Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-21-21, 10:53 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Has anyone done Jessica's Calm and Strong rotation? It looks like it might be good and it's only 4 weeks. I like that it's a mix of so many different workouts!

https://jessicasmithtv.com/calm-and-...ving-rotation/

I can't decide whether to do this one or the Fusion February. Decisions, decisions...

https://jessicasmithtv.com/february-fusion/

I'm leaning towards a four week rotation only, so I can switch things up in March.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-21, 12:34 AM  
lizh

Hi everyone!
Today I did Cardio Interval Sculpt. It was non-stop and somewhat tough. This is one of the workouts where I feel like Jessica is trying to jam in so much into every little second. It stresses me out! However, the reason I am doing this rotation is that I wanted to try to build some muscle and get stronger so I shouldn't complain.

Donna I keep getting tempted by Pahla's current rotation. I get her emails and they sound fun.

Pam, The Calm and Strong Rotation and the February Fusion Rotation both sound good. I think my favorite workouts from Jessica are her fusion workouts. I really like the Feel Good Fusion DVD. Do you have that one?

Sherry, yes I am a vidiot for sure. And I really like my DVDs. Even though I have a few workouts exclusively on the Purple Player, I have yet to do more than 3 or 4 of Jessica's workout on YouTube. I think I'm missing a lot!

Waves to all,
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-21, 08:43 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

TGIF!

Yesterday I squeezed in CS 1110 during the day - and then later in the day I walked w/ my DD and Golden. It was a nice day yesterday -so I just had to get out. The weekend is going to be cold...like highs in the 30's which is miserable to me....I have become such a cold weather wimp.

Today, so far, has been:

Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series - Day 21 - Weight Training. This was all weights - all slow paced - one minute intervals. Low dread.

Rebekah Rothstein - Buff Bones - this is a workout she did for Jessica Valent as a guest instructor. It was slow moving, but I enjoyed it - a mix if PT, education about bone health and a bit of Pilates. I am tempted by her Buff Bones subscription, but it seems pricey for what you get - a 5 min video every day for $15/month. I guess I could look at is a .50 per day....LOL. I like her approach though. I may join Pilates AnyTime at some point to take advantage of the workouts she has there, I think you can get 30 days for free w/ the code "Rothstein"...so that is something to think about for the future.

Later today I will get some yoga in - I think something w/ Jill Miller....feeling the need for some PT in my yoga today.

Liz -Pahla is fun! I am glad I'm getting close to the end of the rotation now b/c I am getting antsy about wanting to do something else.....

Pam - I did Calm & Strong in June - I enjoyed it! It was a nice mix of workouts. I am thinking if I go for Jessica in February it will be the Fusion February challenge....but I'm still thinking about doing something w/ Project You and Gilad's Quick Fix...or who knows...LOL! I think I will wake up on Feb 1st and figure it out, LOL!

Sherry -good job on getting your walk in. And, I am glad it is Friday so I can forget about work for a few days.

waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-21, 06:27 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Work has been crazy and I haven't even had time to work out, so I did nothing yesterday and today I did the first mile from the 4 Mile DVD after I read that Sherry had done it! TGIF...at least tomorrow is Saturday so I hope to get back on track with WS1.

I had to go into the office today because my laptop was having issues that I've been trying to ignore for months. I wasn't thrilled to have to go there, but I picked today because Fridays are usually quiet and thankfully, that was the case. I had to talk to the tech support guys, but they were the only people I saw. It's kind of creepy to be in an office building when there's no one around.

Donna, I also dread the thought of going back to the office, especially after being there today. My boss is the type who likes to be around people so she thinks the sooner we all go back, the better, and I'm afraid I'm going to have a tough time convincing her I am better off at home. I was talking to a friend I work with on the phone who is going to retire in 2 years and I told her when she leaves, I'm leaving too! I have no idea if I can really afford to do that, but it does make me feel better having an end date. I think if I focus on saving money over the next couple of years, I could swing it or possibly work part-time somewhere.

Pam, I did Calm & Strong over the summer and thought it was great. I've decided I'm going to do WS2 after I finish WS1, unless Lift & Shift comes out before that! Fusion February also looks good. I've never done that one.

Sherry, Thanks for reminding me about the 4 Mile Walk DVD!

Liz, I love DVDs and I hope instructors keep doing them. I don't mind streaming, but I just don't like the subscription model a lot of them have.
Old 01-22-21, 08:59 PM  
Leonana

I did KCM Strength and Stamina, one of the premixes without cardio leg work. I can't do the high impact of the cardio. It was 38 minutes long. I used a variety of weights and my kettlebell. I'm sure I was using half the weight Kelly was using, lol. I really liked this one. I'm learning that you need to choose the right premix, and KCM dvds seem to have so many!

