Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-13-21, 08:19 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

FN1, I felt the same way you did about Mess Plyo Legs! I was actually "ok" with it until the d(*& sit and stands. For some reason, I haven't been able to master where my various body parts need to be to balance properly when I lift the weight. I can do them kinda sorta but not too well. Anyway I followed it with the band stretch from Stretch Max. I needed it. My back was kind of sore from Monday's Mess so between that and the Plyo Legs I told my DH I felt about 200 years old.

Yesterday I did Cathe Live #2. I didn't do the weight portion, but substituted additional step combos instead. This is probably the longest Live at 66 minutes! I enjoyed it, but I think maybe I should avoid step the day before Mess Plyo Legs since it's tough on the lower body. Tomorrow I'll pick a kickboxing workout from Cathe Live that I haven't done before so I can go along with the Powerstrike peeps!

bee, good point about the dumbbell chest fly. I had to lighten up for the second round since I felt my form was failing and I was concerned I would injure myself.

bee and Kim, I also have 3 yoga mats and don't use any of them for yoga! The oldest now is a mat for my step to protect the floor, the second is a thick one I use for stretching, and the third is a cork one which is great for higher impact cardio that doesn't use a lot of space.

No time now to comment more! Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-21, 09:23 PM  
Garrie A.

Happy Humpday Watulans! Here's how my week has gone so far:

Monday:
Gym Style Chest & Triceps

Of the three GS workouts, this one is the most brutal since it starts with 72 push-ups (in drop sets). I did the 16, 14, and 12 (well, 11 out of 12) rep sets on my toes but had to drop to my knees for the rest. My ultimate goal, and I don't know when it will come, is to do all 72 on my toes. I remember it took me five years to get through the "rolling...running" segment of The Firm's Volume 1 without stopping. Anyways, I used nearly the same weights as I did the last time I did this workout (just before starting my second round of STS last year), but increased on a few of the exercises (generally the same as Cathe, although I did have to use slightly lighter weights for chest). And my chest and triceps are STILL sore today!

Tuesday:
The Firm: Ballroom Aerobics

Yesterday was a day from h-e-double hockey sticks at work, and I just wanted a fun, light workout to "clear the cobwebs." And it did the job! I admit; I'm one of the few VFers who actually like the ballroom segments from the Tortoise and Hare workouts. Yes, they are a bit cheesy and not intense by any means, but it was just what I needed to turn a "Terrible Tuesday" into a "Right Tango Close-ing Tuesday." And IMHO we all need workouts like that. I still prefer doing the actual Tortoise and Hare workouts, though. Not doing the lifting or floorwork from those workouts just felt a bit "odd."

Today:
Gym Style Back, Shoulders & Biceps

I was able to increase my weights in a few spots, although I used mostly the same weights as I did last time (slightly heavier than Cathe for back, the same for shoulders, and about the same or sometimes lighter for biceps). And it was tough! I've been through two rounds of STS and I think that the Gym Styles are Cathe's best non-STS lifting series. My only quibble with this workout is that I want a bit more back work (even though my back muscles definitely felt it), and a teeny bit less bicep work.

I'll be back with personals tomorrow. Waves all around!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 07:20 AM  
ChelePA

Kim I’m thinking about doing Cathe’s Cardio Fusion for Fun Friday. Unless someone has another suggestion. Hoping to be able to do the full workout but if not I may choose one of the premixes.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 07:44 AM  
lavna

Hi all!

Kim: Thanks for the info on STSPTSD. I should have tried to "decompose" it.

Yesterday was Live 318 Iron legs followed by Power hour abs. I was able to go havier than Cathe on certain moves. I'm not too sore today.

Have a great day!
Nathalie
lavna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 08:07 AM  
Mickey12

ChelePA I will join you for Cathe's Cardio Fusion for Fun Friday. However, I can't commit to the full 71 minutes of it. But who knows? I might surprise myself since I recently did Viper, Imax Extreme and a Hardcore workout. Thanks for the suggestion!

Did you see my question upthread about Winston's puppy training? I was wondering if you're doing individual sessions or group sessions.
Old 01-14-21, 12:40 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Kate, thanks for the "V" explanation. I know Vytas has a bunch of V practices on Udaya -- I suppose they could be as you said, or vinyasa as I guessed, or he could be really egotistic and named them after himself. Totally kidding because he's the amongst the last yogi who I would guess to do that!

Garrie, you and I are Gym Styles twins this week! Today was Legs for me -- I think I will be sore tomorrow from the floor work. Is it my imagination or does Cathe's newer stuff have way less floor work than she used to do? I think that's correct, and since I tend to stick to her newer things, I'm not used to it. Oh, and I used to love the ballroom dancing stuff in Tortoise/Hare -- those were my favorite of the sort of original firms, I think! Put a smile on my face.

Sorry for the STSPTSD confusion, Nathalie!

I'm up for Cardio Fusion tomorrow. Funny, my first thought when I read 71 minutes was "I wonder if there's a shorter premix" but then I thought nah, I can do it! Why not?! I'm sure I'll have the time.

I'm definitely back in funk mode, so thinking that some of you might be, too. Sending big hugs to help myself and anyone else who might need them! Thanks for being here for me.
Old 01-14-21, 12:42 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh, duh! I wanted to tell you guys that I followed Legs with a Travis practice. I decided I need to get some use out of that cheap Inner Dimensions subscription I got and I saw that they have a 30 for 30 program. 30 minutes for 30 days. I won't do it consecutively but figure those would make good add ons. Today was the first day -- intention and boy it was hard to stand on one leg for very long after GS Legs!
Old 01-14-21, 01:35 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

ChelePA: I like TBGS. I also did one of them on Cathe Live when I subscribed and really liked that one too. Just a good format.
I have a rebounder and it sits in the corner gathering dust.

horusosiris: I always feel like I need a bigger rebounder as I feel like I don't have enough room. But I don't use it anymore anyway.

Kim: I'm afraid I got rid of all my Powerstrike and Ilaria workouts.

kittybug: I actually have a lot of instructors that I love but I have found that after the chronological rotation in 2020 that I love how my body reacts to her workouts.

bee: the "V" in Vytas' practices, like V25, is for Vytas. It was the ego.

Hi cat, Garrie!!! And anyone else I missed.

Cardio Fusion. That was one of Cathe's workouts that I was avoiding. I may do it tomorrow with you guys?

Today I did MBF Day 9 Core Circuit + Day 11 Core Circuit. Same format alternating 2 rounds of cardio with 2 rounds of core. A little bit too much repetition here but still ok. It sounds like next week may be even more of the same so I may skip those. We'll see. It's all good, solid fairly low impact cardio and the core work is good.

More Power Yoga this afternoon. HUGS

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 01:36 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Oh, duh! I wanted to tell you guys that I followed Legs with a Travis practice. I decided I need to get some use out of that cheap Inner Dimensions subscription I got and I saw that they have a 30 for 30 program. 30 minutes for 30 days. I won't do it consecutively but figure those would make good add ons. Today was the first day -- intention and boy it was hard to stand on one leg for very long after GS Legs!
GREAT set!!!!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 02:54 PM  
Mickey12

Bee I'm sorry you're in a funk again. It's definitely been hard. I hope you can come here for some distraction and encouragement. I know being a part of this group sure has helped me this past year.

I have to tell you that reading your posts definitely puts a smile on my face. You really crack me up at times. I find your style of writing so amusing sometimes. So, please don't stop participating here. I would definitely miss you.

And yes, we CAN do 71 minutes of Cardio Fusion tomorrow. We can cheer each other on.

Tags
watulan check-in