Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-20, 09:11 PM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantreesta View Post
helen, i hate to admit it but i was hoping you'd do friday sloth-night!
That gave me a wide smile!
Just finished Flow - Basic Mix 3 (Mobility Basics + Bonus Core 1)
It truly was core, not just abs, which was a pleasant surprise - glutes, back, obliques, ...
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-20, 10:16 PM  
Vantreesta

Oh, good, I'm glad you weren't offended! My lower body is recovered and feeling pretty good. Abs and upper body are nicely sore!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-20, 05:30 AM  
Helen

Thumbs down

Saturday
40min, caught up Mobility Basics + Core 1
90min, dog walk, topped & tailed with Couch-5k week 1
31min, Cathe - Perfect30 - HIIT - High Impact - this was hard going whilst doing it, but she called "last exercise" sooner than I'd expected.

You know how it's really BAD to do the grocery shopping when you're hungry?
Have discovered that it's really GOOD to do it after a big fitness day - after having done so much today, didn't even THINK about anything I'd regret later.
All I had in the trolley was fresh fruit & veg, nuts, milk, eggs, & a hot cooked whole chicken for an easy dinner (chicken salad wrap).

Something to keep in mind if having problem foods in the house IS a problem.
Do the shopping post-workout - when you're feeling all motivated about health & fitness.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 11-21-20, 08:42 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Something to keep in mind if having problem foods in the house IS a problem.
Do the shopping post-workout - when you're feeling all motivated about health & fitness.
Truer words were never spoken.

We had been off grains for months, but we decided we wanted to make muffins. OK, not so bad, but that meant buying corn meal which somehow led to rye, wheat, and all purpose flour. At that point sugar entered the mix with batch after batch of cookies. My joints have been more achy, and my carpal tunnel at night even with the brace has flared. Of course you could say throw out the remaining corn and rye, but having come from a family of eight kids without a pot to piss in, I don't waste anything.

Surprisingly my weight hasn't really gone up, but I feel flabbier. We have been supplementing with iodine and Vit D which are supposed to help with weight.

Sandy O
Old 11-21-20, 06:48 PM  
Helen

SANDY
Oh I totally get the 'no waste' thing - didn't have a large family but grew up in THE suburb that people verbally use as the extreme alternative to well-off: "I didn't grow up posh, but I wasn't from <__> either".

Good about the lack of weight-gain, but rising inflammation & pain? You know that "listen to your body" idea. The ingredients you don't want to waste have a long shelf-life, so maybe just put them to the back out of sight (phenomenal how effective just not seeing things is) and make the baking just a monthly special - would that work for your household?

Sunday
morning - 43min, Tim Senesi - 7 Day Quarantine Challenge - Day 1
evening - 45min, back-to-back Couch to 5k - Week 1, with Alice
late night - 47min, Cathe - XTrain - Hard Strikes

Hard Strikes - killed my calves in the first section. Heavier set of palm/wrist wrap weights were fine, just got a bit tough for jacks with arms going overhead.
2nd section: Felt disappointed with myself until I did the true weight conversion
I usually just halve Cathe's pounds for rough switch to kg, she had 8lb, so started with 4kg, but that's 8.8lb.
Switched down to 3.5kg (7.7lb) during initial shoulders, and again for 2nd round of biceps.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 11-22-20, 10:34 PM  
Vantreesta

You're doing awesome, Helen! I've been such a crummy rotation buddy. I think the busy-ness of these couple weeks plays a part but honestly I think we all know I struggle with consistency even when there's not much doing on.

Sandy and buff, if I remember right you guys have done Lesley Fightmaster's yoga, haven't you? I saw in the GD that she unexpectedly passed away. Her husband posted her last video and wrote in the description of her passing.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 11-23-20, 07:39 AM  
Helen

Thanks Vannie - even knowing you're along for some of the ride keeps me plugging away. To be honest, I really wasn't feeling it tonight.

Monday night:
Didn't do the XTrain - Chest, Back, & Shoulders until almost 8pm, and was going to ditch doing the Couch run, but Alice stood longingly in front of where her harness & lead are, so did it for BOTH of us. Didn't finish the run until after 11pm. The harbour path is so nice (and empty) at night though, I'm really liking these late night runs, and the hotter it gets into summer, Alice will need that to be when we go, even with a closer clip she's still essentially wearing a jumper.

Was pleased with the XTrain - last did it when it must have been new (2013) and noted that used 2/3 of Cathe's weight for most of it. This time, matched for chest & back, but not for shoulders - obviously need more work there.

BUFF
What happened with this week in your log post? You only have up to the 22nd - awesome times logged though!! and a really good mix of everything - you're an all-rounder!

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 11-23-20, 08:41 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Sandy and buff, if I remember right you guys have done Lesley Fightmaster's yoga, haven't you? I saw in the GD that she unexpectedly passed away. Her husband posted her last video and wrote in the description of her passing.
Wow, that's crazy. I haven't done Lesley in a while, but I'll have to do her last video. Sad. She was young and appeared healthy.

Sandy O
Old 11-23-20, 11:18 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
SANDY
Oh I totally get the 'no waste' thing - didn't have a large family but grew up in THE suburb that people verbally use as the extreme alternative to well-off: "I didn't grow up posh, but I wasn't from <__> either".

Good about the lack of weight-gain, but rising inflammation & pain? You know that "listen to your body" idea. The ingredients you don't want to waste have a long shelf-life, so maybe just put them to the back out of sight (phenomenal how effective just not seeing things is) and make the baking just a monthly special - would that work for your household?
I have a finisher's mentality. I have to finish what's there, plus I still have 16 pancakes I made in the freezer. I'm the sort who will say let's finish all the flour and pancakes by the end of the month and start December on a clean slate.
Old 11-23-20, 09:51 PM  
Vantreesta

Just a check in. I'm not up for more than that tonight. This afternoon I did XTrain Cardio Leg Blast premix 3 Timesaver rounds 1-6. This was supposed to have been the full workout and done Thursday but it is what it is. I did the premix bc it was almost 3:30 by the time I was able to get started.