Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-07-10, 12:37 PM  
ssgilby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaDeb1 View Post
Can't think of her name right now, but she has short dark hair and is very reticent. In one video, Leslie says she was her first "substitute teacher." I really love her beautiful smile! I often thought Steve might be her son (they have the same coloring.)
Deb - I think you might be talking about Linda, who is a regular. Leslie does mention in at least one vid that she was the first one who taught other than Leslie. I don't believe Steve is her son, but I do know that Linda is a grandma (because Leslie always mentions it).
Old 06-07-10, 12:50 PM  
DejaDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgilby View Post
Deb - I think you might be talking about Linda, who is a regular. Leslie does mention in at least one vid that she was the first one who taught other than Leslie. I don't believe Steve is her son, but I do know that Linda is a grandma (because Leslie always mentions it).
YES! It's Linda! I really like how low-key she is!

In one of Leslie's workouts in which she uses the stretchie band, Leslie demonstrates its "fashion" uses ... she jokes that it's a belt, and there's another younger woman who jokes that she can use it as a scarf. I've always wondered if that younger woman was Linda's daughter (again with the coloring! )
Old 06-07-10, 01:22 PM  
Suzette
VF Supporter

Mary Kay

Carol

Joanne
Suzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-10, 12:41 AM  
ilovemybirds

Mary Kay also leads for two minutes during (I think) the second mile in Fast Start 3 Miles. What's hilarious is that she's not on a microphone, so you either have to read her lips or just follow her cues.
ilovemybirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-10, 06:47 AM  
suebella
VF Supporter

From what I've heard from people who have taken classes at Leslie's studio, LInda is very gregarious and animated when she leads a class. I agree on the DVDs she is more subdued. She barely breaks a sweat, ever, and looks like she is in fabulous shape.

I like Mary Kay as a background exerciser, but I have a hard time hearing her when she leads. It may be my ears, though. ; ).

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.”
- Author Unknown, but definitely not me.
suebella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-10, 08:56 AM  
GeekyGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgilby View Post
I've always been partial to Carol. She does actually tear up in one w/o when Leslie mentions how much weight she has lost. Leslie also mentions in one w/o that Carol likes busting a move. Not that she uses those terms, but she puts some mambos in or something and mentions that Carol likes them. I have a feeling Carol would appreciate more intricate choreography.
I love Carol. I love that bit about the mambos. lol I like Steve too - he's adorable. And of course Alton.
GeekyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-10, 01:39 PM  
sherry7899

Suebella, it's not just you having a hard time hearing Mary Kay. I think in one workout they did not have a microphone on her for part of the mile she was leading.

I think my favorite walkers are Mary Kay, Joanne, Carol, Randy, and Leslie's daughter and niece (Chrissy?) How pathetic is it that I know Leslie's niece's name One of them has gorgeous long curly hair.

Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-10, 09:30 PM  
Sophia

Leslie's niece has the curly hair.
Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-10, 12:34 AM  
juberann

That's not pathetic at all Sherry!! I actually watched the credits roll at the end of WalkSlim 3 Fast Miles to see what Marie's last name is!! Now THAT is pathetic I figured Sansone wasn't Leslie's current last name so I got curious,watched the credits to see her daughter's last name. I swear I do have a life *LOL* and I am no crazy-obsessive Leslie fan, I was just REALLY bored one day

Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
background exercisers, bat cave, mary kay bruening, randy