Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-15-20, 07:37 PM  
donnamp

wishiwasihawaii - I hear you, I'm too freaked out to go out anywhere other than my neighborhood to walk! It has been chilly here.

I am not sure if I'm ready to commit to a formal rotation, but Jessica's looks like a good balance. When I'm stressed I need both something to burn out the stress and something to calm me down. It looks like she has a nice blend.

https://jessicasmithtv.com/calm-and-...ving-rotation/

Oh - news - I applied for another transfer position today - it is within my own department so I didn't have to jump through as many hoops. We shall see what happens -

I understand about wanting to take a day off - even though there is nowhere to go, I would like to not do my work!

I hope everything turns out ok for your SIL's family. I didn't realize NJ had so many cases, I think MD has 9,000 or so now, total. I don't know how they can talk about easing restrictions - it doesn't seem to be improving here.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 09:05 PM  
Leonana

Today was a rest day. Yesterday I painted the utility room. It contains our washer and dryer and also a second food pantry. Although a small room, it really wore me out. Lots of trim and small, hard to get to areas. Now I only have the two bedrooms, bathrooms, and hallway left.

Tomorrow I’m going to paint on the outside for a change, just some touch ups on our front porch, and also the front door. We really need to have the whole outside painted, but can’t afford it right now. But freshening it up will look a lot better. After that I’m taking a break from painting! It has helped to keep me busy, but I’m getting tired of painting.

I’m planning on doing Jessica’s challenge next week and some outdoor walking.
Old 04-16-20, 07:06 AM  
donnamp

Hi -

This morning was:

Jessica Valent - Low Impact HIIT - this is basically a weight circuit - you move from one exercise to the next, no rests, so you do get your HR up.

Blessful Body - Mindful Awareness - this was more of a joint mobility/ stretching workout.

I'll walk later today and maybe a "spark" mid day if time permits. I have a meeting and a training today.

I may do Jessica's rotation next week or not - not sure. I like mixing and matching right now. But, I reserve the option to change my mind, LOL!

Sherry - I bet you are sick of painting! Our house needs to be painted as well - outside particularly but inside, too. We were going to get the outside painted but then this whole pandemic started...we also need to do other work in the house but it is hard to schedule when we both work outside of the house and have dogs! I said we could do all that other stuff when we are retired. Ironically, now would have been a good time to do it - since we have all been home for 4+ weeks - but not thrilled w/ the thought of workers in here during a pandemic plus the interruption of trying to work at home while the house is being torn apart would spike my stress! We need bathrooms and kitchen re-done....

YIKES!

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii, pgun.

Donna
Old 04-16-20, 09:46 AM  
Leonana

Donna, I understand, I wouldn’t want workers here either. I don’t work, so I had to do something, or I would have lost my mind.

I did go to Home Depot more than once buying paint and supplies, and felt horribly guilty. But I’m trying to stay mentally healthy, I had a lot of struggles last year, and don’t want to go back to that. I had a psychiatric ER visit last November, due to a bad reaction due to an antidepressant. It was caused by the drug, but I have an underlying fear it will come back, plus I did have bad anxiety back than. I feel like it’s a balance with no easy answers. I wore my mask, practiced social distance, and went when it wasn’t busy. But still feel guilty because I painted my house. Ugh.

Anyway, on a side note, I think people in my state are relaxing. Last week at Home Depot, everyone was wearing a mask, this week very few. My husband’s work is slowing down, I guess the regular employees are going back to work. The news says the curve is flattening and in our state too, so I would guess that’s why. Our death rate is currently at 121 and our hospitals are not over run. Of course, all that could change, but it seems people in my state aren’t taking it as seriously.
Old 04-16-20, 07:25 PM  
donnamp

Oh Sherry - please don't feel guilty about painting your home!! As much as I complain about work, if I didn't have that structure in my life during this time, I would have to find something to do - the structure and busy-ness of work keeps my mind off the whole virus situation at least temporarily. You shoudn't feel bad about doing that at all!!!

I'm sorry your year was so bad and that is very scary to end up in an ER with a drug reaction. 2019 was a bad year for me and 2020 isn't so great either. There is still a bit going on w/ my daughter that I'm concerned about but it is one of those things that I can't really do anything about - other than to be available to her when she wants to talk sometimes I can get her to talk to me, but other times my attempts just make her shut down more...so I'm being patient and she isn't acting out or anything....just some stuff going on that I hope resolves sooner rather than later.

