Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-31-20, 11:17 AM  
fanofladyvols

cataddict I'm like roadrunner waiting to ring..beep beep zip tang!!

BUT kittybug are we posting here or are you starting a new thread in the check in forum?

kate I have several Cathes I picked up over the last few months based on reviews from the enablers here

bee and horusosiris ok I don't care for Dasha...sorry Dasha. We would prob enjoy prattling to each other shopping for leggings though. I just can't take a class with you

manley I appreciate you helping me with my kettlebell education....a girl's got to know her bells!! Stay tuned for more exhausting questions.. haha!

Everyone, you don't have to commit to a time to participate in the NY marathon...you just post in the thread when you workout during the NY. It's fun to see all in one place what everyone did on the same day!

Ok I will be telling stankfest 2020 'Buh-Bye!' by dressing up, making fun drinks and appies and exercising at different times tomorrow!

HAPPY NEW YEAR
to my Watulan friends
and FABULOUS FIERCE FITNESS GODDESSES!!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-20, 12:03 PM  
horusosiris

I did Cathe Live 328 Upper Body Shred this morning with Cathe. It was about 50 minutes of upper body work. Cathe used moderate weights but I used moderate to heavy weights, depending on the exercise. At several places throughout the workout, I felt that it was too fast paced (she rapidly jumps from exercise to exercise) and this is especially so between the transition of exercises. Cathe does have a white board of the exercises in front of her but it would have been helpful if we could also see it so that we knew what was coming next. In a few places I missed a rep or so because I had to get the proper weight selection. Some exercises she repeated (especially in the chest and back segments) and others she did not. I know that others complain that Cathe overworks the shoulders but I almost never feel that way, however today I definitely felt that she did shoulder overkill. She did one segment of shoulders which i felt was overkill in and of itself and then believe it or not, later in the workout she went back to shoulders (with light weights).
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-20, 12:04 PM  
horusosiris

When we did chest and back, the shoulders did their fair share of work, so why go back to shoulders again? I am not sure if she rushed because it started late but it was a marathon and endurance type workout. Cathe did seem a little down today. She was not sullen or anything but something was missing from her usual upbeat self.
At the end, she wished all of us a better and healthier new year. Perhaps, like so many of us, she is experiencing pandemic fatigue?
Old 12-31-20, 12:05 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hello Watulan Fierce Goddesses!!

I got swamped yesterday trying to get a project done and dealing with a computer on the fritz which I'm still trying to fix today, arg!! I'm SO READY for this year to be OVER WITH, how 'bout you all??

And I so agree, this group has been the BEST thing about my entire year. I had no idea when I first posted about my silly rotation way back ages ago anybody would even read it or care let alone JOIN IN and make this group what it's become, a constant sense of support and encouragement with a heavy dose of enabling, hah hah hah, so I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart (though my wallet doesn't, just sayin')!!!!

I passed on all the fist-bumps to Mr. Kittybug regarding the jeans, and trust me, I'm never going to outlive his continual "I told you so" and "You should listen to your husband more often" and the like. FN2, like you, I gave up on jeans ages ago and was mostly wearing leggings but I was tired of that too because even some of those have gotten saggy baggy!

KateTT, I so want a RWH 2. I seriously love that entire set and plan to revisit it soon. One of these days I simply must register on Cathe's forum and post these things. I can't be alone wanting that!

FN2, I am SO NEEDING the recovery week next week! The Mess 2 Week 4 legs wiped me out again yesterday. You are crazy fierce adding extra cardio after that! One more workout to go and we'll be two-thirds there, woohoooo!!! The Bell Mistress is ready to go, hah!!

Speaking of, you gals are a serious wealth of knowledge and have my head spinning on all the kettlebell stuff. FOLV, keep us posted on what you end up with, just don't fling any of those bells at us thinking they're cowbells!!

Horusosiris, I'm the least photogenic person EVER!! I hate having my pic taken and selfie isn't in my vocabulary, hah!! Did you try out the Live this morning?

Way to GO Kim on passing 300 workouts!! Very impressive and you surpassed your own goal! I never thought about tallying that up...I should go through my workout log and do that.

Manleym, don't you HATE it when you find a brand or something that fits and works and then they go and change it!!??? You're killing me with your Live reports because I miss it! I just want to wait until STS is over before signing up again, sigh.

Bee, I'm also kinda skeptical about losing the dread factor with certain workouts! I might, might, might do Cardio Core Circuit today because I've been putting it off and it's on that list. Or I might find something else that's FUN instead as it's the last day of the year. It is snowing and I foresee Shovel Max in my near future and that's not terribly fun.

