Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-07-21, 07:30 AM  
buffmama

Sandy - Did you sign up for Trifecta's long class? She's having another one if you didn't and are interested. You get a replay that is good for a maybe a week if you can't make the live class. I was thinking of doing the first one tomorrow.
Old 05-07-21, 07:36 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Sandy - Did you sign up for Trifecta's long class? She's having another one if you didn't and are interested. You get a replay that is good for a maybe a week if you can't make the live class. I was thinking of doing the first one tomorrow.
I hadn't signed up for either. I didn't even read the emails. Let me know how it is.
Old 05-08-21, 01:27 PM  
SandyO

I thought week four of EPIC HEAT was heating up....week 5 is a scorcher! I am pushing myself every workout.
Old 05-08-21, 07:02 PM  
Helen

OH yes! I'm on board for the 5K run - aiming for 31st of July!
Buff - thank for giving your times (and yes, I'm definitely slower) - but having a target to chase is SO much more motivating.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-21, 08:14 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
I thought week four of EPIC HEAT was heating up....week 5 is a scorcher! I am pushing myself every workout.
My arms, my leg, oh my. Apparently this never gets easier. Oh yeah, that's when we're supposed to up the weights. Ha! A heads up the new Trifecta seems to be a shorter viewing period. I will be doing it tomorrow.

Helen - Now I'm just going to be imaging you Vannie and Sandy chasing me while I run!

Happy (human and fur baby) Mother's Day to all! I think I'm going to do Mother's Day meditations and yoga all week. Sometimes 1 day just isn't enough. Sigh.
Old 05-09-21, 12:36 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
My arms, my leg, oh my. Apparently this never gets easier. Oh yeah, that's when we're supposed to up the weights. Ha! A heads up the new Trifecta seems to be a shorter viewing period. I will be doing it tomorrow.

Helen - Now I'm just going to be imaging you Vannie and Sandy chasing me while I run!

Happy (human and fur baby) Mother's Day to all! I think I'm going to do Mother's Day meditations and yoga all week. Sometimes 1 day just isn't enough. Sigh.
The previous Trifecta window closed, but I got the one from yesterday done just now.

I hope by July 31 I'll be chasing you and not just shuffling along.

It's a beautiful day here, so I guess that's my gift.
Old 05-09-21, 06:03 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
The previous Trifecta window closed, but I got the one from yesterday done just now.

I hope by July 31 I'll be chasing you and not just shuffling along.

It's a beautiful day here, so I guess that's my gift.
Is the Trifecta worth doing tomorrow AM?
Garden walk with Mom was my gift. Thankfully we both enjoyed that and each other.
Old 05-09-21, 07:52 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
Is the Trifecta worth doing tomorrow AM?
Garden walk with Mom was my gift. Thankfully we both enjoyed that and each other.
I wasn't wowed by it, but you've been more into pilates lately than I have been. It was full body and had different moves from her usual fare, so that's a plus.
Old 05-10-21, 06:19 AM  
Helen

BUFF
Hope the image of being chased is good motivation! I've changed my main running app to give me voice-feedback with pace every minute!!

My 'big thing' for my b'day from DH has been to alter the squat rack that he built me years ago so the bar height is adjustable - overhead (pullups) through to quite low (incline pushups), with bench press, ballet barre, & squat rack heights in between. It's been a total rebuild.

I LOVE that he can do things like this - the design, welding, oxy-cutting, etc., and it's painted in gloss white enamel & has nice rubber stoppers on all the cuts ends. Very professional looking - and custom built for ME!

The gym has now been rearranged & immaculately cleaned as well. I'm SO ready for my 59th year to be more gym-focused.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-21, 06:35 AM  
buffmama

Sandy - I didn't love the Trifecta class either but that doesn't mean I might not have benefited from it. There was definitely the stretch and strengthen aspect of pilates and I'm not as bendy as you.

Helen - Not sure if I'll feel more motivated, I like to run simply because I can. But having you ladies as my company on the track sure sounds like fun. You're gym sounds beyond great - enjoy!

Vannie - I'm still trying to figure out how to add podcasts to my life. There is so much content out there. I started listening to 'podcasts' from youtube in the car and just don't know about adding more.