I just looked at a nationwide map of all the cases and while I knew NY had a lot I didn't realize how many. I'm in the southernmost tip of this New England-Mid Atlantic Hot Spot. wishiwasinhawaii is in the thick of it, too.

I don't think our area can or should release restrictions yet - we're still getting a lot of new cases over 700 between yesterday and today.

Donna
Old 04-17-20, 07:16 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Blessful Body - Barre Blast - this was a short workout just to get moving.

Jessica Valent - Pilates w/ a small ball - I liked this workout, but some parts were definitely challenging and outside of my comfort zone - rollover is one of those moves that I am nervous to do - so I modify. but, it was a good workout and something about Jessica's workouts do always seem to stretch me out and align me. It must be her PT background.

DD and I walked last night....hope to so do again today.

Happy Friday-

Donna
Old 04-17-20, 04:42 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday was painting the front door and trim on the outside. I also painted the trim around the front window. Took about a couple of hours, but now I'm beat! Today is a rest day. I don't think I can paint two days in a week, wears me out. I forgot I still want to do the kitchen, along with the bedrooms and bathrooms. But I'm going to take next week off, and try and walk outdoors more.

Donna, thanks for the understanding! It's hard to make decisions on what to do nowadays, everything seems so weighted. And it's mentally exhausting. I do feel a lot more down on days I don't paint, but I can't paint every day. So, I'm going to try and find some other things to do. I think our governor will follow the President's plan on opening in three phases after April 30, which is when our Stay at Home ends.

I remember age 14 and 15 being the hardest with my daughter. It got better around age 16. She was influenced by other kids on social media, due to insecurity. Once she matured more, and gained some self confidence, it got better. Although at age 19, we still irritate the heck out of her, lol. I've heard they are more pleasant around age 21 or 22. I'll have a full head of gray hair by then! I hear you, 2019 was not a good year, and 2020 hasn't been good for everyone. 2018 wasn't a picnic either, that's when I lost my chihuahua.

I got the CeraVe tinted sunscreen from Amazon today. It is the same color as the EltaMD. I have a little bit of the EltaMD left, so compared the two. The CeraVe is more moisturizing, and the EltaMD is more matte. Once the CeraVe dries, it has a slight oily feel. I don't think I would need a moisturizer with it. But it's not less expensive, it's $15.99 for 1.7 ounces, and the EltaMD is $30 for 3 ounces. I guess a good tinted mineral sunscreen is going to cost a certain amount. Although, I would save on moisturizer with the CeraVe. ETA: I just used the calculator, CeraVe is $9.41 per ounce, EltaMD is $10 per ounce. And I think I’ve developed an allergy to combination sunscreen. Every time I use one, I start itching. Crossing my fingers that mineral will be okay!
Old 04-17-20, 08:11 PM  
Leonana

I posted this on GD, but thought I’d put the link here. Good news, it seems!

COVID-19: Exercise may protect against deadly complication

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_relea...-cem041520.php
Old 04-18-20, 07:58 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Jenny Ford - Step Across America # 2- California (You Tube)
Trifecta Pilates - Pilates Kick Start - Stretch

Sherry - thanks for the info on the Cerave sunscreen. I may try it at some point...I'm still working on getting through some of my open containers here....I do remember when you lost your little doggie - that was tragic. I have had a rough couple of years as well - 2018 was starting a new job, stressful compounded by the dysfunction nature of the office, 2019 was my parents health and my worries about my DD, 2020 continuing issues with my parents plus continued worry about my DD and now a pandemic. I guess things will turn around eventually!!

On happy note - that is good news about exercising! It makes sense, moderate exercise has been proven time and again to be a healthy habit - beyond just appearance or weight loss, etc.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Donna
Old 04-18-20, 04:52 PM  
Leonana

Today was house cleaning and Jessica’s 20 minute barre workout on you tube. It felt good to do a workout!

Donna, here’s to a better second half for 2020! Jury is still out on the CeraVe. It’s fine, but I think I like the matte finish of the EltaMD a bit better

Tags
jessica smith get strong