Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-16-20, 07:46 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Let's see -- yesterday I set another meeting for myself at noon and my DD and i walked Summer (our Golden) for a bit - i also did manage to do Emma/ePilates Barre Challenge Day 2 - which was ab work.

Today, not surprisingly, I succumbed and joined Essentrics Streaming for a month - so this morning was:

Cardio Blast w/ Sasha - this was a standing and floor routine, a bit faster paced, particularly in the standing portions.

I succumbed b/c I really feel so much better when I do CS regularly and I'm thinking that having a plan/subscription may help me to be more consistent. It isn't that I don't enjoy their method, it is just that I like to do a lot of things! So, I think for now, my plan is to try to follow the 30 day plan that came out in April - it includes a morning and evening workout and I am going to try to get them both in -when I can - not making myself crazy. And, then try to fit in some cardio and strength too. In January I mixed CS w/ Jessica Valent's calendar and that went well - so I will probably do the same here.

I am also going to continue to set a meeting w/ myself during the work day to take a 30 min break - whether it be to go for a walk or to do something other than sit at my desk.

Carol - that is interesting about "keto flu', I had no idea.

Re: food/diet stuff - that is where I need the most improvement. I am basically a lazy cook - and therefore I'm much more likely to cut corners and grab something that is easy/fast over prioritizing health/nutrition. I really do need to change that, though and honestly, it is a routine - if I get a handle on a handful of quick and healthy options I know I can do it. I used to do meal prep on the weekends, but I fell off the wagon on that - it got to be that it took on a life of its own and my weekends didn't feel like time off but a massive to do list to get ready for the week ahead. You would think w/ working from home I would take more time w/ meal prep - but that hasn't been the case.....

Glad you are enjoying SS so much, Linda!!

Dana - good luck w/ the tracking!

waves, everyone -

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-20, 08:31 AM  
cherimac

PBL Spring into Summer Sculpted Arms
PBL Badlands Butt

Off to work!
Old 09-17-20, 05:58 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday's workouts were

Cathe - LITE Rev'd Up Rumble, Timesaver #3 - 28 minutes;
Faithful Workouts - Stretching with the Hymns - 10 minutes or so

I survived Cathe's cardio - only because I did a timesaver premix - but found myself really wanting a dose of Michelle's positive, uplifting, messaging, so I did her stretch routine right before bed. This is one that was filmed on the beach somewhere - looks like Mexico to me - and is done voiceover with just Michelle and her husband. Nice traditional hymns (i.e., Be Thou My Vision, etc.) performed in slightly less traditional fashion. I think, at least for now, I need to find some mix of the two workout styles. I'm not "man enough" to do Cathe's stuff all the time, but I want more traditional weight work than Michelle does, so I need to figure out a blend of the two.

Cheri - Nice job!

Donna - Good job taking care of yourself. You'll get your money's worth out of the CS streaming. I do believe you and I are cut from the same cloth. I am the most lazy cook - I hate spending my time to cook. I would rather almost do anything besides cook. I have made myself fix breakfast and lunch though (just one dish each) on the weekends and then I pretty much eat them the rest of the week. I seem to be able to manage that.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-20, 07:33 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

Yesterday DD and I walked our Golden in the evening and I also did Robin's Day 3 Challenge.

Today, so far has been:

Essentrics - Calorie Blasting & Lower body w/ Gail.

Later today I will either catch up with ePilates barre challenge, Robin's challenge or a walk.

I also did schedule another meeting w/ myself for yesterday afternoon and spent 30 minutes catching up on housework. I think w/ the continued working from home, this needs to be a habit I keep up with, otherwise I just end up sitting at my desk all day - and it actually becomes unproductive as burn out sets in. If I were working in the office there would be natural breaks, plus, if the weather was good, I would almost always go out for a walk - so - I'm going to keep doing this!

Carol - Good job w/ Cathe. I'm eyeing up the Faithful Workouts DVDs I purchased last month and I may pull them out soon - maybe this weekend or next week. I also saw on Michelle's site that she is planning an "over 40" challenge starting Oct 1st. I will have to look into it! I should follow some of the nutritional parts to her challenges, they are usually easy enough to do - like eat a certain number of veggies, drink a certain amount of water, etc. Honestly, I should just follow her weekly meal plans! And, yea, the cooking thing. If I don't HAVE to cook and I'm doing it by choice I don't mind doing it, but if it is just another "to do" I hate it. It is also hard b/c we don't eat together as a family during the week due to my DH's weird work and sleep schedule. So during the week it is just my DD and I and she is still a very picky eater. I don't understand where she gets it from but - she only likes certain things prepared a certain way, etc., etc. so it challenging. I, for one, can eat pretty much the same thing day in and day out if it means I don't have to think too hard about it!

Nice work, Cheri.

