Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-01-13, 04:36 PM  
andtckrtoo

I love Zumba. This is my Christmas present to myself. I just bought it. Kind of like Beachbody checking out, though - lots of offers.
Old 12-02-13, 12:13 AM  
boukilisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
hi - my comment was based on the clips. i don't have this new step series yet. the clip seems like the Exhilarate music, though.
Thanks.

Quote:
Edited to Add: YouTube has a lot of the music samples for anyone who is interested. Just type in "Zumba Music", hyphen, and then the song/segment name.
Thanks!
Old 12-02-13, 03:11 AM  
sm4987

I ordered Saturday night. I told my husband it was my gift to myself for Christmas. I'm looking forward to a whole new crop of workouts for the new year to keep things fresh and the weight loss moving!
Old 12-09-13, 10:00 PM  
andtckrtoo

Okay - I got these and Zumba Max, which was an add on workout that was marketed as a toning work out, but to my pleasant surprise, it's another higher intensity Zumba workout.

I'm previewing all of these, and I think my favorites are going to be Zumba Max and Super Cardio Dance. The step workout looks pretty low intermediate for step. (I'll know more once I do it - maybe it's one of those sneaky ones). Kass is adorable as is Ricardo in Super Cardio Dance. Was Ricardo the one who did Boogie Dance in Mix? I have a crush on that guy as he looks like he's having so much fun! The bursts are 30 seconds and pretty intense, but doable. These are filmed more like traditional videos - there is some weirdness like they will suddenly go black, white and neon green - but for the most part those bothered by the flashing lights in the Exhilarate series will be okay. I haven't previewed the shorter ones, but I think I'll get a lot of use out of this set. I think these is extremely TA compatible, too.

Some of the songs are on the Zumba Wii Core games. But the moves are different.

Edited to Add - Beto really needs to get new pants. What's with the sweat pants? Ick!! He's built very nicely, but you'd never know in these videos.
Old 12-10-13, 02:39 AM  
sm4987

Thumbs up

I ordered the Zumba Max and did it today. It was so much fun. This was well worth the add on. I was a sweaty mess and that wasn't giving it 100%! The music and moves are terrific. I can't wait to do the rest of the workouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
Okay - I got these and Zumba Max, which was an add on workout that was marketed as a toning work out, but to my pleasant surprise, it's another higher intensity Zumba workout.

I'm previewing all of these, and I think my favorites are going to be Zumba Max and Super Cardio Dance. The step workout looks pretty low intermediate for step. (I'll know more once I do it - maybe it's one of those sneaky ones). Kass is adorable as is Ricardo in Super Cardio Dance. Was Ricardo the one who did Boogie Dance in Mix? I have a crush on that guy as he looks like he's having so much fun! The bursts are 30 seconds and pretty intense, but doable. These are filmed more like traditional videos - there is some weirdness like they will suddenly go black, white and neon green - but for the most part those bothered by the flashing lights in the Exhilarate series will be okay. I haven't previewed the shorter ones, but I think I'll get a lot of use out of this set. I think these is extremely TA compatible, too.

Some of the songs are on the Zumba Wii Core games. But the moves are different.

Edited to Add - Beto really needs to get new pants. What's with the sweat pants? Ick!! He's built very nicely, but you'd never know in these videos.
Old 12-10-13, 08:01 AM  
andtckrtoo

Zumba Max does look like it will be a blast! So excited for that one. I previewed the 30 minute one, too and that looks good as well! I think I'm going to be thrilled with this one. Instead of two workouts I'll do consistently, I'll do most of these.

I also ordered UFC Fit, so it should be an interesting rotation in the next few weeks...
Old 12-10-13, 08:31 AM  
3ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
The price will definitely go down but usually after a year or so. I suckered myself into buying Exhilerate when it first came out at over $100. I will never do that again!

You and me both. Ugh. I will wait a year or more to get this.
Old 12-10-13, 08:33 AM  
3ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
I also ordered UFC Fit, so it should be an interesting rotation in the next few weeks...

Ooooooohhhh, do let us know what you think about UFC Fit. That one I am really interested in.
Old 12-10-13, 10:04 AM  
boukilisa

I can't find the clip for Zumba Max. Can someone post a link? Thanks!
Old 12-10-13, 02:22 PM  
bolieikl
VF Supporter

I did Zumba Max this morning. I thought this would be my favorite, but now I think the Cardio Party one is. The "Cardio Party" has some intervals in it. I think it was more intense. But I did it while I was sick , so maybe it will feel different the next time.

I did the Zumba Step and added on the 20 minute one on Sunday. The "Zumba Step" was pretty low intensity. I did like the 20 minute one.

Yesterday I did the 30 minute Burn and it was good too lol I think it was more intense than the 20 minute one.

What truly surprised me was the ab workout on the 30 Minute Burn. I have already done it twice and I love it!! It is done mostly on a chair, partly standing. My core, "love handles" and lower back were all pleasantly sore. It wasn't pain, just DOMS. The chair portion is like a lot of standing ab work, but done sitting. I felt it differently with the chair.

I have already done more out of this set than I did out of the other two sets Heck, I guess I have done all of them. I think I will use these a lot I was very pleasantly surprised

Linda
bolieikl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
step, zumba, zumba incredible results, zumba step