Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-04-20, 02:07 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

CS 1302 (just the standing portion)
Trifecta Pilates - Yoga Pilates Fusion

I will take a walk or something later today, it s just too nice out not to!

There are things I should be doing around the house, but don't want to! LOL!

Dana - hopefully everything will work out w/ Basil. So hard to see our fur babies grow old.

Cheri - way to go on finishing the PBL challenge!

Carol - nice workout!

I'm not sure what I'm doing this week or tomorrow, LOL! I think just bouncing around seems inevitable to me. I am a bit inspired to do some of Pahla's workouts this week, I watched her live Q&A and she inspired me...but you never know what I will feel like doing tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-20, 04:58 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

40 min step while watching Survivor

I kept this workout mild and gentle but still it beat sitting down.

Dana, that sounds pretty good! One of our cats is over 16 and I'm surprised she's doing as well as she has. Her last daughter (she had one litter 14 years ago) recently died of old age but she somehow keeps going.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 05:51 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday's workout was

Walk - 35 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Rise & Shine Retreat, day 4 - Embrace & Empower - 15 minutes

The walk was just a dog walk, so I don't consider it cardio; maybe it qualifies more as a strength workout just controlling the crazy dogs.

Donna - I'm bouncing around too right now. I noticed that Michelle is doing a live Pazaz and Strength workout today; I'm assuming it will make it to her website at some point so I can do it. That sounds fun to me. Thinking about starting Lauren Gleisburg's beginner strength plan today, along with regular walking and Pilates Nest right before bed. We'll see. I always get inspired when I watch one of Pahla's Q & A sessions.

Brenda - you must be talented. I could no more watch a TV show and do step at the same time than I could watch TV and fly at the same time. That would be a recipe for a fall.

Waves to all ~ happy Monday.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 07:41 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I ended up adding on Pahla's 20 Min Total Body Toning for Beginners - it was unweighted and good for beginners, I also walked my doggie.

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen's Slim Sculpt

I was going to do a Pahla B workout this morning, but I like Ellen's mix of workouts for this week....Slim Sculpt is sneaky, too, lots of reps w/ those light weights.

I may take a walk at lunch today - it is nice out and we have to take advantage of it when we can...I'm dreading the winter months with COVID, at least during the spring/summer we have been able to get outside.

Carol - sometimes I wish I could find a focus, other times, I'm pretty happy to do 'whatever" each day.

Brenda - I would have a hard time stepping and watching TV, too!

Waves, everyone,

Donna
Old 10-05-20, 11:45 AM  
cherimac

Double post.
Old 10-05-20, 11:46 AM  
cherimac

PBL Toned in 10
Walk

I needed quick and effective today. My goal for October is to walk daily, and so far so good!

Dana-thinking of Basil.
Old 10-05-20, 04:06 PM  
fanofladyvols

Carol I took a few days off as well. I noticed I only took one day of rest the whole month of September so I just enjoyed my family.

Dana my kitty loves ice in her water bowl. Whenever she starts to act mopey I put crushed ice in there and she perks up.

Cheri walking daily sounds like a great goal.. especially in the lovely fall weather.

Brenda I can foam roll and do pilates whole watching TV but that's about it.

Donna Slim sculpt is in my untried..trying to figure out how to plug those in is hard since I try to have strength separate from cardio right now. Is it an all over strength-ish workout?

Today was S90 Legs with 10 MS Dance it off and Tone it up butt and thigh segment as a warm-up. Although it had lots of lunges it went by quickly and I enjoyed it.

Have a great rest of your Monday everyone!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-20, 05:41 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workouts were

Walk - 30 minutes;
Lauren Gleisburg - Chest, Triceps & Abs - 30 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Rise & Shine Retreat, day 3 - Stretch & Soothe - 20 minutes

As PahlaB would say, "whew doggies" I am sore this morning from my weight workout. Lauren's plan called for 3 sets of 15 reps of each exercise, but I only did 2 sets. I didn't want to hurt myself.

I love fall weather - although it was 90 yesterday when we walked.

Donna - I remember saying in March and April "thank goodness this is happening at a decent time of year when I can get outside on the porch and walk, etc., etc., etc.,." Never really dreamed we would be dealing with this still in the fall (and for the foreseeable future). At least things are more back to normal out here than they are where you are.

Waves ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-20, 07:22 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Let's see...yesterday DD and I took a walk in the afternoon, so that was my "extra"for yesterday.

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Dancing Barefoot - this is one of her "older" streaming workouts, some say it is repetitive, and it is, but that is sort of what I like about it - you get into a zone. It isn't a super challenging workout, but good for some gentle movement.

Yoga w/ Adriene - Yoga for Hips & Low Back Release - this was "scheduled" today on her October calendar, and I did it not too long ago and enjoyed it, so I put it in for today.

Hope to walk later, too!

Cheri - that is a good goal and I have managed to walk every day in Oct, so far, too!

Carol - sounds tough, and yes, I remember when we thought this would blow over in a matter of weeks...but, truly, i see it being years - maybe not in "lock down" but w/ masks, social distancing, etc. I know there are better treatments now and a vaccine looks hopeful...but I just figure it is going to take time for everything to normalize.

Linda - I would say Slim Sculpt is like the FIRM's Aerobic Weight Trainng/4 limb stuff. There are times during that workout that my HR gets high from the combo of the weights and large range of motion movements.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 10-06-20, 08:27 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

GHUTV Walk & Tone to the Max - 40min. I like this one and I need to do more strength workouts. I started to do ePilates and about 5 min into it - just gave up. I've been very unmotivated and wishy-washy with my workouts lately.

Basil's thyroid labs came back normal. Seems it's his kidneys that are deteriorating but the rest of him is in good shape. We'll be keeping an eye on him for any signs of trouble (he's got none now) and will take it from there.

I gotta run to the office this morning. Check back later. Waves!