Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-10-15, 07:31 AM  
owltx

Bubbles-

I just finished up with STS as well, and started back last week after my rest week. I did what Jane P. suggested and am mixing it up with total body as opposed to splits, and concentrating on a month of metabolic. I am going to do a month of two weeks up upper body/lower body splits, and two weeks of total body. My workout week then would be two days of weight training, two days of cardio, and two days of metabolic. This also gives me chance of working out with a variety of instructors so as to avoid "sole instructor" overload. So far it is a welcome change.

HTH,
Stephanie
owltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-15, 10:37 AM  
bubbles76

Stephanie, I like it Can you give me your schedule? A general template and one with examples would be great! I have some short metabolic workouts that are itching to be used. Would KCM Slim Sculpting fall into metabolic? I have that one and want to try it, but not sure how to fit it in.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-15, 12:35 PM  
owltx

Bubbles -

Sure, I would be happy to - please review and if you think it can be tweaked better, let me know! I do include some Cathe, which I know you were hoping to avoid, but you can sub. My "definition" of metabolic is anything that uses weights to get your heart rate up but not heavy enough weights to count as weight training. Very scientific, I know. My workout week is Tues-Sun. I work out early morning, so during the work week you will notice I have to keep to "quiet" workouts, so no step or kettlebells - that is why you will see them exclusively on sat or sun.

I don't have Slim Sculpting, but I checked out the video and I think this could definitely fit in this rotation as metabolic. Of course, since I checked out the clip, now I want it! How do you like it?

Weeks 1 and 3:
Tues - Cardio w/hitt or intervals plus stretch: Example Cathe HIIT Pyramid + Travis Elliot Short and Sweet #1 Yoga
Wed - Weights Upper Split: Example Cathe TBT Upper or Leah Sarago Ballet Body Upper
Thurs - Weights Lower Split: Example Cathe TBT Lower or Leah Sarago Ballet Body Lower
Fri - Metabolic: RWH Circuits Upper Body or Cathe X10
Sat - Cardio: Amy Bento Advanced Step Challenge 2
Sun - Metabolic: Paul Katami Kettlebell Drills or Konnect w/Core

Weeks 2 and 4:
Tues - Weights TotalBody: Amy Bento SloMo total premix
Wed - Metabolic: Michelle Dozois Peak 10 Strength Interval or AfterBurn
Thurs - Cardio hiit or intervals: Amy Bento Hi-Lo Extreme
Fri - Weights TotalBody: Cathe Muscle Max
Sat - Cardio: Seasun Z Z-Fit Step + Shiva Rea Shanti Yoga
Sun - Metabolic: KCM 30 mtf L.I.F.T. both workouts

HTH,
Stephanie
Old 08-10-15, 03:07 PM  
bubbles76

Stephanie, I like it! I'm also incorporating a little Amy Bento into my rotation. Gotta have her for the fun factor! I think I may even put in some Seasun step. Still looking for the strength workouts. I want them to be workouts I haven't tried as well, since I'm going through my collection.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 08-10-15, 03:54 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

bubbles- have you thought about the Edge Booty Extreme workouts (especially #2). I have a feeling that would be right up your alley since I know you really want to work your lower body and build muscle. I just got mine today!
Old 08-10-15, 05:52 PM  
bubbles76

Colleen, Edge Booty Extreme sounds great, but I don't think I'm in that league. Not yet anyway
Old 08-11-15, 12:25 PM  
bubbles76

Okay, inspired by everyone, but special shouts to Stephanie, here is my rough after STS rotation. Does it seem balanced?

WEEK ONE
Cardio – Gin Miller Simply Step – 30 minutes
Upper Body – Amy Bento – All Pump Xtreme Timesaver Upper Premix (39 minutes)
Lower Body - Amy Bento – All Pump Xtreme Timesaver Lower Premix (48 minutes)
Cardio – Mindy Mylrea Med Ball Madness (30 Minutes)
Metabolic – Mike Donavanik Extreme Burn Metabolic Conditioning – Workout 1(45 minutes)
Rest Or Yoga
Metabolic – Mike Donavanik Extreme Burn Metabolic Conditioning – Workout 2 (45 minutes)

WEEK 2
Cardio – Gin Miller Intense Moves – 30 minutes
Total Body – KCM Cardio/Sculpt Fitness - Sculpt Mix (43 minutes) - Warm Up, All weights, abs & stretch
Metabolic – Mike Donavanik – Extreme Total Body Interval Training – Workout 1 (42 minutes)
Cardio – Mindy Mylrea Cardio Toolbox (Kickbox Step And Power Hi/Lo) (around 35 minutes)
Total Body – Amy Bento Slo Mo Strength – Total Body Challenge NRG Premix 1 (47 minutes)
Metabolic – Mike Donavanik Extreme Burn Total Body Interval Training – Workout 1
Rest Or Yoga (42 minutes)

WEEK 3
Cardio – Seasun Zieger – Straight Up Step – 30 minutes
Upper Body – Amy Bento – Slo Mo Strength Short on Time Total Upper Body – 30 minutes
Lower Body - Amy Bento – Slo Mo Strength Short on Time Legs and Core – 45 minutes
Cardio – Powerstrike 5 – 35 minutes
Metabolic – Cathe To The Max – 30 Minutes
Rest Or Yoga
Metabolic – KCM Slim Sculpting – 39 Minutes

WEEK 4
Cardio – Amy Bento ASC4 - 35 minutes
Metabolic – Mindy Mylrea Intensity Overload – 30 Minutes
Total Body – Jari Love Lean Machine – Strength Only workout (30 minutes)
Cardio –Amy Bento Hip Hop Walk (35 minutes)
Total Body - The Firm Tough Tape (45 minutes)
Metabolic – KCM Slim Sculpting – 38 Minutes
Rest Or Yoga

All fun, new to me workouts or premixes, coming in at roughly under 45 minutes. The plan is to maintain strength, while increasing cardio endurance.
Old 08-11-15, 02:48 PM  
owltx

Bubbles-

This looks great to me! Week 3 looks like fun, fun, fun! I will say a word of warning on Amy's SloMo; I forgot just how intense this is on legs - you may not want to follow this up with anything too plyo-intense in case of soreness. Or maybe that is just my fear of how my legs will feel tomorrow morning - they are already tweaking a bit from SloMo this morning. Loving the use of premixes in this rotation!

-Stephanie
Old 08-11-15, 05:32 PM  
wellnesswife

I think CLX to gain even more strength, workouts are close to 30 mins esp if u skip warmup or cooldown, you could even use her sheets to do sets once you have done the DVD through, she gives a lot of instruction, but you are supposed to lift slow! Or I think JMBR or body shred, little equipment is quicker for me when i have less time & I know after STS, you may be looking for that!

Just to add, I like to jog for cardio. So I do strength rotations only, I am currently halfway through CLX, then plan on Body Beast, then STS. Only because I feel like I could then revisit Body Beast to gain more strength??? If someone has any thoughts on this let me know
wellnesswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-15, 01:40 PM  
rheash92

This is a great rotation. Thanks so much!
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
after sts, fun short workouts, short workouts