Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-07-09, 08:09 AM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien_73 View Post
but even with the 20% off it ends up being about $35-40 with s/h. Not sure I can justify that. Also, the only room where I would have enough space to use it is my living room. Not too crazy about mounting a big piece of metal in my living room!

So, I am just posting this for those of you who are on the fence about this. Definitely something to think about before you purchase.
But the shipping is free for orders Online Only -"FREE Shipping on all orders over $150", The cheapest bundle (of the NEW TRX Suspension Training Pro Pack at 189.95) with the 20% off is $151.96 + so you would just make it to get free shipping, I've checked I've used the code above the discount is larger it you use the code posted on their website GIVEGET20. I've been looking at this and the WII Fit Active, but I thinking I'll get more bang for the buck getting TRX
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-09, 08:24 AM  
adrien_73

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
But the shipping is free for orders Online Only -"FREE Shipping on all orders over $150", The cheapest bundle (of the NEW TRX Suspension Training Pro Pack at 189.95) with the 20% off is $151.96 + so you would just make it to get free shipping, I've checked I've used the code above the discount is larger it you use the code posted on their website GIVEGET20. I've been looking at this and the WII Fit Active, but I thinking I'll get more bang for the buck getting TRX
Thanks for posting this! Problem is...I already have the TRX system & most of the DVDs. I wouldn't be able to make my order over $150 unless I returned my old TRX for the newer model. (Which I thought about doing, but it's too much hassle)
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-09, 06:56 PM  
bee1forfitness

Bump, those that have this what do you like or dislike about these systems
Old 12-07-09, 08:28 PM  
adrien_73

In the few workouts I did, I felt like the core and lower body were worked very well, but the upper body--not so much. I do love the feel of the workouts, but given my anchoring woes mine is going back. Called & got my RA# today. Away she goes...
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-09, 08:38 PM  
pumptmuscle

I'm a little late to this thread but I strongly recommend checking out Ebay if you'd like the TRX. I ordered the pro pack new in the package which also includes the door anchor and bonus core dvd. The entire thing was less than $90 shipped.

You may have to wait up to a week or so but either with buy it now or a regular auction, you should be able to get one for $120 at most including shipping.

"We all have our own issues" - Lashaun Dale

"Hi, I'm Billy Blanks and welcome to Tae Bo" Billy Blanks - Tae Bo

** 50 time marathoner
** 15 time ultramarathoner (the longest was 40 miles)
** All time high scorer at Blast Billiards
pumptmuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 09:25 PM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumptmuscle View Post
I'm a little late to this thread but I strongly recommend checking out Ebay if you'd like the TRX. I ordered the pro pack new in the package which also includes the door anchor and bonus core dvd. The entire thing was less than $90 shipped.

You may have to wait up to a week or so but either with buy it now or a regular auction, you should be able to get one for $120 at most including shipping.
Thanks pumptmuscle
Old 12-09-09, 10:16 AM  
pumptmuscle

Welcome Bee

I should add that the door anchor and core dvd are not part of the pro package itself but were offered in addition to it. The price I paid on Ebay was about half what it all would have been at the retail price.

"We all have our own issues" - Lashaun Dale

"Hi, I'm Billy Blanks and welcome to Tae Bo" Billy Blanks - Tae Bo

** 50 time marathoner
** 15 time ultramarathoner (the longest was 40 miles)
** All time high scorer at Blast Billiards
pumptmuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09, 11:59 AM  
Kimberly33

A small warning

There is a decent amount of evidence that the ones on ebay (unless they're sold by Fitness Anywhere) are fakes. I have one, too, and so far it's okay, but I'm pretty sure it is a copy--the panels in the poster are out of order and the lettering is coming off of the sign for the door. I have seen threads on FA's site where people complained that the buckles slip. I'm going to continue to use mine, but I'm also going to be really careful. Had I known this before, I think I would have bought the Jungle Gym or shelled out for the real one (if you check out FAs forums, there are codes for 10-20% off).

Just something to consider. There is a thread or two here that talks about this and has links to the discussions about this on FAs forum.

Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul
You've got to run like an antelope, out of control. (Phish)

Can't control the kittens!
Too many whiskers. Too many whiskers
(Sleep Talkin' Man)
Kimberly33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-09, 06:02 AM  
bee1forfitness

Oh boy..... thanks for the warning

Last edited by bee1forfitness; 12-10-09 at 07:53 AM. Reason: I purchase the Authentic TRX from Fitness Anywhere didn't want to risk the bootleg TRX
Old 12-12-09, 05:31 PM  
Marie1120
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien_73 View Post
okay, so after all the hoopla and excitement to get my TRX, I think I am going to have to send it back. (AND all of the Dvds I bought!)

My DBF walked in the room while I was using it, and he said my cheapo condo doors are not strong enough to withstand that kind of pressure. I see that you can purchase the x anchor on the website, but even with the 20% off it ends up being about $35-40 with s/h. Not sure I can justify that. Also, the only room where I would have enough space to use it is my living room. Not too crazy about mounting a big piece of metal in my living room!

So, I am just posting this for those of you who are on the fence about this. Definitely something to think about before you purchase.
What did you decide to do?

Has anyone used this on a regular bedroom door? Ours are not real light but not a completely solid door - or at least they don't feel that heavy.

Also do you need a lot of space straight out in front of the door?

TIA...
2009 - 312/300

"Those who remove mountains begin by carrying away small stones."
- Chinese Proverb

"Getting up in the morning is a case of mind over mattress." Ziggy
Marie1120 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door anchor, jungle gym, trx