Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-19-14, 07:54 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
it's OK, but not worth $10 for 15 min. i'd comb ebay to check for the DVD that has both the walking workout PLUS the stretch. i got the set of DVDs (Rejuvenaton Walk + Stretch) and Rejuvenation Total Body Toning for $10.99 including shipping!

i think the original owner must have kept the gadgets from the kit and sold off the DVDs.

regarding purple player - i wanted to get Michelle Dozois's Ultimate Workout and it's only sold via purple player, including on Mary's site. i want it, but i'll just get it later. Mary said 1 person had trouble opening the file using purple player, so she refunded the customer's money.
That must mean at least 2 of us had trouble with it, because I bought directly from Michelle's website.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-14, 08:00 AM  
Cowgirl32

Best non yoga stretch? Fluidity's 20 minute stretch DVD. SO GOOD!
Old 10-19-14, 08:31 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

I got both Lastics workouts and did the first one (Lastics) yesterday.

It's excellent. I am sore in my upper back (the good kind of sore)--Lastics targets this area in a way that other stretch workouts do not. The instruction is very good--following Donna's cues make the workout a lot more effective (because it makes the workout more difficult).

I'm very flexible in some ways and not in others; I am hoping these workouts can help with these disparities. I'm going to do the Lastics workout several more times before doing Advanced Lastics. I never thought I would say this, but I've gotten rather tired of yoga (at least for now), so I'm doing non-yoga flexibility workouts. Lastics looks like a really great addition to my collection of athletic stretch workouts so I'm grateful to the people here who have mentioned it.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-14, 08:33 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl32 View Post
Really? I've have to try that one.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-14, 10:12 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Really? I've have to try that one.

Carol
I don't have a Fluidity stretching DVD, but I do have a Fluidity stretch w/o on the Real Class DVD. That one takes all the stretches Michelle does in the Fluidity workouts and puts them all together in a single session.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-14, 12:18 PM  
TX Michelle

I have a quick question about Cool It Off Express. The original Cool it Off is one of my most-reached-for non yoga stretch workouts, and I'll often just do half of it if I don't have a full hour. Is Cool It Off Express the same workout, just shorter? Or is it different from the original? I looked, but I can't find clips of it anywhere. Before I buy it, I want to make sure I'm getting something different from what I already have.

TIA!

--Michelle
Old 10-19-14, 12:53 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl32 View Post
there were 4 DVDs that came with the barre - was this one of them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eam531 View Post
I got both Lastics workouts and did the first one (Lastics) yesterday.
where is the best place to purchase Lastics? i see so many posts/threads about it but was wondering.

i know what you mean about getting bored with yoga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Michelle View Post
Is Cool It Off Express the same workout, just shorter? Or is it different from the original?
it came from the 3-DVD Express series and is different footage.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-14, 02:16 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
where is the best place to purchase Lastics? i see so many posts/threads about it but was wondering.

i know what you mean about getting bored with yoga.
I ordered mine from Amazon. The seller was the instructor. Mary stocks them as well.

I'm glad I'm not alone with feeling pretty meh about yoga these days! I will get back to it at some point, I'm sure.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-14, 06:34 PM  
Cowgirl32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
I don't have a Fluidity stretching DVD, but I do have a Fluidity stretch w/o on the Real Class DVD. That one takes all the stretches Michelle does in the Fluidity workouts and puts them all together in a single session.
I think that's the one. It's around 20-30 minutes. It came as a seperate DVD for me with the real class dvds..
Old 10-31-14, 01:34 AM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

Get Bent
I love it!!!!!
the "preparation for splits" section alone is worth the price of the video

Lastics...... I sold mine on amazon as it was, believe it or not, too easy

I need more like "get bent"!

Tags
madeleine lewis, mirabai holland, stretch dvds, stretching