Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-02-20, 07:44 PM  
anetta

I use ETV and Walking online Workouts, and spend $25.00 per month, I compare that to me paying a gym membership.

I also use youtube and still have some CS on my dvr, and I still have dvds that I use once in a great while.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 09:29 PM  
bubbles76

Dana you make an excellent point about ads. I mostly use YouTube for yoga, and have not experienced ads. I have used YouTube for cardio and sometimes weights when on travel but its been awhile. No ads then either, but again its been awhile. I am sure ads were not so aggressive then as they are now. That would be annoying.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 01:14 AM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

I’m also not into streaming. But a work around to YouTube ads is to download the workout. The ads don’t come with the download. You can just delete the workout after if you didn’t like it. Some instructors keep ads just to the beginning and the end (Caroline Girvan and Barlates certainly do). I think it might depend on music used. I don’t like the ads either. It’s very intrusive during yoga particularly.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 04:16 AM  
IceQueen07

Streaming seems to be the way things are heading. In some ways it is sad because for me I will soon retire and be on a strict budget and won't be able to afford different sites. Also where we are looking to move may only have satellite internet and I have heard that you really can't stream with that. I currently only stream KCM and Cathe Live which I feel are reasonably priced and while they both still put out dvds, I love the live ones better.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 08:11 AM  
kathym
VF Supporter

For streaming I usually try to get a yearly deal if it is $70-$80 per year and I really like the service.
Currently I have ETV by the month. I get it about every 3-4 months as they do not have enough new content to make it worth the monthly fee.
I also have a couple of yoga sites that have multiple instructors. I currently have TINT Yoga because I am into flow and strength. I have previously done Alo, Udaya, Yoga International, and a few others. I had les mills but am not using it enough to keep it.
It does make a huge difference if the site has good 6 month and 12 month subscription rates.
Every now and then I download a class from Cathe.
Old 12-03-20, 02:34 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
I’m also not into streaming. But a work around to YouTube ads is to download the workout. The ads don’t come with the download. You can just delete the workout after if you didn’t like it. Some instructors keep ads just to the beginning and the end (Caroline Girvan and Barlates certainly do). I think it might depend on music used. I don’t like the ads either. It’s very intrusive during yoga particularly.
How do you download workouts from YouTube? I didn't even know that was possible. Thanks!
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 02:40 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I pay for one subscription only, Glo. It is $18.00 per month which isn't cheap but it has such variety, including meditation, that I feel the price is justified.

If I were to try another streaming service I would temporarily suspend Glo.

I pay for Zooming classes and workshops through my local yoga studio - classes $10, workshops $20 to $25. I limit that to $50 or $60 monthly at most - I love this studio and want to help it outlive this damn virus.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 09:56 PM  
counterclockwise

I pay Cathe’s 19.99/month subscription and it irks me sometimes, but having easy access to all her workouts and premixes, all her live workouts, user created workouts, and being able to make my own workouts from her library is pretty worth it.

I also pay $15/month for my College Nutritionist/Best Body nutrition program. It makes me life easier with meal plans, grocery lists, easy recipes I actually like, plus amazing mindset lessons, so it’s worth it.
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 11:05 PM  
Leonana

I don’t pay for any streaming. I mostly work out with Jessica Smith and she doesn’t have streaming. If she did, I would sign up for it.
Old 12-03-20, 11:37 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
How do you download workouts from YouTube? I didn't even know that was possible. Thanks!
Just google “YouTube downloader”. You’ll find free ones to try. Y2mate is currently working for me. Sometimes they quit working and then just google another one.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
budget, subscriptions