Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-08-20, 06:10 PM  
Leonana

Today was Fusion Fix Cardio. That really hit the spot for today. I think I'm done with February Fusion, I probably did half the workouts. Well, maybe, lol. But I think this kind of tweaking works for me. I like the accountability of the schedule, and challenging myself, but also making it flexible fits with my regular life. I think I will do the same with the Spring Challenge tomorrow.

Waves to everyone!
Old 03-08-20, 08:02 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post

Pgun, I do have a lot of Jessica's workouts! I was guessing that most people at VF have more dvd's overall than me, including all instructors. I have about three or four non-Jessica dvd's.
so are you saying that you only have 3 or 4 other workout dvds other then Jessicas? LOL Wow. I have way too many and many that I don't do I am afraid of getting rid of because dvds are going out. the ones I don't do are too hard for me right now and maybe even in the future LOL Good for you for not over indulging in workout dvds!
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-20, 08:49 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday DD and I walked in the afternoon - so that was good!

Today was Ellen's Dynamic Cardio. It was a longer workout, but pretty moderate. My only critique was there was a lot of repetition. Ellen does tend to do a lot of repetition and taking it from the top when she does cardio based workouts so it shouldn't surprise me. There were three combos repeated several times. She could have probably added a combo or two and done less repetition especially since the choreography was not tricky. Still, I'm glad I did this one and felt good afterwards. I wasn't sure if I could manage a 45 min workout on the first day back to work after daylight savings time, but I did! LOL!

It is supposed to be nice today so I will get out to walk at lunch. I have to stock up on hand lotion - all this hand washing and sanitizing is stripping my hands!!! From what I understand the shelves are empty of hand sanitizer around here!

We do have some COVID-19 cases here that are close by.

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-20, 05:00 PM  
pgun3

Hey Donna glad you had a good walk with your DD!! I am not sure if the hand saniitizer if off the shelves here...I haven't looked. We have some cases in MI but I am not really too concerned with the virus. I work in a dental office and I am just trying to wash my hands a lot.

No workout for me today....I was too tired to get up, bad nights sleep! UGH
Old 03-10-20, 06:01 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was Jessica Valent - Towel Workout. In this one she uses a towel both as a strap and as a glider. It was an interesting workout - but it doesn't work great on my surface - carpet in my workout room w/ ceramic tile underneath - so being on the tile to slide is too hard/cold but on the carpet it doesn't slide. I modified doing things w/out the "glide" While I like Jessica, I'm finding that many of her workouts are just too fussy for me right now - this one w/ the gliding/sliding and the one I did a few weeks ago w/ the wall. I suppose if I had a different space configuration it would work, but for now it feels too fussy and complicated.

I will do her push-up challenge this evening - it is only 9 minutes....I didn't have time this morning.

Yesterday I did take a walk at work to buy hand lotion. No hand sanitizer or Clorox wipes around here for miles!!

Pgun - I don't know if there are any cases in MI. We have some here in MD and D.C. not sure about VA....with the media hype it is hard to know how worried we should be. To make matters worse, allergy season is kicking in here - so I'm sure there will be a lot of false alarms so to speak w/ people mistaking that for the virus.

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday!!

Donna
Old 03-11-20, 06:47 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I changed gears a bit - at least for today - and maybe for a few days - who knows...

I did:

Gilad - 30th Anniversary Show # 1 - it was half cardio/half lower body & abs floor work. Nice scenery, low dread. Good for a change of pace.

CS 1201 - I've done this before and I have been missing my CS workouts - so why not start at the beginning of Season 12?

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 03-11-20, 02:32 PM  
pgun3

OMGoodness ladies!! I have yet to workout in 3 days and i am REGRETTING it LOL. I have been working out to get my hormones in check and well this morning they hit me FULL force! I woke up and argued with myself to get up be I was soooo tired I didn't. I should have reminded myself the real reason I am trying to get back into working out because I needed it today.

So back to getting up tomorrow LOL Wish me luck!
Old 03-11-20, 02:44 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
so are you saying that you only have 3 or 4 other workout dvds other then Jessicas? LOL Wow. I have way too many and many that I don't do I am afraid of getting rid of because dvds are going out. the ones I don't do are too hard for me right now and maybe even in the future LOL Good for you for not over indulging in workout dvds!
I counted recently, I have five non Jessica dvds, 46 total, and Walk Strong 3 on Purple Player. I know what you mean, I want to get WS3 on dvd too, so I have it! I didn’t start with home workouts until 2012 when I was 52, and did one Jillian Michael’s dvd lol. A year later, I discovered Jessica and you tube, so never really bought a lot of dvds. I have gotten rid of some over the years, maybe around fifteen.
Old 03-11-20, 02:55 PM  
Leonana

Monday I worked on restaining our cabinets. Yesterday, dd and I left to go up north to visit family in the mountains. No workout yesterday or today. Tomorrow we go home, so probably no workout.

I sprained my foot going through my brother’s garage, it got caught on a ramp and I twisted it. It’s not bad, I can walk on it, the swelling has gone down, and so has the soreness. But I can’t do cardio for a few days at least. I see chair workouts in my future.

Donna, Dr. Mike’s you tube channel has a video on Coronavirus media misinformation. I can relate, I don’t like fussy workouts either.

Pgun, I know what you mean. My anxiety and stress are worse when I don’t work out.
Old 03-11-20, 02:56 PM  
pgun3

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I counted recently, I have five non Jessica dvds, 46 total, and Walk Strong 3 on Purple Player. I know what you mean, I want to get WS3 on dvd too, so I have it! I didn’t start with home workouts until 2012 when I was 52, and did one Jillian Michael’s dvd lol. A year later, I discovered Jessica and you tube, so never really bought a lot of dvds. I have gotten rid of some over the years, maybe around fifteen.
I started buying VHS in my early 20's I am 52 now. I have a lot of dvd's now. I really don't know how many. I have a lot of Cathe, The Firms which were my very first home workout purchases. I still have the original Clamshell VHS. I can't seem to part with them! I now have Jessica, Ellen, quite a few yoga that I don't even do. Tracy Steahle (sp?), MD, T-Tap which I don't do, LS, Turbo Fire. I am afraid to part with any because I may get fit again and do them (but I highly doubt it at my age). But I can dream can't I?

Tags
jessica smith get strong