Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-10-15, 05:10 PM  
jmapkob

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrockmom View Post
Thanks for posting this Karen! I remember thinking I'd love to do a rotation with her buns & thighs and her 2 abs dvds if only she'd do an arms workout.
This, definitely. I actually haven't done the buns&thighs or abs ones because of this ...

Would you incorporate the Killer Body DVD into it, or leave that separate?
jmapkob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-15, 08:54 PM  
woodie

This does look good!

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-15, 09:45 PM  
primrosecat

Waiting for Mary to get it.......
primrosecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-15, 04:31 PM  
rheash92

Has anyone tried this DVD yet? Mary is probably not going to carry it.
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-15, 08:48 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I have it in my queue at KineticFlix but who knows how long it will take to get it.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-15, 09:15 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I have tried levels 1 and 2 and they are about what I expected (I really like them!) Like other Jillian workouts, you can't go as heavy with the weights in a lot of cases because she incorporates lower body for a lot of compound exercises. Personally, since I use these as arm day workouts, I'll use heavier weights and cut out the leg part of the exercise in some cases. But a lot of the exercises are bodyweight (lots of plank/pushup type exercises) anyway. She seems to have a good mix of working the back, chest, biceps, triceps, and shoulders. So well rounded!

Like other workouts, Jillian moves from exercise to exercise with 30 second intervals, and 4-5 exercises per circuit, repeated once, then to the next circuit. Each workout has 4 circuits. There is also a good 2-3 minute warm up and cool down/stretch in each workout. Even though it is an upper body workout, your heart rate will get up with all the bodyweight work - there are moguls and donkey kicks and the like that serve as cardio as well as toning.

Jillian pairs standing or floor moves so that it is streamlined and you can transition from exercise to exercise fast (in fact she points out that once you master the workout, to push yourself with no breaks from exercise to exercise). So she'll have you do pushups, then a plank type move, then flip over for chest presses, then chest fly with a boat pose crunch. I noticed each circuit starts with 2-3 standing type moves transitions to the floor for another 3-4 exercises.

Jillian is fairly calm in this one and doesn't yell - in fact she is very pleasant and laughs a lot The production quality is high and the music is okay.

I can see from L1 to L2 that the intensity was taken up a notch, and expect L3 to be even more intense. I would call them intermediate/advanced.
Old 09-26-15, 09:45 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hello, today I did L3 and this was more intense than the other two, although all three are tough! I realize the workouts are more like 35 minutes with the included warm up and stretch. There were more compound moves and tons of bodyweight exercises, some interesting ones like 'rocking sphinx' (IIRC?) where you rock from an upward dog to raising your legs in the air, using your hands to propel you. It works your triceps and back in an interesting way., although some will think it is too far on the 'creative' side. Some of the exercises, like one leg squat with bicep curls or good mornings with back rows, have been in her other workouts. But with it being all upper body focused, it seems fresh and new and I really like the smooth transitions from one exercise to the next.

BTW each warm up and stretch is a little different on each level. I am really pleased with the DVD purchase.
Old 09-27-15, 07:34 AM  
rheash92

Thank you so much for the reviews! So only Amazon has it now right? Anyone seen it in stores yet? Thanks.
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-15, 08:53 AM  
DeepSeaSue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheash92 View Post
Thank you so much for the reviews! So only Amazon has it now right? Anyone seen it in stores yet? Thanks.
I got my copy at Walmart (but I'm in Canada).
DeepSeaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-15, 11:49 AM  
5pugmom

I am generally not a fan of her workouts. I have a few and they are just "Meh." But I was doing Jari Love for a few months (Hi reps low weight) and not getting anywhere. So I switched to Heavy weights/lower reps (KCM) and really nothing is happening as far as getting any tightening or tonight. So, I decided to try body weight since that is the only thing I have not done. I also ordered her Killer buns. I have been doing these together every other day to get a little over a 60 minute resistance workout. I can actually say, I like them. I am still on level 1 just because i want to go 2 weeks at each level. I will do level 1 till the end of this week and then move to level 2. On some of them, I do use much heavier weights than they do, just because I can (back work with rows and bicep curls.) Surprisingly, I end up very sweaty at the end of the Arm/back. Not as much with the killer buns, which is surprising since leg workouts usually really work me. I haven't previewed level 2 yet. But I definitely want to get through 2 weeks at each level before I decide if I see results. But it's definitely doable and I agree, she is not yelling an screaming like she is on some. She is toned down and right to business. Totally worth the $12 from Amazon
5pugmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jillian michaels, killer arms and back