Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-11-21, 08:11 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 16 Recovery Stretch.

Stayed home all day and sewed, got a quilt top finished which is about half way in the process.

Anita, hoped you enjoyed your time in the garden. I love those same two brands for bras and shoes. All the bras I bought were Wacoals. I tried other brands and none seemed to fit. I need summer sandals and will probably go looking soon. I have both casual and dressy dresses in my closet that I haven't taken out and tried on in over a year.

Laura, if you find yourself in SoCal it would be fun to get together. We aren't that close to Los Angeles, I actually live in Irvine in Orange County if you have a map. But if you're going to be here, I'd like to see you.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 06:47 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on taking care of ducklings and goslings at WRC this morning - hope I don't have them all for myself as I'm sure their numbers have expanded a lot since last week. Otherwise, planning on a walk with Gus and putzing around in my garden - I'm trying to pull the creeping charlie out of my garden beds - ha!

Laura, hope your titers against Covid worked out! Enjoy your trip to CA or the wedding! I thought I was done with my application for the student, but still have more info to provide. I need three references that have been in my house, but they count a married couple as one and won't count my friends that are now in Chile - really I don't have many people that have stayed at my house!

Paula, I hope you and Laura could get together in CA!

Waves to all (from >6 feet away)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 08:21 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Yoga with Kassandra Morning Day 12 followed by Pahla B Body Shaping Day 17 Moderate Cardio, also a walk with DH.

We had a lazy day, went to Balboa Island and walked and had lunch.

The contractor emailed me today he should receive the vanity on June 1st and will begin our remodel soon after. So we have a couple weeks clear and are thinking of taking a short get away for at least two nights.

Anita, I hope there weren't too many waterfowl and you hard an easy day at the WRC. I used to have pots and pots of creeping charlie years ago - beautiful plant but it will take over while you're not looking.
Old 05-13-21, 07:49 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Yesterday I had help with the ducklings - yay! Everything went well and we got out early. I did take on the creeping charlie in my garden and got about twenty feet of garden perimeter done - yay! More to work on today. Today I'll be playing Carcassonne, walking Gus, and pulling more weeds - last year lots had overgrown on the weed side since I couldn't do much garden work with my hip.

Paula, don't utterly abandon your house to the remodelers, stay in touch and be nearby if needed. I've got a lot of creeping charlie in my yard - it's actually kind of briefly pretty as it blooms as my neighbor's lilacs bloom at the same time - purple heaven! Prince would've been happy .

Anita
Old 05-13-21, 05:21 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Yesterday was super busy. I had a long training session and had two people I've worked with in the past contacting me with critical emergency questions. And I took DH to a chiropractic appointment. While I was sitting waiting for him, I found gas at a station in the quadrant of the town I was in and went and sat in a line. If you've heard of the gas crisis on the east coast, we're caught in it and both cars had a quarter of a tank. So it felt critical that we get some, and I was happy to get it.

Today, I had a training session in the morning. In the afternoon, I felt like getting out, so we went to one shopping area with a reputation of a good place to walk, but a lot of the interesting shops are no longer there. So we went to a mall and walked around some. We had never been to either place, and it was just good to get out and find a new place. Now, I can check them off the list.

Anita - They count couples as one person? That doesn't seem right. Anyway, I hope you figure something out. Guess they don't count Gus either!

Paula - Where are you going to go for your get away? I live vicariously through you these days. I'm looking forward to that changing so that I travel some of the time!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-21, 07:59 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 18 moderate weights followed by Yoga with Kassandra Morning day 13. Also a neighborhood walk with DH.

An ordinary day, DH went to the hangar and I sewed. Spent some time on the phone with a friend who is worried about her grandson who has signed up to run an ultramarathon. I know ultras sound scary but he's doing everything right, has a trainer and is old enough to know when to quit if he needs to. I hope I talked her out of being scared.

We're thinking of doing another two night get away. We plan to leave Monday and return on Wednesday so you won't hear from me for a couple nights next week.

Anita, glad your day at WRC went swiftly. Good work on the garden. We won't leave the house for long while the remodlers are here. They aren't going to start for a couple weeks which is why we're going now and will be back before they begin. We are going to Auburn, CA which is an old town, began during the Gold Rush and is still going due to it's proxmitiy to Sacramento (the state capital). It's near the mountains so we find some nice hiking in the Sierra.

Laura, sounds like you had a pleasant day. We are going to northern California to enjoy the mountains for couple nights.
Old 05-14-21, 07:00 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on working at the wildlife center this morning - not sure what I'll be working with as new people seem to have taken over the bat room. Otherwise a walk with Gus, game of Carcassonne and trying to do something outside between rain showers. I got another twenty feet of garden beds cleared yesterday.

Laura, sorry you're in that area with all the low levels of gas - hopefully that'll resolve quickly as I believe the gas company paid off its criminals . One of these days I'm hoping to go back to a mall and walk around - haven't done that in over a year! I'm not sure how the mask end is being accepted by the store and business owners - I'll still carry a mask in my pocket if needed. I went ahead and put in my friend in Chile with all her US contacts (her phone is a Milwaukee number) - yeah, this is kind of silly, but she knows what living in my house is like! And Happy birthday, Laura!

Paula, an ultramarathon? Eeeek! Hopefully they are supervisable on their route to make sure everyone makes it safely. Enjoy your trip to Auburn! Sounds lovely!

Anita
Old 05-14-21, 07:50 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was a good day. I spent quite a bit of time on the phone talking to friends and family, including the niece with whom I share the birthday. We went to Pittsboro, a small town about 30 minutes away, and wandered around their downtown historic district. It was a nice day to be out and about and we bought some pottery.

Anita - It's good that your friend still has a U.S. number. Hope it all works out. All the places we went in today still had signs up requiring masks. It will be interesting to see how long they stay up. I saw one business owner on the news say that they have no way of knowing who has been vaccinated and who hasn't.

Paula - That sounds like a good trip. Enjoy yourself..

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-21, 08:37 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 19 Core and Balance followed by Yoga with Kassandra Morning Day 14 Low Back. Also a neighborhood walk with DH.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA!!!!!!

Laura, we will continue to carry masks because as you say the store owners don't have way to know who has had the vaccine and who hasn't. I don't have a problem wearing a mask or social distancing I don't understand how and why this got to be a political issue rather than a health issue. In any event, I'm glad you had a nice day celebrating your joint birthday with your niece.

Anita, glad you had a nice day with Gus too. Yeah and ultra is a big committment, but her grandson (the one planning to do the run) is in the military, has a coach, and is training, training, training. I hope he's bringing a support team to pace him in the rough sections and pull him out of the race if need be.
Old 05-15-21, 07:22 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus and working on my garden today - every day I finish about twenty feet of garden bed, but this is a BIG garden! I might grill some burgers outside also . I should probably mow the yard also.

Laura, nice celebration of your birthday! What kind of pottery did you pick up - artsy stuff sitting on a shelf or things you'll use in your kitchen or studio? I have a few pieces of artsy pottery that I just love . Yeah, all the businesses I go to are still having us wear masks - Target, WRC, etc. I'm fine with it, but will be glad when I can get rid of my masks.

Paula, sounds like your state's businesses is continuing to wear masks even if it isn't a state requirement. I've not worn masks on Gus walks, so that part hasn't changed for me. My SIL is still fighting vaccination but celebrating not wearing a mask, so that's why it's good to wear a mask when around others... sigh.

Anita