Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-16-22, 04:23 AM  
Helen

Good news, Cleda, but not GREAT news.

Lili - hearing you on being able to keep up with the weeding.

So, life.
Monday, did my workout, THEN drove to Sydney to pick up DD flying in from London. Flight was 4 hours late, so I didn't get home until 1:45am, instead of the somewhere before 10pm that I had planned on when I left.

So was tired on Tuesday. That evening, got a call around dinner-time that a staff member at school from my department took his own life - leaving a wife and 2-yr-old son without him.

Wednesday - school/work was a shambles as the staffer was the primary contact for advice (his major role) for the Yr 11-12 students (jnr/snr) so many were an emotional mess. Though did a 6km walk with school walkers (for those who don't like sports).

Thursday - today. More fall-out / revelations about him.

DH is still away - last weekend was his usual 2 weeks, had mentioned coming home tomorrow, but now won't be until middle of next week, so almost a month.

Have only just been able to get the required work done & walk Alice.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-22, 09:37 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - I'm so sorry for everything! Not only are you dealing with your feelings of loss of your co-worker, but you also need to comfort the students. That's a lot! And to top it off, hubby is away for SO long! Big hugs.
On the positive side, I like that your school gives kids the option to not play a sport, while still getting some exercise by walking.

6/15 - dog walk and gardening.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-22, 02:12 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

6/16 - some Dance Walk with Studio somebody on YouTube
10 Min. Bodyweight Strength with Ben Aldis

Not much, but better than nothing, and I really wanted to do NOTHING!

Old 06-17-22, 10:55 PM  
Helen

Saturday morning.

LILI
Hold onto that "something is better than nothing".

Since Tuesday evening (news of the guy at work), have been very lacklustre; but today I'll pick myself up & get back on track. Have done too well lately to let the herd move in now.

What's going on in our lives is all relative - there is always someone MUCH worse off. Just got off the phone from my sister (remember she was flooded?) - and she's feeling the same. Many people in her area are still not back in their homes so even though she has her own ongoing issues, she's better off than they are.

Take care everyone - tell someone you love them today, and cherish the good in your lives.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 06-18-22, 05:59 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Saturday morning.

Take care everyone - tell someone you love them today, and cherish the good in your lives.
Amen to that!

Helen: I am so very sorry about your co worker. Words are never enough. Kudos to you for continuing your workouts.

Lili: I am NOT a gardner. For those that enjoy it though, I understand! Did you ever get back to a pickleball lesson? How are you feeling?

Me, me and all me.

6/15/2022: Power Zone 60 minutes
endurance ride

6/16/2022: Row

6/17/2022: Pickelball 2.5 hours, Power Zone Denis morton 45 mins. (Zones 4 & zone 1 recoveries), Leanne's Barbara Streisand ride (30 mins.) post ride stretch

Our weather is crazy. Yesterday it was close to 90 and humid. Pickleball was a sweatfest even though we started early. There were 8 of us, so we had 2 courts and constant play. Today? It's 60 degrees and not expected to go higher than 68 or so with a chilly breeze. Go figure. Official start of summer is Tuesday.

Gotta run. Make it a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-22, 09:41 AM  
Helen

Good to see you Cleda!! So glad to see that you're still playing Pickleball.
Thanks for the thoughts. Workouts halted from Tue-Fri (enough to call a herd) but today I was intent on shifting them out.

Saturday
Speaking of weather - rained ALL day, alternated between steady & torrentially LOUD. Still coming in waves now (pushing 1am) = no dog walk.

Anyway - checking in with:
48min, Cathe - Intensity Series - Cardio & Weights - Cardio & Compound Weights Mix

So I got back to a workout today, with Kathryn. Tomorrow, need get back on the Chrono wagon too.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 06-19-22, 08:20 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Sunday Morning

Helen: Good to be back (and will continue!!!) Yes. Pickleball continues. Sometimes tough to find time to play, what with needing other players and my work schedule. Today's big decision - find a sponsor and sign up for the summer session? Or just let that one go. It's down in a neighboring town (about 20 miles?) and honestly? I just don't get down there too often. But they certainly have more chances to play. I should just do it. I think I talked myself into it. We'll see. . . I like my local town (3 or 4 miles away)! but anyway.

