny!!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-16, 11:45 PM  
LizEMA

Quote:
I went!

You guys, it was soooo awesome!

First, since Cathe's gym was in the area, several of us scoped it out and took Cathe's Live class on Thursday. . . If you ever get the change to go to her gym, I highly recommend it!
That's awesome! You got a TWOfer! (Saw you in the class; you're ADORABLE! And so pretty! And, guuuurl, if you think your hair was frizzy at that point, you should see ME in the middle of a heavy workout -- it looks like I'm wearing a CROWN of frizz. )

Quote:
It was incredible on Saturday to see a DVD getting filmed - fun to see all the tech behind the sound, filming, workout people.

The workout DVD was filmed on the last workout of Saturday, and I was really exhausted by then - I think most of us were, there were about 7 or 8 classes on that day. However, Kelly perked us all back up and got us excited and you just got right into the workout and it was great! The workout DVD will be really freaking awesome when it comes out, I think. It was all cardio, no equipment. Each workout involves intervals - some high impact, some plank type work. The floor work in between intervals is a combination of punches, jumps, squats, etc. Kelly is her usual awesome self and it should have some great energy.
Greg Twombly, who has produced about a zillion workout videos over the years, was also there and was really super nice and it was very interesting chatting with him about the filming, editing, etc side of things, and the many changes over the years.
I can imagine! I would have LOVED to see that side of things, as well. I've always wanted to see a workout filmed and watch all the behind-the-scenes action; I bet it was so interesting and JUST as fun as the class!

Quote:
Then the convention itself rocked!. . . lots of great energy and excitement in the room, lots of hooting and hollering. And Kelly - she has such great spirit, and was having so much fun leading the class you couldn't help having fun as well.
I want to give a shout out to fellow vf'er Gibbee, who is just the nicest person you could ever meet. She gave me some gentle encouragement to go, and I am so glad I went. I didn't know anyone there, but had a really fantastic time, and it was great getting to meet everyone and make some new workout friends. If I can figure out how to do it, I will try to post some pics for you guys.
Thanks so much for all the in-depth recapping! Sounds like you had such an amazing experience! Yeah, I'm SUCH an introvert, and I just don't think I would have had the courage to go. But, at least I get to live vicariously through you lovelies. And, I'm so glad it turned out so wonderfully for you, Stephanie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
I went! Stephanie hit the nail on the head. It was an amazing weekend. I'll post my thoughts later but suffice it to say it was a blast and I hope she considers doing another one in the future.
Nancy! I saw you in the class, too, and you are just too cute for words! I can not WAIT to hear about your experience, as well!
Old 04-27-16, 06:26 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

The roadtrip was great. Stephanie, myself and FitFairy went to Cathe's live class. You can see each of us on the preview clip around the -1:00 mark. We had a blast. As I've said before, if you're that close, why not go see Cathe and Kelly when you are there? Cathe was sweet as always.

I did stay and watch part of her TZT program pre-class training for new participants. Reminds me a lot of the concept of Orange theory. Three cardio stations and five strength (if I remember properly). Each person wears a heart rate monitor (stats are shown on a TV screen) and basically you rotate through the 3 cardio stations for the first 27 min. or so and the coach has you change up the intensities. Then you move to strength for the remainder of the class using a TRX, the round step, weights, total gym and something else. I think she intends to turn this into a certification program for other instructors to take back to their gyms, like a les mills type program.

I didn't work out on Friday with Cathe but two others took her step and weights class that morning. I was saving myself for the Kelly Trip.

Kelly's RT started Friday and she kicked it off with a bang with step boxing. Yikes! Haven't been on a step in years - seriously. I survived! The video rehearsal Saturday morning was intense! The workout is awesome and is boxing and body weight drills. The video shoot was interesting. Greg filmed from the back so you might not see much of us from the front, but that's a-ok with me.

I watched part of Amy Bento's class on Saturday, but did not participate. I have some nagging injuries that I needed to keep in check so decided to take a mini-break and clean up. Kelly's niece, Madeline Dolente, taught the Activmotion bar class along with Kelly's other niece, Tatum Coffey. It was interesting. I'd like to try a bar at home sometime in the future when my shoulder is all healed up.

A couple of the classes used the step and a chair (one or both combined). It was nice to try the chair pilates with Diane Myles in person. I've only previewed the DVD but it makes more sense now with the live cuing. We had another class but the instructor's name slips my mind. I'll have to go back and look at the schedule.

Sunday ended w/ a KCM tabata step drills workout. Nice 'n sweaty. Got lucky to get a late check out so I could shower before traveling. This last workout reminded me a bit of Shape Up... we were all kind of hoping it is a preview of something to come.

Honestly - I LOVED the kickbox/drill workout that she filmed. Two 30-min workouts. I will be curious to see how it turns out. Nearly all of her backgrounders were there at some point during the event and it was great to see them all in person again.

Madeline did do a diet talk on Saturday and she mostly stressed whole foods and a few vitamins that you should ensure you get in your diet through food or supplements (if necessary).

I loved every minute of it - and I, too, am hoping she will do it again!

Speaking of Cathe Live... Stephanie, myself and FitFairy went to Cathe's live class. You can see each of us on the preview clip around the -1:00 mark. We had a blast. As I've said before, if you're that close, why not go see Cathe or Kelly when you are there?

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kcm, kelly coffey meyer