Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-06-15, 05:21 PM  
lesia

Yippee! My BodyShred DVDs are here!Review thread

Got my BodyShred dvds in the mail yesterday and am previewing them thru the weekend. I really like the workouts that I've previewed and I've already made my mind up that I want to do this one. I know, so many choices for great workouts, so little time...but I'm pumped about this one. Also the nutritional booklet with the recipes seems doable...for me. Anyhoo, just excited and I knew that someone here would understand. People in my real world? Nah, not so much....

I'll def be starting the real rotation on Monday but will probably try the Cardio 1 tomorrow.

Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-15, 05:29 PM  
dnna

I am very happy and excited for you. I completed the first Jilian Set 3 times! good luck, and wishing you great results
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-15, 05:33 PM  
thaispice

I know exactly how you feel and am excited for you too! You're surrounded by people who can empathize.
thaispice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-15, 05:36 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I'm excited for you too!! This is on my very long wish list. Would love to read any reviews of this set.
Old 03-06-15, 07:10 PM  
s2546

I love this set. I started it but got too busy. I put it aside to start again when I am ready to commit . I previewed all and I think the format is excellent and fun. I think Jillian did a great job. I also liked JMBR.

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-15, 07:17 PM  
lesia

BodyShred Cardio 1!
"Fire UP!" Drills
3 circuits/8 moves (30 sec. each move) You repeat each circuit for a total of 6 rounds.

Circuit 1:
-behind back jacks
-jump rope
-high knees
-butt kickers
-football fast feet
-side center side (twisting hops)
-circle runs (agility run around mat)
-mt. climbers
Repeat

Circuit 2
-crab tricep kick (I had trouble with this one, so I did it off my 8 inch step to get more range of motion)
-burpee into a jump
-front clap jack (seal jacks)
-jab/cross/punch (fast)
-chair hop plyo (I'd never seen this move, chair hop into a plyo)
-plank jacks
-ski hops (z-zags)
-broad jump over mat + 2 jacks back
-suicides
Repeat

Circuit 3
-speedbag
-toe taps (Riverdance)
-side knee pull
-squat thrust (in & out abs)
-crossover jacks
-forward knee pulls (like nutcracker)
-alternate push front kicks
-cross hops on 1 foot (I did a Heisman move/skater) I do not like hopping on one foot. I'm injury free and plan to stay that way.
Repeat

Zuzka leads cooldown stretch. Jillian is encouraging, funny, and laughs at herself when she can't do the stretches that Z instructs. She also appears very comfortable with her crew.

There's no choreo but pure straight drills and there is absolutely no downtime. When I was finished I was drenched like if I had done an Insanity or Black Fire workouts. In the set Jillian includes a fitness towel with the logo "Let Them See You Sweat!" Now I know why. I can't wait to start Monday.

For what it's worth, I have Body Revolution and I think Jillian (in BodyShred) is more comfortable in the camera and the workout made "sense".

Hope this helps someone.

I'll retitle this so that I can review a BodyShred each day.

Lesia
Old 03-06-15, 08:16 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Lesia,

I can't wait to read more of your reviews/breakdowns! Thank you! This set is a "must" for me but I'm going to wait for a few months or longer for the price to go down. I'm in no Rush...got so much to keep me occupied for now
Old 03-06-15, 08:24 PM  
lesia

Yes the BodyShred dvd set is expensive, but I had been putting in my change each day into a jar and over time I saved up $100 and then I just added in the remaining. So to me, it was "found money" Believe me, I normally wouldn't have ordered it until it was cheaper. I'm glad that I basically forgot about my change jar until I found something I really wanted.

Lesia
Old 03-06-15, 08:29 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesia View Post
Yes the BodyShred dvd set is expensive, but I had been putting in my change each day into a jar and over time I saved up $100 and then I just added in the remaining. So to me, it was "found money" Believe me, I normally wouldn't have ordered it until it was cheaper. I'm glad that I basically forgot about my change jar until I found something I really wanted.

Lesia
That is awesome!! I need to start doing that!
Old 03-07-15, 12:16 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Lesia,

That is an awesome way to save up money for the set. Thank you for the review. I can't wait to read more reviews.

ebianco, I saw in the P90X3 thread that you just received it. I'm excited for you too. That is the other set that is on my wish list. I'm also trying to wait for the Bodyshred price to go down. I bought Body Revolution when it first came out and now I noticed that it's almost half the price that I paid for it.

Tags
bodyshred, jillian michaels