Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-13-18, 10:01 AM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
Thanks, but the thought of leaving the house to workout is even less motivating. Thank you though!

I like the idea of walks, but it’s also so cold here. I guess it could also be some SAD...
I am in Illinois as well and lately there has been this gloom over the state where we are hardly seeing any sun. Last night I messaged my daughter how much I hated this time of year. I work 2 jobs and average 60+ hours per week. But lately been feeling like I am personalizing everything and my motivation is low. I do take walks. Even in the cold. I just bungle up. I need sunlight to help with depression and this time of year there is so little. I think walks is the best. Just try to get outside 30 mins a day and hopefully we will see some sun soon.

Mary
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-18, 10:53 AM  
mamaste

Do you watch TV? I have this Leslie-esque indoor walking routine I like to do while watching TV. I use the Gymboss app for the intervals, but any interval timer will do.

Indoor Walk:

March 02:00

Side Step 02:00

March 01:00

Knee Lift 03:00

March 01:00

Kicks 03:00

March 02:00

You could modify the moves however you want.
Old 12-13-18, 01:22 PM  
Sharaz

If I’m in a funk I revisit workouts that made me happy, brings good memories or did frequently during hard times helping me to get back on track. Maybe think about a series you enjoyed in the past.

Some of my happy memories workouts:

Shawn T Plyometric Cardio Circuit
Michael O. Aero Jump/Sculpt or any (his workouts are zen to me)
JNL Fusion just because is fun, don’t feel I’m working that hard and got excellent results.
Cathe Low Impact Circuit

I go on autopilot with the above workouts.

Hope you feel better soon!
Old 12-13-18, 02:09 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Sue I also have a light box in my room and turn it on in the morning.

If I'm in a funk, I put on my ski pants and coat and go for a walk, do a CS episode or Ellen Barrett.

I like all of those workouts and they are happy places for me.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-18, 10:16 PM  
Edie

Hi Sue-
Health bouncing on a rebounder then if you feel like it you can always do more - lots of youtube rebounder workouts. I like David Halls 10 minute workout kind of follow along but a little disjointed. I just continue one exercise until the next one is on.

you don't have to leave the house if you have rebounder!
Edie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-18, 06:20 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edie View Post
Hi Sue-

you don't have to leave the house if you have rebounder!

AMEN!

I do feel so much better mentally and physically after a bit of health bouncing to pumping music

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-18, 07:01 AM  
dnna

I have tried doing a rotation when I am at loose ends/not motivated. Two that made me happy - and got results-21 day fix21 day fix extreme and Jillian Michaels first set. The workouts fly by- short and wow, it is over and you got a good workout in. also I think Jillian is funny in these but not everyone likes her style. I always follow Kat in 21 day fix. both cheered me up considerably, I didn't have to think about it, or plan a workout, it was just already programmed.
I have some injuries =for a while now- and I have been doing Jane Adams lying down yoga segment on her Gentle Yoga dvd. It helps me mentally -calm,happy and has made major changes in my physical body, which no one could ever have made me believe a 30 minute yoga workout could do. particularly torso and thighs? why after years of the firm? dunno!
good luck and maybe try just one yoga every day or the rotation so you don't have to think about what to do and get stuck!!don't overthink it! just press play and good luck
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-18, 08:47 AM  
donnamp

Sue - I have been in a funk, too - I think it is the time of year and also feeling a lot of pressure/stress/not enough time....

I just succumbed and signed up for a free trial of Walking On Line Workouts - they are indoor "walking" workouts but they are done with no verbal cues and have good music and pretty scenery. While walking outside is nice, during this time of year I have a hard time getting outside - it is either too cold or too dark. I do try to walk outside mid-day during my work day, but sometimes that is not possible if I have a lot going on or meetings scheduled.

Anyway - I did one of her workouts yesterday - Peace On Earth (she has a bunch of Christmas/Holiday themed workouts) and it was a nice one to do after a long and hectic day.

The free trial is 7 days - the monthly cost is $9.99 - so not bad!

https://walkingonlineworkouts.vhx.tv/

She also has a You Tube channel with the same name if you want to check her out before you subscribe.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-18, 09:01 AM  
horsemom2

Wow

All of the workouts from her previous Dance Faith Fitness youtube channel have been moved to her WOW site.
Val adds a new routine every week.
It will take over 2 months just to visit what is already available.
Be sure to click on *see all* for her amazing site.
https://walkingonlineworkouts.vhx.tv/walking-workouts

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-18, 09:43 AM  
TracyQ

Hi Sue—Sorry to year you’re feeling down. Walking outdoors always lifts my spirits and I walk outside year round and have for years. I used to consider myself a cold weather wimp but found if you dress correctly for the weather it’s not uncomfortable at all. I walk on my lunch hour (I walk in whatever bottoms I wear to work that day and change out of my regular bra and top into a sports bra and long or short sleeve tees or turtlenecks depending on the weather). Once I get going I find I warm up pretty quickly.

I listen to audible books when I walk (and only allow myself to listen if I’m walking). I love listening to books and look forward to it. Right now I’m listening to some of Reese Witherspoon’s audible book club recommendations and am really enjoying them.

Take care of yourself and remember whatever you decide to do...this to shall pass. Hugs.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote