Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-01-06, 08:08 PM  
angel nee nee

FirTV and Discovery Health... are they the same thing?

I'm curous... I heard when FitTV used to be discovery health. (Discovery health turned into FitTV.)

I do not have a cable right now, and when I called a cable company in my area, I asked if they have FITTV, and they said no, but they do have discovery health. Are they the same thing?
angel nee nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-06, 08:16 PM  
Mary09

Discovery Channel owns Fit TV and Discovery Health, two separate channels, at least on my cable system.
Mary09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-06, 08:18 PM  
angel nee nee

Bad news for me.
angel nee nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-06, 09:09 PM  
Pykkalo

Not at all the same thing. Discovery Health has shows on plastic surgery, childbirth, emergency rooms, and so on. FitTV has a handful of exercise shows (Cathe, Gilad, Sharon Mann and a couple others) and shows on diets, fitness equipment, athletic training and performance (I've never watched those programs, I've only seen them in the channel lineup).

I don't think FitTV is all that great, they're repeating the same shows all the time. I've seen just about everything I want to see on it, and the workouts are always the same few ones.
Pykkalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-06, 09:44 AM  
Sollamyn

Cable and satellite companies will do that!!

When I was shopping for a satellite company to replace cable, I didn't see Fittv listed in a package I was considering. When I asked about it, I was told that 'such-and-such' (don't remember the name of channel) was the same as Fittv. But when I did some online research, it turned out to be a shopping channel!! I was really mad that either they lied or they don't know their own product. Obviously, I didn't sign on with that company.

And, yeah, I agree that Fittv is not ALL THAT! It will get repetitive after you've watched it a few weeks. But then, occasionally they do offer a new program. I remember when we were all excited about All Star Workouts--and then Namaste Yoga.

S.
Sollamyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-06, 11:36 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I don't think Fit TV is worth it either. I was quite hooked on it when I first got it but it got old fast. I would rather spend my money on quality dvds that I choose for myself or even a gym membership.