Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-21-20, 05:15 PM  
Hsim

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
If you do photo cards(we have never done them) at what age do your kids stop having to be on.them? We just received a photo card from a couple with a 21 year old son. The couple is smiling and the poor son looks like he is having root canal done.
I know. I just received a card from my BIL and SIL. There is a photo of my 2 nieces (26 and 23) and the dog. I said why don't they just give it up already.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-20, 05:23 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsim View Post
I know. I just received a card from my BIL and SIL. There is a photo of my 2 nieces (26 and 23) and the dog. I said why don't they just give it up already.
LOL! We also received another card from friends (they are not in the picture) of their kids that are 16 and 18, but they have beautiful natural smiles in the photo.

Our son hates getting his picture taken as much as my DH and I do, so we promised him we would not torture him with doing cards. When we had friends visiting from out of state a few years ago, they insisted on someone taking a picture of them with my DH and son (I was not with them) and then put it on Facebook without saying they were going to do that . My husband and son were really pissed! I think since we've had facebook I've put two photos of my son on my page-his first day of middle school, and when he met Bryan Cranston. I thought that was worth sharing, but I asked his permission to do so both times and he was okay with those.. We respect his privacy. I'm sorry for getting off topic. I just feel sorry for kids who's parents share things without considering how the kids will feel about it now or years from now.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-20, 06:33 PM  
Gams

I don’t know why so many people refuse to believe someone when they say, “Please don’t take my picture - I HATE having my picture taken.” My stepmom was always taking pictures, even when you asked her not to, she would get right up in your face so you could almost see your nostril hairs in the photo. Then she’d tell you you don’t take a very good picture. It drove me nuts, so we were out at my aunt’s one time and she was taking a bunch of pictures and for one, she kind of squatted down. I got behind her and pretending to take a photo of the same thing she was, I instead positioned the camera directly behind her butt and got a beauty of a shot. A few days later she was on the phone laughing and saying she got some really bad shots of me. I told her, “Just remember one thing - I was taking photos that day, too.”
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-20, 06:36 PM  
sherry7899

Gams, that is hysterical!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-20, 06:53 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Yes! I love sending holiday cards! I used to send over 100 every year, but after realizing that I didn't receive many cards back, I cut down the list. This year, I sent a lot of cards, to cheer people up. I also sent a lot of holiday ecards.

My favorite cards were always Papyrus, but they went out of business. I stocked up on cards last year, so I have enough for a few years.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-20, 07:56 PM  
jusca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I don’t know why so many people refuse to believe someone when they say, “Please don’t take my picture - I HATE having my picture taken.” My stepmom was always taking pictures, even when you asked her not to, she would get right up in your face so you could almost see your nostril hairs in the photo. Then she’d tell you you don’t take a very good picture. It drove me nuts, so we were out at my aunt’s one time and she was taking a bunch of pictures and for one, she kind of squatted down. I got behind her and pretending to take a photo of the same thing she was, I instead positioned the camera directly behind her butt and got a beauty of a shot. A few days later she was on the phone laughing and saying she got some really bad shots of me. I told her, “Just remember one thing - I was taking photos that day, too.”
LMAO!!!! This is pure comedy. I am rolling so hard at this story! The " beauty of a shot" line got me cracking up.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-20, 02:16 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

My cousin has not received her holiday card that I sent about three weeks ago.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-20, 01:02 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
The mail this year is the worst of any year I can remember! All of my 2-day Priority packages took weeks to arrive!
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-20, 01:29 PM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
The mail this year is the worst of any year I can remember! All of my 2-day Priority packages took weeks to arrive!
I recall when I was a kid, there were sometimes two mail deliveries a day during the holiday season.
Old 12-31-20, 05:28 PM  
DCW

I received a card from my aunt. I just found out we have been using her middle name! The return address had her first name. LOL!!!!
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
christmas cards, holiday cards, off-topic