Pam, I have done Calm and Strong. I enjoyed it a lot.

Liz, when I first started with Jessica, I actually preferred you tube. But in the past few years, I have switched and like the dvd's better. But sometimes I'm in the mood for a you tube workout.

Donna, TGIF! I am a cold weather wimp too, and have not walked outdoors like I should. The highs have been in the 60's and that's too cold for me, lol. We had a couple of days of 70's and it was really nice. We are getting rain, which we need, but it's back to the 60's.

wishiwasinhawaii, I guess it's good we influence each other, ha ha. I have problems with streaming too, if you want multiple instructors, it gets too expensive. Jessica is the only one I would consider, only because I do mostly her workouts. Unless it's too high. I can't do over $20 a month.
Old 01-22-21, 09:24 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I'm posting late tonight and got a workout in this evening. We had too much to do this afternoon with a late vet appointment for one of my cats. I did Standing Series from Jessica's Gentle Yoga Plus Pilates DVD. The title is misleading, as with all of the balance in this particular workout it's not easy. I sort of equate "Gentle" with beginner, and I think this is a solid intermediate workout. I wobbled all over without the use of a chair, and I moved my chair out of my exercise room to make room for the Total Gym. Jessica does this workout with such ease and grace, but I had a heck of a time with it tonight. I might actually prefer the Floor workout on this DVD to the Standing practice, but there is more room for growth with this one, I suppose.

Liz, I do have Feel Good Fusion and love it! Though, at times I feel it's just a tad too long. It's a good choice for when I have a little longer to work out and want something peaceful and calming for that day!

Current Rotation:
Old 01-23-21, 11:48 AM  
lizh

Hello all,
Last night I did Pilates + Yoga from WS3. I had done this routine once before and hated it. This time I liked it a little bit better. There is a really difficult abs section (and I hate ab work on the floor) and there was one point that I couldnt even follow Debbie! But now that it is over, I'm looking forward to doing it again! hahah!

wishiwasinhawaii and Donna I am with you and really dread going back to the office. Working from home has really helped me to be consistent with my workouts since it gave me about 1.5 - 2 hours back to my day with skipping the commute. Plus, I really hate having to dress up in work clothes and love working in sweats and yoga wear!

Pam, it sounds like I might like that new DVD since I have been trying to work on my balance. Some days I'm better than others. Jessica has great balancing skills! I hardly ever see her wobble!

Sherry, enjoy the KCM! I have a ton of her DVDs and I agree that each one has so many pre-mixes!

Happy weekend!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-21, 01:42 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

No Jessica workouts for me today! Since I've got the Total Gym now, I've been alternating TG DVDs with Walk Strong. So I did the Start It Up workout with Rosalie Brown and Rob Glick. For a SIU workout it moves quickly from one exercise to the next! The title makes me think of Slim Series, though. I also added Todd Durkin's TG Beginner program and am still really enjoying this one! He suggests using it three times a week for as long as you are comfortable with the exercises, and then when ready move on up to the Intermediate program. I can't wait to see what's in store for that one! Lastly finished up with Lara Hudson's 10 Minute Solution Pilates on the Ball (Arms.) I was previewing some of the Pilates workouts on YouTube that could be done on the Total Gym, so I'm looking forward to trying that, too! I just want to work with strength training for a bit more, and I'll probably stick with Jessica for Fusion workouts on alternate days for February!

Yay for the weekend!!!

Current Rotation:
Old 01-23-21, 07:40 PM  
Leonana

Today was Gentle Yoga Plus Pilates Floor Flow. I skipped a few of the ab moves, but was able to do most of it. It was a nice stretch, I feel good after doing it.

Pam, I'm afraid I like the Standing Series better than Floor Flow. It's because I cannot do some of the ab work. I agree, the balance moves are more intermediate than beginner.

Liz, the Pilates + Yoga is my least favorite workout from that rotation. Like I mentioned above, I don't care for ab work on the floor. It tweaks my lower back.

Well, it is cold here today, but at least we have rain in the forecast!
Old 01-23-21, 08:12 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Sherry, would it help when doing floor ab work to have a small pillow behind head and another thinner cushion underneath your lower back/tailbone? I don't love being on the floor, either but have resorted to not raising my head off the floor all the time, if I have tension in the neck or shoulder aches. Plus, it's not any fun. I hate stuff like side planks because I'm not any good at them when you have to pulse up and down. Yuck.

I'll have to look at Pilates + Yoga now from WS3, as I can't remember what it's like. Maybe I'll try it this upcoming week and see what it's all about.

Current Rotation:

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy