Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-20, 11:49 AM  
IceQueen07

I have been trying out both this past week and like both. I agree with the burpees, I hate them. I think I am going to try a combination rotation with both of them which will also give me variety. Seems that Heather does more cardio ones and Caroline does more weight ones. So, I need to come up with a balance. I don't like a lot of cardio. I am liking the no talking, music only workouts which I didn't think I would.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 12:51 PM  
dianestjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
I have been trying out both this past week and like both. I agree with the burpees, I hate them. I think I am going to try a combination rotation with both of them which will also give me variety. Seems that Heather does more cardio ones and Caroline does more weight ones. So, I need to come up with a balance. I don't like a lot of cardio. I am liking the no talking, music only workouts which I didn't think I would.
I also really like the no-talking format, both Heather and Caroline cue really well with just slight gestures. The music is good for both instructors. One thing I love about Heather’s workouts (at least the one I have done, not sure if she does it for all workouts) is that during the rest period there’s a little screenin-screen video of the upcoming move. I also really love when both of them give those looks to the camera like “WHOA that was hard!”
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 12:53 PM  
dianestjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
As much as I like Caroline, I get it. Some of her workouts are really hard and I just stay away from them and do the ones I like. I do think her beginner EPIC 30 minute total body workout is very doable though and one of my very favorites. I have done it multiple times.

But I can't do constant pushups either, not my thing at all.

I need to visit Heather's channel and try her out soon.
I’m gonna give Caroline one more chance LOL and try the beginner TB workout.
Old 12-05-20, 01:00 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Her recent uploads are decent. Like the ones after she finished EPIC rotation. You should try those.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 06:16 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

I’d just like to throw out the suggestion of the Growingannanas channel as well. She does the same filming style as Heather and Caroline, but I find her pace a touch slower which makes it more approachable on days when I’m stiff or not feeling great. If you’re finding Caroline too challenging but like her filming style you might like her, I think her name’s Anna but I’m not sure, channel too.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-20, 12:17 AM  
dianestjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
I’d just like to throw out the suggestion of the Growingannanas channel as well. She does the same filming style as Heather and Caroline, but I find her pace a touch slower which makes it more approachable on days when I’m stiff or not feeling great. If you’re finding Caroline too challenging but like her filming style you might like her, I think her name’s Anna but I’m not sure, channel too.
Oh these look interesting! Thanks, I will try a few. Amazing that we now have so many instructors offering FREE YouTube workouts, and so many workouts for each of them, and all 3 of them with similar styles. It gives me a good feeling about the future of video fitness.
Old 12-06-20, 05:47 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
Thanks for this, I am seeing a few that I would like to try. She has a booty band workout that I like the looks of plus a mobility one. She has a lot of HIIT and Tabata, she is in great shape for sure and seems quite likable.

Caroline uses super heavy weights, it looks like the weights here are lighter which is less intimidating. I don't think I could every match Caroline's weights, and I don't have ones that are that heavy in the first place.

These YT instructors are giving video instructors a run for their money. I don't plan on abandoning my DVDs but I seem to be drawn to YT workouts more these days and my DVDs are kind of sitting right now.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-20, 11:17 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I really like the sequencing in this one, but it seems like a metabolic workout and not HIIT. Guess it depends on the size weights you use:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DGud1MRLSMg
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-20, 11:45 AM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post

These YT instructors are giving video instructors a run for their money. I don't plan on abandoning my DVDs but I seem to be drawn to YT workouts more these days and my DVDs are kind of sitting right now.
I agree, I seem to be doing the YT ones more and more.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-20, 01:17 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

I suspect a lot of these “new” YouTube instructors are personal trainers that are without their gyms. This is great all the way around because they can generate some income and we get to utilize their talent. It’s a bright spot in a largely negative world this year.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carolyn girvan, heather robertson