Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-08, 02:15 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

We Cheer (Wii) workout mode review

I just got the game We Cheer for Wii, and while I'm still trying to get the hang of the game itself, the workout mode is about the most exercise-video-like I've seen on Wii.

You can see the workout mode (and the rest of the game) here:
http://www.wecheergame.com/
(Click on Game Info and Gameplay, and scroll down to the bottom video to see the workout mode)

In workout mode, you can select either Quick (2 minutes) or Extended (4 minutes) workout. Then you hold 2 remotes, 1 in each hand, and mirror the animated cheerleader's moves just like you're doing a workout video. The choreography is very similar to what we're used to on simple cardio videos: step touches, squats, lunges, knee-ups, etc., and the cheer-bot cues about as well as your average Firm instructor As you follow her moves, lines appear on the screen that you're supposed to trace with your remotes. The game really seems to "know" what you're doing with your hands; for instance, when she does triceps kickbacks, you have to do them too or else you won't get your "stars".

What's really funny about the workout mode is that you have a student at the beginning of each session, an obese boy who laments that he wants to play ball or lose weight, and needs your help. He then works out on the left side of the screen, and as you rack up the moves, he shrinks into a thin, studly dude (if only!). He then thanks you for changing his life and gives you a gift of, what else, a new cheerleading uniform. The more Biggest Losers you make over, the more workouts appear with slightly harder steps and different music.

The generic workout music isn't bad, but I wish the workouts had some of the awesome, original-artist songlist from the main game (Bodyrock, Unbelievable, Gonna Make You Sweat, and more).

Overall, this is just pure cheesy fun, and an indication of what workouts on Wii might look like if people like Cathe get involved.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
active gaming, we cheer, wii