Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-18, 09:07 AM  
anetta

I am glad you are ok.

Please let us know what dvds you would like.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-18, 09:19 AM  
bubbles76

Julie, I am so glad you and your family, to include your remarkable Gracie, are okay! I've been through a house fire years ago. In fact, I was pregnant with Tiny Bubble. Lost pictures, books, my favorite stuffed animals that I had planned on passing on to Tiny Bubble. I no longer have my baby album; thank goodness my mom saved some pictures but the sense of loss is overwhelming! Do post a list. Please don't feel selfish. We are all here to help.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-18, 09:36 AM  
owltx

Julie - I am so sorry this happened to you and your family! Thank goodness for Gracie; what an amazing, incredible dog!

I want to echo what PP's have said: please, post a list! We totally get it; it is a real sense of loss and we would love to help you build your library up again. You are going to need it to destress as you move forward!
Old 12-13-18, 09:51 AM  
Exercise Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Aw (((Julie))), I’m so sorry! I know you’ve been through a lot this past year. I’m so glad you and your family are safe. and (((hugs))) to Gracie for that! I have a big box of DVDs I was planning to donate as I’m so into downloads & streaming now. Send me a PM of what your interests are. I’d love to sift through them and send you a care package.
Julie, ditto for me too. Let me know. By the way, I totally get where you are coming from - that would be a real loss for me as well. Glad you are all safe though.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-18, 09:57 AM  
Izzy

Julie,

I am very sorry for you and your family. You are blessed to have such a smart dog who was looking out for you. I am very concerned about those smoke detectors though. Something needs to be addressed about that to your landlord.

Whatever you need let us know.

I work in a library and as I was passing the copier the other day I saw a man with his head down staring at 2 pictures. I asked if he needed help with the copier and he said yes but when he looked up he had tears in his eyes. There were 2 photos, one of his wedding day with his bride and one of when he was in the Army in Vietnam and he was with his troop. He said his basement flooded and they lost everything except he was able to salvage these two photos and he wanted copies. My heart broke for him. After I assisted him I told him where to go get digital copies where he can keep them in a safe place.

I hope you will be able to find somethings you can salvage as well.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Mary
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-18, 11:39 AM  
LizEMA

Julie, you are not sounding ungrateful at all! That is a huge loss, which takes a large psychological toll on someone. Being able to salvage or replace some of the things you lost could really help both mitigate that and begin to bring you back to a sense of normalcy. It is not selfish to want to get those back, especially because it's not JUST about the DVDs/material things.

You were not wrong that VFers would ABSOLUTELY understand that particular loss.

Take your time to compile your list (or do it piecemeal, updating it as you remember titles), then come back here where VF will be waiting to do what it can to help you.

I'm so glad you and your family are all okay, Julie. Hang in there! {{{Hug}}}
Old 12-13-18, 11:41 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Julie, so glad you & your family are OK. Thank God for Gracie. I also have lots of DVDs to share. Please post a list!
monterey vidiot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-18, 11:48 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Yes do post a list Julie!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-18, 11:59 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Ah Julie, I'm so sorry. Thank goodness you and your kids are safe. Yes, please post that list of DVDs you love most!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-18, 12:07 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

So fortunate that you and your loved ones are okay...and you have a good doggie too.

Adding to the chorus about posting your list. I'll be doing a New Year's purge/reorg or my exercise space and would be happy to pass on some DVDs.