I must admit, I'm tempted by Pilates by Lisa....maybe one day I'll subscribe and try it out again!

waves, everyone,

Donna
Old 09-17-20, 11:35 AM  
cherimac

Pilates by Lisa Spring into Summer Abs
PBL Sculpt and Firm Leg Workout

Donna~so many things to try, so little time.
Old 09-17-20, 05:12 PM  
fanofladyvols

Donna I feel your pain..DD is picky and my husband has dietary requirements that are all hard to manage with the way I'd like to eat.

Carol the comment about being man enough made me laugh. I do wonder if Jessica Smith or KCM is what you're looking for though.

Lifted weights with my daughter using KCM Bodyshop #2 and JS WS3 Add on abs. Then did my SS Mix it up. Probably my favorite SS even though I had to sub in exercises bc the shoulder raises were a little excessive. Skipped the 2 min abs section, too. I think part of why I like this one so much is the mix of bands, cardio and longish warmup and cooldown.

Waves to Dana, Christine, Cheri and Brenda!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 05:58 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Thursday's workouts were:

Faithful Workouts - Portugal Wine Cave TBW - 24 minutes & Yoga in the Meadow - 12 minutes

I thoroughly enjoyed both of these new to me quick workouts. Michelle packed quite a lot in the Portugal Wine Cave - an interesting setting with BIG wine casks - this was more like an interval workout than her usual TBW style. We alternated intervals of drill-style cardio with band work for most of the workout; toward the end it was just strength work and she burned my muscles out on a few exercises.

The Yoga in the Meadow video was really just stretching with a few yoga-style poses - very nice for a right-before-bed routine. The instrumental relaxing piano music was excellent, as was the setting - in a large, open, lush mountain meadow with bigger mountains in the background. It was raining (typical afternoon mountain shower, not pouring rain) during the filming but they persevered on. I bet they were really cold after they finished. It brought back memories of being in similar places with similar showers back in the day when I was married and spent a lot of time in Colorado. Both of these routines are ones that I will definitely return to.

Linda - Not Jessica's strength stuff, it's a little too quick for me. Maybe some of KCM's earlier work - just the mainly strength routines might be good to add in twice a week. Her later stuff feels harder to me - I don't know if she's gotten harder or I've gotten easier. Probably the latter. Mercy! Did you do all that in one day???? I would be finished.

Cheri - Good work!

Donna - My son is also a picky eater, but he has gotten better over the years. I'm the same as you, I could eat the same thing very day if it meant less cooking or thinking about what to cook.

Waves to all ~

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 07:20 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday afternoon I did Emma's Day # 3 of the barre challenge which was legs. it was a good routine - really hit the hamstrings! After work DD and I walked our Golden.

Today has been:

Ellen's new Walking with Weights - I saw this one was up on her site and decided to try it out. I really liked the music in it - the workout was good - but not remarkable, if you know what I mean - how man different variations of walking and weights are there? Still, it was a nice routine to do - I got about 4,000 steps from it and Ellen was her usual zen self.

Robin's Pilates Strong Challenge Day 4 - Flexibility - this was a quick routine and worked well after Ellen's standing work.

Carol - those sound like good workouts - at the moment I am considering doing the DVD workouts I purchased last month and then starting her Over 40 challenge for October, but, as you know, LOL, all is subject to change!

Linda - wow, that was all in one day?! I think Mix it Up was a favorite of mine, too. The longer ones - Tear and Shape, I dreaded. You are making me want to re-acquire these - LOL! Thinking I could split them up over two days. but, honestly between streaming and my DVD collection....I probably don't need anything else!

Yes, Cheri! I guess it is better to enjoy and want to do too many forms of exercise than no exercise at all!

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna
Old 09-18-20, 09:51 AM  
fanofladyvols

Carol and Donna it was all in one day. I think the longer SS workouts allowed me to do it. It was therapeutic mentally...like gives a whole new meaning to physical therapy if that makes any sense.

Carol KCM'S newer stuff is harder because of the types of compound movements and pace. Not sure if they're as safe as her older ones too. Plus her older ones I feel are better at building strength. Her newer ones feel like they're aimed at stamina/carb burning. Can you tell I prefer her older DVDs? I agree that JS can move too fast. I think it suits those trying to pack a punch in a short amount of time. Oh and the setting of a wine cave in your workout sounds fabulous! Very cool.

Donna I know what you mean about how many variations of walking with weights can there be? I think the market is saturated with that. At this point, it's just about wanting a different face to look at when you do it, lol. You have so much variety with your streaming and DVDs, I doubt the SS would be something you would return to if you repurchased. I can't really explain why I'm enjoying the series so much myself.

I will come back and edit or post again what my workout is today.

Hugs all around!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 11:32 AM  
cherimac

PBL Spring into Summer Leg Fix
PBL Everyday Essentials Arms

Food: My DD and I want variety, and my son and DH would eat the same four meals over and over.

So, my IF has helped somewhat. I've lost about 3 pounds in the last three weeks. I used to lose much more quickly, before menopause. Ugh.