Waves to Lili!

6/18/2022: Power Zone Endurance (EDM) 45 mins
. with Ben Alldis. 10 mins. cool down ride (Barbara Streisand with CDE), 10 mins. cool down with Ben Alldis, 5 mins. post ride stretch

Doing great on the challenge. Not sure what today might be. (Rest, pickleball, pz, all of the above? Who knows?!?)

Make it a great day!
Cleda
Old 06-19-22, 06:22 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - Glad to see you started up again! You make very good points about everyone having something to deal with. There is always someone with bigger problems.
Cleda - We rescheduled our pickleball class for early August. I'm feeling good, but I still battle fatigue and I still have post nasal drip and a little sore throat. I was talking to my son's MIL today, and she got it a week before I did and still has the fatigue. It's not a daily thing, but it's there and annoying. At least I am retired and can just rest when I need to.

6/17 - dog walk
30 Min. Walk & Run w/ Jon Hosking
10 Min. Post Run Stretch w/ Ben Aldis
6/18 - hike with hubby, just under 3 miles plus a dog walk later
30 min BodyPump 118
6/19 - dog walk (extra tired today)

Old 06-22-22, 04:59 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Can't leave you ladies hanging....

So I better check in.

Lili: I am sorry that you are still getting fatigued. What a great attitude though. Glad you rescheduled your pickleball lesson! I just signed up for the summer/fall session, so I'm good to go till Dec. with my one group. They have many opportunities to play that fit with my work schedule! (and it takes prime time over the courts.) so even on days I work until 3 p.m., I can scoot down and play (4-7 p.m.)!!! I'm glad I did. I went and played with them on Sun. and it's a good group. So far? There's over 76 people who have registered. Which is mind boggling to me because we have good turn outs, but never 76 people. (usually around 12-16 !!) I suppose since there's so many available time slots it avoids having too many people at once.

Helen: Waving at ya! Hope you're muddling through.

Me, me and all me ....

My back is twingey. Threatening to go out for several days now. I hate that feeling. I don't want it to go out. It may be from pickleball and the courts. (I'm honestly not sure. Weird it starts Sun. a.m. with pickleball having been Friday. And I have done ZERO weights for it to be from deadlifts or kbs, etc.) It started on Sun. morning (and I went and played anyway!) I am saying it's from the AC kicking on while I was on the bike and blowing on my back when I was sweating. Must remember to turn AC off when I workout. (I usually do so I don't throw a breaker - but the Peloton doesn't pull power like the tread. But then again, It can't be good for my back.) That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

6/19/2022: 2 hours of pickleball with the league (and registered for summer/fall)

6/20/2022: 30 mins. Power Zone ride, 5 mins. cool down ride (to make sure that I stretched my back and cooled down properly!) & post ride stretch

6/21/2022: 15 mins. Hydrow Back & Hip Mobility

I was going to do something when I got home last night, but honestly? Never got home till about 7:00 p.m, by the time I started dinner, got my laundry going, etc. . . it was far too late. . And I had no energy. Work drains my energy some days. And the last two days have been that way.

Gotta run. Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 06-23-22, 06:25 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - I'm glad to hear you signed up for pickleball again! You really seem to enjoy it and it's cross training, right?
Waves to Helen!

6/20 - dog walk
Run in the park, 2.87 miles, no walking, but pretty slow pace.
6/21 - dog walk
Hike with hubby, 2.8 miles (same route as Monday, but different GPS readings)
6/22 - Hike with hubby, 4.02 miles
6/23 - dog walk
KCM's Split Session #1, upper body

We were looking at our itinerary for our trip to Yellowstone in a few weeks, and realized that one day we are hiking 6-8 miles. Hubby plays golf and walks the dog with me, that's it, so I'm trying to get him ready! We've been lucky with lovely weather, so that helps. We were panicking when Yellowstone flooded and closed the entire park last week, but it looks like we will be fine.

Tags
daily, every day check in, everyday, everyday workout