Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-09, 05:22 PM  
adrien_73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
WOW! That DVD does look good and I think it's 2 workouts on one????? Maybe that makes it worth the money?
I notice on the lifeline website that it says the running time is 50 minutes. The DVD is $49.95 + $9.95 s/h!

On the ihpfit.com site, it is $44.95 + $11.00 s/h

I have done a few searches online and I can't find any other vendors selling it for less.

His other DVDs interest me as well, so I may bite and buy the 3-pk for $119. The s/h is still $11 but spread out amongst 3 DVDs it doesn't seem as bad.
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-09, 06:21 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien_73 View Post
I notice on the lifeline website that it says the running time is 50 minutes. The DVD is $49.95 + $9.95 s/h!

On the ihpfit.com site, it is $44.95 + $11.00 s/h

I have done a few searches online and I can't find any other vendors selling it for less.

His other DVDs interest me as well, so I may bite and buy the 3-pk for $119. The s/h is still $11 but spread out amongst 3 DVDs it doesn't seem as bad.
Adrien,

If you take a bite on his DVDs, please review them. His 3 pack DVDs have also interested me too.

Helen
Old 11-15-09, 07:00 PM  
Deuce

I just read that Alwyn Cosgrove is coming out with a TRX/Afterburn hybrid training program in 2010.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-09, 07:27 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
Adrien,

If you take a bite on his DVDs, please review them. His 3 pack DVDs have also interested me too.

Helen
These may be instructional instead of follow along. I don't know if that matters to you, but it will matter to me. Just something to check on before you buy.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-09, 07:28 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
I just read that Alwyn Cosgrove is coming out with a TRX/Afterburn hybrid training program in 2010.
Interesting. I guess it will be ebook ??? I'd love if he would do a follow along DVD.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-09, 07:41 PM  
adrien_73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
Interesting. I guess it will be ebook ??? I'd love if he would do a follow along DVD.
I'm with you on this. I just can't get into paper workouts for some reason.

I did order the TRX and Train Like The Pros DVD. After seeing how expensive JC's DVD is the TRX series doesn't seem so expensive anymore!
Old 11-22-09, 01:16 PM  
Mushiebear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
Hmm, on this site, they have a split Jungle Gym, which they say will give you added intensity because of, apparently, the possible "wider lines of pull". Any thoughts from any suspension trainer users as to how that might be? I love my TRX and am considering purchasing a second one for my son to use (especially when he travels to his dad's). I wonder if, there is indeed increasing intensity, I should get the split Jungle Gym.
Mushiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-09, 08:13 PM  
sciencelady

Sounds like the difference is using two anchor points for two independent straps instead of having one long strap that's anchored at one point and folded over on itself. I don't know about the "wider angles of pull" claim unless you move the anchor points apart from each other, but having two anchor points would allow you to do exercises where you move your hand or foot into and out of the strap (like off-set pushups with one hand on the floor and the other in the handle) without needing to go into a "single handle mode" like on the TRX. It would offer some different exercise options from the TRX, but I don't know if the intensity would be appreciably different... You could also buy a second TRX and do fully suspended exercises to really crank up the intensity! (feet in handles of one TRX and hands in handles of another and do something like atomic pushups - ouch!)
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-09, 04:19 PM  
adrien_73

okay, so after all the hoopla and excitement to get my TRX, I think I am going to have to send it back. (AND all of the Dvds I bought!)

My DBF walked in the room while I was using it, and he said my cheapo condo doors are not strong enough to withstand that kind of pressure. I see that you can purchase the x anchor on the website, but even with the 20% off it ends up being about $35-40 with s/h. Not sure I can justify that. Also, the only room where I would have enough space to use it is my living room. Not too crazy about mounting a big piece of metal in my living room!

So, I am just posting this for those of you who are on the fence about this. Definitely something to think about before you purchase.
Old 12-06-09, 05:23 PM  
howardrsh

I'm worried about the same thing, Adrien, as I am waiting on mine to be delivered. I have big wooden doors, but I don't want to do anything to harm them. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but at least I think we have 30 days for a return.

Robbin
howardrsh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door anchor, jungle gym, trx