Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-30-14, 12:22 PM  
Yelly

Dang...A Pink TRX

Yet something else that I want, lol
https://www.trxtraining.com/trx-home...MzgyMzY3OTc3S0

ETA: The Pre-order price is $199.95 with free shipping. It ships October 3.
A suspension trainer has been on my list for so long now. Me and hubby are gonna have to talk!
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-14, 12:54 PM  
momofcha

That's awesome! I just started using mine more regularly - despite having it almost a year. I am having some nice DOMs from it. I highly recommend one!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-14, 01:09 PM  
DrH

http://www.woss.com/equalizer-suspen...k-3000-series/

look into this first - a lot cheaper
DrH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-14, 01:36 PM  
bee1forfitness

I got my TRX about 4 years ago and it's one my best fitness equipment I have.... other than my Kettlebells. I often use the two together, and often use my TRX when doing bodyweight stuff like pistol squats, 1 leg/2 squats (so I can do rock bottom squat without hurting my knees), and yes for some yoga stretches to etc. It's so versatile. I would get the pink one for sure if I didn't already have one.

If you can wait a couple more months for you TRX, they have incredible holiday sales, with as much off as 25% and free shipping. TRX can be expensive, but the sale at the holidays made it more than affordable for me. Also sometimes they have discontinued models with huge mark downs. Not sure if the pink one will still be available at the holidays, the wording says for a "limited" time.

Two things that you may need to know is, if you use it inside you need to have a very secure anchor point. Although they said you can use your door, most people's doors on the newer homes aren't strong enough, nor do you get the full range of motion when you use a door. Secondly be sure to get your TRX from them or a reputable distributor, a few years ago a VFer bought one on Ebay that was a counterfeit and it broke, they could have been badly hurt.
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-14, 01:40 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
I got my TRX about 4 years ago and it's one my best fitness equipment I have.... other than my Kettlebells. I often use the two together, and often use my TRX when doing bodyweight stuff like pistol squats, 1 leg/2 squats (so I can do rock bottom squat without hurting my knees), and yes for some yoga stretches to etc. It's so versatile. I would get the pink one for sure if I didn't already have one.

If you can wait a couple more months for you TRX, they have incredible holiday sales, with as much off as 25% and free shipping. TRX can be expensive, but the sale at the holidays made it more than affordable for me. Also sometimes they have discontinued models with huge mark downs. Not sure if the pink one will still be available at the holidays, the wording says for a "limited" time.

Two things that you may need to know is, if you use it inside you need to have a very secure anchor point. Although they said you can use your door, most people's doors on the newer homes aren't strong enough, nor do you get the full range of motion when you use a door. Secondly be sure to get your TRX from them or a reputable distributor, a few years ago a VFer bought one on Ebay that was a counterfeit and it broke, they could have been badly hurt.
Great points. Yep, I got my TRX 50% off last year. I've got a bathroom door right off my workout space and it works perfectly. I haven't come across a move that I haven't been able to do, but that doesn't mean there aren't any.

Old 09-30-14, 01:41 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrH View Post
http://www.woss.com/equalizer-suspen...k-3000-series/

look into this first - a lot cheaper
wow, those straps are THIN. I wonder what the reviews are on them, I would be scared it wouldn't hold me over time.

Old 09-30-14, 03:09 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
Great points. Yep, I got my TRX 50% off last year. I've got a bathroom door right off my workout space and it works perfectly. I haven't come across a move that I haven't been able to do, but that doesn't mean there aren't any.
I have had my TRX for over 6 years and getting an anchor point in my workout room worked out much better than on the door. I just put a ceiling mount up in my workout room at my cottage this summer. In my opinion, it works you so much better that way. There were quite a few moves I couldn't do when it was anchored on a door. TRX recommends most of the moves to be done while under the anchor point which can't be done from a door frame. When doing moves with the ankle straps on in plank position it's virtually impossible to to have your feet right under the anchor point, so I would have to pull forward some, which didn't give me the same effect as it does with the ceiling anchor. I did it for quite a long time in a door and couldn't believe how much versatile it was mounted on the ceiling. Plus, when having the TRX strapped on a door, at our cottage anyways, everyone could hear the straps hitting the door. It was impossible to do that quietly. Also, anchored from the ceiling, you lengthen the TRX differently than from a door frame, because the ceiling is so much higher.

I think since I have used mine for so many years and I added in the Studio Sweat on Demand TRX classes, I learned more about the TRX. When the instructor would say to lengthen your straps all the way, on the door,my that would be too far down. I did learn to modify things with it on the door, though. It's just more freeing to get the ceiling mount.

Cheryl
Old 09-30-14, 05:20 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
I have had my TRX for over 6 years and getting an anchor point in my workout room worked out much better than on the door. I just put a ceiling mount up in my workout room at my cottage this summer. In my opinion, it works you so much better that way. There were quite a few moves I couldn't do when it was anchored on a door. TRX recommends most of the moves to be done while under the anchor point which can't be done from a door frame. When doing moves with the ankle straps on in plank position it's virtually impossible to to have your feet right under the anchor point, so I would have to pull forward some, which didn't give me the same effect as it does with the ceiling anchor. I did it for quite a long time in a door and couldn't believe how much versatile it was mounted on the ceiling. Plus, when having the TRX strapped on a door, at our cottage anyways, everyone could hear the straps hitting the door. It was impossible to do that quietly. Also, anchored from the ceiling, you lengthen the TRX differently than from a door frame, because the ceiling is so much higher.

I think since I have used mine for so many years and I added in the Studio Sweat on Demand TRX classes, I learned more about the TRX. When the instructor would say to lengthen your straps all the way, on the door,my that would be too far down. I did learn to modify things with it on the door, though. It's just more freeing to get the ceiling mount.

Cheryl
I'm still happy I have mine & feel I get a lot out of it by using it in the door. Don't let it deter you from purchasing if you can only use in a door.

Old 09-30-14, 05:33 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
I'm still happy I have mine & feel I get a lot out of it by using it in the door. Don't let it deter you from purchasing if you can only use in a door.
I didn't mean you wouldn't get a good workout using it on the door. I was saying that you can't really use it to the full potential on a door. I never realized it until I started doing the Studio Sweat on Demand which has a few classes that use the TRX for a full hour. Before I used it for only shorter periods of time and the TRX dvds it didn't seem to matter. I worked around it. Once I got the ceiling mount I noticed that I could do so much more with it. If using a door is your only option, I would still go for it. TRX is an awesome workout. I think Yelly (Danielle) is a SSOD subscriber, too.

Cheryl
Old 09-30-14, 06:55 PM  
Yelly

Yep, I'm subscribed to SSOD - that's one of the main reasons I've been wanting to get one! I've been dying to try those workouts

I would almost have to mount mine on the ceiling, since there's not a convenient door in my workout area, but thank you so much for your input Sue (and everyone else!) Cheryl, when you are using it, are you usually doing the moves with the straps straight down from the ceiling, or are they usually out in front of you at an angle? (does that make sense?) I'm just trying to figure out how to work around a ceiling fan, and yet still keep it far enough from the wall too.

Thank you everybody!
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suspension training, trx