Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-02-19, 11:23 AM  
Vantreesta

Thanks for explaining, bee! My hubby has been wanting to cancel cable for a while now but I won't let him. I don't think it would save us in the end bc we'd have to get internet and then all my shows might not be carried by one streaming service so then how many do you end up paying for.

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack the thread, just didn't know that about Prime!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 11:45 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Thanks for explaining, bee! My hubby has been wanting to cancel cable for a while now but I won't let him. I don't think it would save us in the end bc we'd have to get internet and then all my shows might not be carried by one streaming service so then how many do you end up paying for.

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack the thread, just didn't know that about Prime!
I looked into cancelling cable, but when I priced out how much I'd have to pay for each service that carries the content I watch the most, it ended up being almost the same price. I'd save a little, but it's not worth the hassle for me.
Old 10-02-19, 11:49 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
I looked into cancelling cable, but when I priced out how much I'd have to pay for each service that carries the content I watch the most, it ended up being almost the same price. I'd save a little, but it's not worth the hassle for me.
We have Verizon fios also. We have a bundle for cable, internet and phone. It really would not save us much to cancel the cable, and getting internet without the bundle price was very expensive.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 12:17 PM  
Vantreesta

We don't have home phone or internet. I like the convenience of cable too. I don't want to have to remember what service a show is on. My DVR handles everything for me and I watch when it's convenient!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 06:33 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I'm not paying monthly...
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-19, 10:28 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I can't imagine Tony doing anything that would appeal to me anymore. I have several of his sets and that is enough. Prime probably doesn't have my preferred "Less Tony" option anyway.

We cancelled cable a few years ago and haven't missed it. I download mostly free Prime videos. Once in a while I will pay to rent something. We rarely watch regular TV.

I prefer to buy DVD/Blu-ray/4K videos as I like the great picture quality. I have a huge collection.

ETA: We were just on a RV trip and some of the parks include cable TV. DH would scan through all the channels in about 2 minutes and not find anything he felt like watching. So, we really don't miss cable.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-19, 07:30 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

I decided and subscribe to Tony lets see what happens. Strangely this is not on BB.
BTW I like AP more than Netflix too, they too many weird stuff on it to my taste.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-19, 01:34 PM  
MARIKA

Anyone try these yet? On my tv says it's through Gaiam which I don't have.
Old 11-02-19, 08:47 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

On FB, Tony confirmed that he is no longer with Beachbody. This is what he posted:

"I work for Gaiam TV Fit & Yoga now. I had an awesome 20 year run with Beachbody. It's still a great company, but the situation was changing there, so I had to make a move." He also posted this, which is confusing, "Nothing new right now but my relationship with Beachbody is still very strong. Once the dust settles, my hope is that a P90X4 isn't far off." So it sounds like he's currently in negotiations with them, but in the meantime, he went off and did his own thing.

If you want to access his new program, there is a week free trial and then you have to pay a monthly subscription of $6.99 to Gaiam, which has a channel on Amazon Prime. It is also available on some cable TV platforms (Verizon and some others) and you have to pay the $6.99. I haven't tried it yet, but I might sign up after New Year's since I am doing another rotation right now that I want to finish.
Old 11-06-19, 12:51 PM  
tonus

I've done all of Tony's series I think, except the recent one with sandbags. Since Beachbody hasn't had anything interest me in the last few years I have done a rotation of the Daily Burn weightlfting series and a lot of Hasfit. I started Next Level a couple of days ago and I have to say I love it. It seems a lot like the original P90X.

I started Monday with the Toughen Up workout. It's an upper body workout with three blocks of five 60 second moves. Each block is performed twice. There are 30 second breaks between each set. Despite lasting overran hour the workout seemed to move quickly. I really felt it the next day. I like the simplicity of having three levels demonstrated for each move.

Yesterday I did the Bottom Dollar workout. This is lower body Plyo for strength. I haven't done any Plyo for awhile so I appreciated the fact all the moves could be done at Level 1 without impact.

I'm a Tony fan, I like his sense of humor. He's got some new impressions and new jokes and some new moves. This is definitely worth the subscription price for me. I already have Amazon Prime, and the app works very well with my Chromecast. Considering what a new batch of DVDs would have cost, with all the packaging and the diet plan that I would never use, this seems like a real bargain.
tonus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon prime videos, next level, tony horton, tony horton next level