Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-17, 04:26 PM  
Leonana

Jessica Smith's You Tube HIIT's, especially Bootcamp Boogie. However, they are more intermediate level, which is where I'm at on a good day, lol.
Old 09-10-17, 09:45 PM  
LizEMA

I ADORE Cathe's Tabatacise (surprised no one has mentioned it, yet! ) and Ripped with HIIT Plyo (as was mentioned upthread).

Quote:
Originally Posted by owltx View Post
I have thought of trying Tony Massenburg's Ignite - would love to hear thoughts on this if anyone has tried it.
Stephanie, I love this workout! It's a LITTLE short for me -- at the end of it, I feel like I can do more (I WANT to do more), but it is a solid workout that will WORK you out. And, I just love Toby. So, I would recommend this, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by owltx View Post
I use Cathe's HIIT the most of any other HIIT - I probably use Pyramid the most, because I can use it on travel, then 40/20, then 30/30. These are all awesome, in and out in exactly 30 minutes with warm-up and stretch, and really get the heart rate up.
I also agree with Stephanie's reccs for Cathe's HIITs (Pyramid, 30/30, 40/20). I would also throw in her Cardio Core Circuit. (Can you tell I'm a Cathe girl? ) LOVE, love love that one. Some of the moves really catch up to you and have a delayed effect!

Stephanie also mentioned some premixes from Crossfire and To The Max. I've only ever done those in their entirety, but, they are both great WOs and most definitely worth checking out the premixes. Also mentioned upthread was Cathe's RWH Low Impact HIIT Workout #1. You can tack on another short WO if the 28 mins. isn't long enough for you. It's not her most intense offering, by any stretch, but it will get your heartrate up!

Also, if you want to delve into the streaming world, Cathe has some good HIITs on Cathe Live.

Oh! And X10! I don't think this can be classified as traditional HIIT, but, I LOVE this WO. SO. Much. Fun! (And, it's certainly high intensity. Maybe not done in standard intervals, but this WILL make you breathless!) There ARE weighted segments throughout (IIRC, I think each "x10" uses weights at one point or another), but Cathe chapters so well, you can just choose one of the premixes and forward past any moves involving weights. I only recommend it because X10 is so fabulous and really worth getting, IMHO.

Oh! And, speaking or breathless, Amy Dixon's Breathless Body 2. Another great WO. I generally hate tabata workouts, but they way Amy sets it up and varies the moves, it's not nearly as monotonous as other tabatas (like ::cough:: the first Breathless Body ) and is actually quite enjoyable.

(PS I HAVE Mindy's Intensity Overload Without Toys, but I've never done it. Womp, womp. LOL)
Old 09-11-17, 07:22 AM  
owltx

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
Definitely a leg burner. It is pretty much pure cardio. She does have an ab hiit segment. I don't really like it though. There are different hiit segments w/different time frames for work and rest. 3 or 4 segments I really like. Its been awhile since I have done this, but it's a little different and fun.
Thanks marki, it looks like I am definitely going to have to check this one out. She has some great sales, so I think I will put this one the list for her next sale (if I can wait that long )

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizEMA View Post
Stephanie, I love this workout! It's a LITTLE short for me -- at the end of it, I feel like I can do more (I WANT to do more), but it is a solid workout that will WORK you out. And, I just love Toby. So, I would recommend this, as well.
Thanks for the feedback LizEMA. I came *this* close to ordering it on Mary's last sale, which ended last night. Now I will make sure it goes on the list for her next sale.
Old 09-11-17, 10:19 AM  
Cecelia

Quote:
Jessica Smith's You Tube HIIT's, especially Bootcamp Boogie. However, they are more intermediate level, which is where I'm at on a good day, lol.
Thanks for the recommendation, since that's my level, too!
Cecelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-17, 11:05 AM  
AnMrsDe

Oh ya! I knew I was forgetting a lot: X-10!!!! XTrain Tabaticise (esp. the Step Blasts Only premix 2x) & All Out Low Impact HiiT!!! Love 'em all!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-17, 01:02 PM  
treytop
VF Supporter

I've been doing Lucy Windham-Read's Youtube workouts. She has a lot of 4 minute HIIT workouts that I like to use to add on to other workouts.

Christie
Old 09-11-17, 01:25 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I'll have to look into this, as I would classify myself as intermediate when it comes to HIIT. I just can't handle so much high impact, which is what most HIIT workouts are these days. Any other recs for high intensity, lower impact workouts?
Old 09-12-17, 06:39 AM  
Sandrine

Another vote for Cathe's Cardio Core Circuit, which I just received through a vf trade, and love! Great variety of moves, so well-paced that it's over before you could decide to dread anything, yet challenging. I'll probably never really master this one, but I'll definitely improve my cardio endurance while trying.

Also a fan of Gin Miller's old Step Reebok Intense Moves , which is quite easily modified, impact-wise.
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-17, 07:53 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Millionaire Hoy

Millionaire Hoy does free Hiit workouts on Youtube. Lengths vary fro 10-60 minutes. Intensity from beginner to extreme. Some include strength work some are all cardio. Some use weights, some use body weight only. There's hundreds of workouts on his channel. He's motivating, doesn't yell and genuinely seems like a really nice guy just trying to do good in the world. No music, and I thought that would bother me, but I actually like it. You could easily add your own.

Yesterday I did his new 60 minute stretch. I feel awesome today. I'm hoping to do it several times a week.

I highly recommend.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-17, 08:32 AM  
Calistro

Please keep the suggestions coming, even though I am not the one who started this thread, but I meant to ask the question for a friend. Especially for youtube hiit workouts.
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hiit, millionaire hoy