Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-24-15, 09:35 PM  
bonbon

I started a blog!!!

For years and years I have followed fashion and other blogs. I follow the fashion ones because I work retail and have to keep up to date with what's current, but as I've gotten older (I'm 48), I can't really find many that I can relate to. The most popular blogs are Twentysomehings who are wearing head to toe designer, posing in some exotic location. That ain't me.

So, I've decided to start a blog for us hip middle-aged gals who are interested in relatable fashion, fitness (there is a shout out to videofitness.com), and life events that are relevant to us over 40. My blog is not fancy, my photographer is my 15 year-old son who has to work off the debt of a lost spanish book! Truth be told...I can't afford to go on any exotic vacations (and won't for some time) because I have 2 kids in college and an expensive high school band kid!

Call it a mid-life crisis or something else, but I have a desire to be relevant even though the season of youthfull beauty and energy have long since past. I'm excited to see what's going to replace it!

http://gracefulmiddleaging.com/ See you there!
bonbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-15, 10:51 PM  
Sharaz

congratulations It look nice and I like your jumpsuit. I love jumpsuits and rompers

I am 39 and fashion is one of my interests. I don't believe it will fade with age. My mom is 74 and still buy nice clothes, shoes, and purses.
Old 07-24-15, 11:12 PM  
smilingwolf

Very nice blog. I especially enjoyed the posts on fashion.
smilingwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-15, 12:26 AM  
dfrank

Hi, I'm 39 too, and I like what I see of your blog so far. I hope you do some makeup posts at some time. Thanks for sharing!
dfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-15, 08:30 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I enjoyed your blog. I'm 48, too!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-15, 08:35 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Kudos on your blog! Great home gym you have there. Mine used to look very similar (kettlebells, bosu, fluidity bar, rebounder ) but I got rid of my BOSU and rebounder earlier this year.
I like your take on fashion.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-15, 08:43 AM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

I've bookmarked it so I can check in later. So far, it looks great!
Old 07-25-15, 08:57 AM  
bonbon

Thank you ladies! Will do posts on make-up, fashion, fitness, and life musings, just because we reach a certain age doesn't mean we stop being interested in these things. I just think we need to make our presence known because we tend to get quiet as we get older. At least I did.
bonbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-15, 09:16 AM  
TinierTina

Wow! You went the full monty on your blog.

You have a full website of your own, and not a website which in its address immediately suggests it is a sub-location of a host such as Wordpress or Tumblr or Typepad or BlogSpot ... Is this possibly because you want a minimum of ad revenue to go expressly to you and not to them?

At one point I had wanted to be a beauty blogger [long time ago] like you are! But I experimented with two very heavily moderated blog-hosts (of rather specialized commercial interests) ... until a year ago, I felt I had finally outgrown them ...

I really love the blog I do have now, but it is obviously hosted and is after the result of much growth in my blogging itself (long, sordid story ... not a beauty blog, either. Its format makes it nearly impossible to be!) Anyway,
tone more important than subject for me.

I learned and learned and learned from other bloggers ...

It is neverending and tough, though—that learning. And I've seen the far side of 45 for years!

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-15, 10:45 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Great! I look forward to reading it!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote