Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-13-21, 06:11 AM  
Cher

Yesterday I did Travis Eliot’s Paradise Yin Yoga in the morning and went for about a 30 minute walk in the afternoon.

JBliff - Good idea taking an active rest week. Hope your side starts feeling better.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-21, 07:27 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Gosh just lost a great post. Arghh…

Cher I think PushPull is quite hard. Cathe used to move so quickly in the older vids, and you hardly got any rest between exercises. I feel like most of the older DVDs were Metabolic in nature. And remember the old step workouts were all on an 8 inch step? What do you have to do to get the cabin ready? Does it take the whole weekend?

Jbliff I’m glad you are taking a rest type week. You always work very hard and don’t take many rest days. I hope your side gets better. It kinda sounds muscular.
Appreciate your wonderful weather!

Vannie and Gibbee I miss you guys. Check in when you can

I ran 2 miles on the dreadmill today and 4 yesterday.

What do ya’ll think about lessening the restrictions on mask wearing?

Night all.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-21, 10:26 PM  
Vantreesta

Hey, guys. I've been knocked out with fatigue and headache the last two days but am feeling better tonight. Tuesday night I barely slept so I ended up sleeping most of yesterday till around 3. Today I slept in and took two naps. The headache finally went away this evening, thankfully. Nothing I took for it helped. Yesterday we didn't walk at all, today we did three walks but all were short. Fingers crossed I will back to normal tmrw. It's bothering me being off schedule and not hitting my step goal!

Friday, Monday and Tuesday I did workouts for Murph training, Run With Hal app, Lauren Brooks' Push, Pull, Swing challenge and paper workouts, along with the glute warmups and yoga stretches I've been doing. Saturday we were in NE for a Ren Fest and Sunday was one in IA. It was an emotional wknd missing our moms and hard driving the route I hadn't driven since the last day my mom was alive, but I made it through.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-21, 08:46 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a walk with DH in the morning and 30 minutes on the elliptical + the no-equipment segment from Stretch Max in the afternoon.

Vannie - I'm sorry to hear about the headache and fatigue. Glad to hear you're doing better. Sometimes you just have to take a break from working out.

Karjoy - This weather is beyond delightful but we'll be back to the 80s mid next week, unfortunately. My side is very slowly getting better. I really wanted to lift yesterday but restrained myself.

Cher
- I'll be thinking of you Monday. What time is your surgery?

Gibbee - I hope you are doing well.

Have a good weekend, everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-21, 03:25 PM  
JBliff

Karjoy - Re the relaxation of mask wearing guidance, I'm a little concerned that since the vaccine is not 100% effective, and millions of people are still not vaccinated, if you don't take precautions, you could get infected even if you yourself have been vaccinated. I think I will still be careful if I am in a crowd of people for any extended amount of time.
Old 05-14-21, 04:45 PM  
Vantreesta

Fri 5/14 0 minutes CYRIC'S BIRTHDAY
15 minutes (from C. Jordan 15-Minute Glute Activation Workout, YT)
9 minutes (from H. Clare Best Exercises for Piriformis Syndrome, YT)
24 minutes (from CVG Murph Training day 13 Medal of Honor --4 RFT 200 M run, 25 air squats, 20 jumping lunges, 15 situps, 10 elevated pushups + additional .25 mi at end for RWH) THU
**00 minutes (from __ mi mi for Run With Hal app 15k Base Training Plan day 4) THU *did this as part of Murph day 13
**00 minutes (from L. Brooks Push, Pull, Swing Challenge wk1 day4) push covered in Murph day 13, pull covered in Murph day 14, swings done with BSR
24 minutes (from L. Brooks BSR week 2 Strength 3 + CVG Murph training day 8 -50 hollow rocks + day 14 -50 inverted rows + 20 additional swings for PPS)
12 minutes (from TurboFire Stretch 10)

These mix and meld workouts and challenges are just easier to post from my minutes check in. I felt like my usual self so grateful for that! Poor Cyric is sick on his birthday. Hoping he feels better soon.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-21, 09:41 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: 30 min treadmill run. Somehow this week I have squeezed in a bit of strength too. Long run in am.

Jbliff I plan to mask indoors indefinitely if don’t know for sure that everyone is vaccinated. And the CDC said that masks of course should still be mandatory in all health care facilities. Just this morning I saw 4 patients who said they will NOT get vaccinated. Sheesh… Thank goodness the vaccines are so effective.

Good to hear from you Vannie. More tomorrow.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-21, 06:53 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Low Impact Circuit cardio only premix from the sash series. It was pretty fun.

Karjoy - My hairdresser won't get vaccinated either. She says she doesn't yet trust the safety of the vaccine. Pretty frustrating. I just finished a very interesting book called "The Premonition" by Michael Lewis that takes you into the early days of the pandemic and how our public health system completely failed us. It's a pretty infuriating read.

Vannie - Good workouts!

Waves to all. Have a good day.