Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-11-18, 08:19 PM  
antbuko

I want to read Roger's book! So far it's gotten good reviews.
Old 11-11-18, 08:21 PM  
antbuko

Re Live Aid, I googled how much the tickets were. $35! Can you imagine?
Old 11-11-18, 11:45 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
If anyone is a fan of The Who, Roger Daltrey is going to be on CBS Sunday morning tomorrow. He will likely discuss his biography which was released recently. I'm reading it now
i used to own the 2-LP set of Tommy from the movie. it came with the lyrics and i would sing along. i also liked their rendition of pinball wizard from the original LP recording.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-18, 07:30 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
Re Live Aid, I googled how much the tickets were. $35! Can you imagine?

Can you imagine what they would cost now! Friends of mine were at Live Aid in Philly. I would have loved to be at the London concert since I am a British music geek.

Tomorrow is the anniversary of Freddie's passing.

Apparently Micky Dolebz wandered into a local to me record store today!
An IRL friend who is a vf member lives near the store . I am going to ask.her if she happened to be in there.

Does anyone have concerts coming up? We saw The Alarm last week and we are seeing Lindsey Buckingham next Saturday.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-18, 06:12 PM  
sherry7899

I am glad we have seen both The Zombies this year, and Stevie Nicks solo a few years ago. Now that both are in the Rock Hall of Fame, their concert ticket prices will likely both go up.....oh, well!

Lindsey Buckingham was fantastic!

We don't have another concert until February unless something pops up unexpectedly. We are seeing Colin Blunstone, the lead singer from The Zombies do a rare solo concert.

Helen, I started Roger's book, but got sidetracked by library reserve books. I hope to get back to it soon. I have enjoyed what I have read so far, though.

Old 12-26-18, 10:23 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

a week or so ago, i was in Banana Republic and heard two Christmas songs that sounded like they were recorded "recently" as they sounded updated. usually, i can google the lyrics and find it right away, but since these are standards, it was really hard. perhaps you all could help me find it or a website that can help. i went to cduniverse.com which has a good inventory of song titles, but it didn't help.

i even tried to see if Banana Republic had their playlist online, but no dice.

1. Winter Wonderland in a minor key, female singer, acoustic guitar. this is NOT the Goldfrapp version - i found the Goldfrapp version in my google search.

2. Silver Bells - male singer. nothing unique about this song, it just sounded cool.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 12-26-18, 10:33 AM  
sherry7899

I can't put sound on now because my DH is working near me, but is it Sarah
McLachlan's version of "Winter Wonderland?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUbqt4nVTJE

ETA:

Banana Republic actually has a Christmas cd, but I don't see "Silver Bells" on it:

https://www.allmusic.com/album/in-th...c-mw0001448652

Old 12-26-18, 03:07 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I can't put sound on now because my DH is working near me, but is it Sarah
McLachlan's version of "Winter Wonderland?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUbqt4nVTJE

ETA:

Banana Republic actually has a Christmas cd, but I don't see "Silver Bells" on it:

https://www.allmusic.com/album/in-th...c-mw0001448652
no, it's not Sarah. I'm a Sarah fan, by the way. Sarah's is in a major (vs. minor) key and has other instruments.

i also saw that CD too, online, and saw what you saw. most retail establishments rent a playlist of music that they play in their stores. they're free to play their own music, of course.

I think I'm going to search companies who rent music to retail establishments.

Old 12-26-18, 05:00 PM  
sherry7899

I wish I could figure those out, Jeannie.

Old 12-26-18, 07:19 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

bzar: Could this be what you're looking for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkNw8BUhBdo

Tags
music, music geek