ChelePA and Nathalie, hope you are doing well!!

Oh, and YES, it's time, let's start a new check-in thread tomorrow and leave this Moby Dick behind with a fond farewell, shall we? What are we going to call ourselves? The Fierce Watulan Fitness Goddesses of 2021?

Happy New Year's Eve, everyone!! Hugs and fist-bumps all the way around!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-20, 12:08 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Horusosiris, we posted at the same time! Thanks for the Live update. That makes me sad to hear Cathe seemed down. This year has really been, well, what was the name of that wine FN2 ordered? Yeah, that.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-20, 12:08 PM  
horusosiris

Good bye to 2020. I won't be sorry for you to leave! Here is to a much better 2021 for everyone and especially the Watulans. This is my sincere hope and prayer.

The dreaded internal 500 error. I had to post in sections. When do we start the new thread in the check in forum section?

Linda- I agree about Dasha. she is too talkative for my taste.
Old 12-31-20, 12:32 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Linda, you're so funny! Loved your Dasha comment! I forgot how polarizing she can be but gosh you have got me wanting to do kettlebell stuff again, so.... that might happen.

I like Watulan Fierce Goddesses for the name and yes, someone should start that new thread tomorrow! Good-bye 2020!!! And yes, I agree that you guys are in the best category! You've really changed my life getting me back into intense workouts again. So much fun!! Love all the notes and stories of life that we trade.

Speaking of that.... oh why are our husbands full of attitude when they are right, kittybug?! I can just hear mine under those circumstances (though he would never dare to order jeans for me!).

Bummer about your workout being discombobulated this morning, horusosiris (well, and the posting error, too!). I imagine Cathe is probably feeling the weight of all of this too -- must be hard to be so upbeat all the time.

Kate you asked about how many more Cathe's we have to get through.... I'm sticking (mostly) with Cathe -- but then I didn't really do the journey the same as you. For my Throwback Thursday today, I told you guys I would do Supersets, but.... last night I realized I never did High Step Challenge so that was my workout today. Wow, I loved it! I remember you had that reaction, too, right Kate? Because I had made a mental note to do it and then I never did or I did some short premix maybe. I really liked the entire thing though I had planned to do a short yoga after and I just felt DONE so no yoga happened.

Is it a stupid question to ask if anyone is doing anything special tonight? Nothing going on here! Sometimes I watch Love Actually on NYE, so maybe. I did notice it looks like they are doing a follow on to that movie (where are they now?) that looks like it could be fun. Due out in March, I believe.

Congrats to everyone on all your hard work and progress made this year!! Everyone is rocking it! And that's in spite of injuries, hard mental times, not being able to do regular gym routine, etc. Way to go, Fierce Watulans!!
Old 12-31-20, 12:47 PM  
horusosiris

Oh! Watulan Fierce Goddesses!

Bee- We are having a family Zoom movie watching marathon tonight. We had to vote for our favorite TV episode and we will watch the episodes together in our favorite PJ's. DH and I voted for a Cosby show episode, another voted for a Honeymooner episode, and another a Lucy show episode. The younger ones voted for Sesame Street episodes and a can't remember the rest. We will all have popcorn, soda, chips and cheese melt, candy and anything else you can buy at a movie concession stand, in addition to wine, champagne etc. Honestly, sometimes when we do this, we talk more than watch. The kids and teens sometimes do a concurrent zoom and watch their favorite episodes. We usually stay up watching stuff and laughing until 4-5am. The younger ones, of course, are out for the count by 1am, if they did not sugar themselves up with all the treats.
Old 12-31-20, 01:10 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Nothing much going on here. All the bars are closed in MN due to covid shutdown but I don't go out anyway. I might splurge and buy a little bottle of bubbly but I doubt I'll even make it until midnight. Especially if I drink anything. LMAO!

I'm all for watching Sesame Street!

Looks like I'll continue on into 2021 with Cathe but I'm also going to start the Beachbody on Demand Muscle Burns Fat series. I've previewed a couple and it looks good. So mixing MBF and the Cathe's I have left.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-20, 01:29 PM  
Mickey12

Bee we’re not doing anything special tonight but we never really celebrate NY eve so it’s no different this year. I will probably be asleep by 10 pm.

horusosiris as expected your family has a great zoom idea for the celebration. Sounds like such a blast!

Regarding Cathe’s live workouts, I’m amazed she can do so many and still come up with different names for them. That is sad that she seemed a little down today. But she’s human like the rest of us. She’s entitled to it, especially this year. COVID fatigue is definitely real.

It’s too early to post my workout for the day. I’ll report later. Happy New Year everyone!

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in