Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-26-20, 06:57 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. DH and I have had a wonderful low key Thanksgiving. We are very thankful
for our blessings in this challenging year. I am resting today. Judi and I ran 7 miles yesterday.

Vannie I am glad your aunt is doing better. That is wonderful.

Gibbee thinking of you and Alex today. Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 07:31 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. I hope everyone had a good and peaceful Thanksgiving.

My workout yesterday was Perfect30 Low Impact HiiT + bonus pyramid HiiT + extended stretch.

Vannie - So glad to hear your aunt is doing better. I'm glad your niece is not feeling too bad. Our numbers keep going up here too. So frustrating.

Karjoy - Yes, I am so thankful we've been able to stay healthy this year. I haven't even gone to the doctor for anything--not even my mammogram.

Hi to Cher and Gibbee. Have a good day, everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-20, 06:58 AM  
Cher

Workout Wednesday was Leslie’s Blue & Red miles. Nothing Thursday or yesterday. I had to get my lights on my Christmas tree (which I just dread) and unfortunately I have to do this job first thing after coffee or it won’t get done (just like working out so the workout got put to the side).

Vannie - I’m glad to hear your aunt is feeling better. Glad to hear your niece is doing okay too.

JBliff - I was supposed to get my mammogram back in October but they were so backed up that I couldn’t get an appointment until February at the normal facility I go to. That just freaked me out waiting that long so I called another facility of the same hospital that is closer to me here and have and appointment for Dec 17. I’m more afraid of waiting to long for my mammogram than of Covid with my family’s cancer history.

Waves to every else!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-20, 02:43 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a 40-minute walk in the morning and Xtrain Legs standing + ball & chair segments in the afternoon.

Cher
- Glad to hear you got an appointment for your mammogram. It's the reverse here in terms of availability for me. My imaging facility keeps contacting me to see if I wanted to make an appointment, and my doctor's office even called to see if I wanted to come in for a checkup.

Hi to everyone. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-20, 09:07 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. This has been a nice weekend so far. Much needed. Today I did a 3.5 mile run with some sprint intervals to mix it up a bit. Then this evening I did upper body with my trusty Cathe band.

Cher and Jbliff, waits for mammograms here are just about back to normal. Of course I think there is a little less demand too. Some older patients are still terrified to go to a diagnostic center or lab and are putting it off for a little longer.
Can’t say as I blame them either.

Vannie and Gibbee I hope you both have had peaceful weekends. Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-20, 10:06 PM  
Vantreesta

My aunt's O2 levels aren't staying up like they should be. Today they did a plasma transfusion, CT scan with contrast, more remdesevere (sp?) and switched her to a prone bed so she spends part of the time on her stomach to help with the back of her lungs. I think my cousin is there with her, which is nice for company plus my cousin is a respiratory therapist. My uncle has to stay away since he was positive too.

I went for a wonderful 5 mile walk yesterday but have otherwise been a slug.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote